What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's an ambitiously high water line you're aiming for there 🙂
Not really. The point is to never suck water into your differential. I've had my 80 in water over the hood a couple times. The location of that diff breather would have been appropriate then since the water level was over the hood but the vehicle was moving so there were air pockets in the engine bay. Probably would have been fine. My breathers weren't extended and no, the world did not catch on fire...but saying hood level water is "ambitious" is kind of like saying 30 round magazines are "high capacity"...not when you need it.

I love this idea. I am going to try to do something like this when I get a chance. Cleaning up wires may be my new hobby.
For as limited my knowledge of electricity is, I've been really enjoying my wiring projects!

And this is not my original idea. Ive seen it first from another 80 owner I follow on instagram. I dont know if he is on mud but his insta handle is @m_i_adventures

Not really. The point is to never suck water into your differential. I've had my 80 in water over the hood a couple times. The location of that diff breather would have been appropriate then since the water level was over the hood but the vehicle was moving so there were air pockets in the engine bay. Probably would have been fine. My breathers weren't extended and no, the world did not catch on fire...but saying hood level water is "ambitious" is kind of like saying 30 round magazines are "high capacity"...not when you need it.
If you're in hood level water with any regularity, you're a lot more ambitious than I am =)

Pretty tough to keep a gas engine running for any length of time when the water is sloshing around the distributor, but I don't disagree with the placement of your breather - certainly one less thing to worry about.

And the only problem I have with high capacity magazines is how much it costs to feed them!
IMG_20180319_210547.jpg

If you're in hood level water with any regularity, you're a lot more ambitious than I am =)

Pretty tough to keep a gas engine running for any length of time when the water is sloshing around the distributor, but I don't disagree with the placement of your breather - certainly one less thing to worry about.

And the only problem I have with high capacity magazines is how much it costs to feed them!
View attachment 2942087

Looks like a nice quiet evening at home. :)

View attachment 2942087
I never said you should park there, haha...was just pointing out that one man's "ambitious/unnecessary" is another man's norm.

We drive 80 series Land Cruisers for crying out loud. Everything is ambitious.

For as limited my knowledge of electricity is, I've been really enjoying my wiring projects!

And this is not my original idea. Ive seen it first from another 80 owner I follow on instagram. I dont know if he is on mud but his insta handle is @m_i_adventures
Anyone adding new wiring should should make a diagram of what they've done, kind of like the EWD. In a couple years from now when you want to add something else you're going to wonder what you did previously.

Here's one I did for my seat heaters.
1646339931192.png

Picked up a clean, stock 1997 LX. Triple Locked. It's only lived in CA, NV and TX. A few cosmetic issues to clean-up at my leisure but well-maintained and rust free except for a bad rear hatch glass install. This one will be my long-term Cruiser to tinker with. My 2nd locked 80 and my 4th Land Cruiser. I still own a built 2005 100. Shipping to me next week. Feels good to be back in the 80 forum in addition to the 100 forum.

9lEpYNNZ-s0tbfZsCNC.jpg

Anyone adding new wiring should should make a diagram of what they've done, kind of like the EWD. In a couple years from now when you want to add something else you're going to wonder what you did previously.

View attachment 2942222
Great advise! Thanks!

View attachment 2942222
That's not a wiring diagram, this is a wiring diagram ->

mqw1.jpg

Though mine encompasses a bit more wiring/rewiring :) This on my patrol in oz.

But, I agree, you definitely want to document what you've done for yourself and in case you ever sell the vehicle. A few photos doesn't hurt either.

cheers,
george.

The aftermarket clear side markers on my land cruiser are falling apart. I ordered some oem replacements from partsouq. I don't know how they do it. They shipped from Dubai 3 days ago and I have them. I ordered a fancy catbox that shipped today. It'll be here in a week.

I installed a Huracan fab tailgate hatch today. I love it!!! More pics in my build thread.

FAFBE14A-3924-49D8-B253-24B77C029F90.jpeg

97DCC35B-A744-41C8-B8D1-F51472CFCD41.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom