What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there an advantage to the upgraded disks? I did this about a year and half ago, but only got the 4runner calipers.
Bigger, heavier, but I will get back to you on this after I try it. I tend to drive in a way that lets me not have to panic stop. But I know that when I do, I wanna stop quicker. With 33's and all that Trail Taylor iron on there, it doesn't stop like it used to.

Re sealing the dry crusty gutters. Hoping that what seems like a windshield leak is actually the gutters leaking. Rust converting tomorrow.
Planning to use POR PATCH to temporarily fill the rust holes until I can get some help cut out and weld in a patch.
If you’re in the central TX area and can/have the capability to do a small roof patch reach out!
7E78D4AF-54ED-48B4-8277-DEF80E4F9098.jpeg
F61AA1FB-058F-4EDC-84E2-CBE62D6675B2.jpeg

A6D564E8-52BA-4194-974D-AF1409619352.jpeg

Last edited:
Bigger, heavier, but I will get back to you on this after I try it. I tend to drive in a way that lets me not have to panic stop. But I know that when I do, I wanna stop quicker. With 33's and all that Trail Taylor iron on there, it doesn't stop like it used to.
Well, at least if you hit something you won't get much damage! My 60 grabs on very fast! I can easily lock them up but have not wanted to test this. Sometimes so touchy I feel like maybe the booster adjustment is off even though i copied the setting of the existing non functional one. Did the rear brake adjuster mod after i experienced that over adjusting and so far it has worked like a charm!

Well, at least if you hit something you won't get much damage! My 60 grabs on very fast! I can easily lock them up but have not wanted to test this. Sometimes so touchy I feel like maybe the booster adjustment is off even though i copied the setting of the existing non functional one. Did the rear brake adjuster mod after i experienced that over adjusting and so far it has worked like a charm!
I don’t think my brakes will even lock up

I slid through a red light. I was trying hard to stop by standing on the peddle. It wasn't stopping fast enough so I pushed harder. The brakes locked and it slowed even slower with the tires squealing. Not much for a driver to do when you are giving your all.
I'm thinking I'll have more control between standing on it and skidding. Lucky nobody was hurt. All four tires skidding, but mostly the front. I learnt.
I think a bigger rotor and more pad area ought to help. We share the road with many drivers in light cars who don't respect a safe following distance or understand why.

Re sealing the dry crusty gutters. Hoping that what seems like a windshield leak is actually the gutters leaking. Rust converting tomorrow.
Planning to use POR PATCH to temporarily fill the rust holes until I can get some help cut out and weld in a patch.
If you’re in the central TX area and can/have the capability to do a small roof patch reach out!
View attachment 2939776View attachment 2939778

View attachment 2939779
Hey Billy, make sure whoever does the welding pulls your headliner. Need a protective shield on the inside. That insulation in there is extremely flammable.

Brought my wife’s 62 home after massive work being done at my friends place.

We got the 3FE tuned up, unsuccessfully kinda sorta flushed the A440F, refreshed the brakes, did massive roof rust repair, insulated it and then I drove it home.

The A440F/split case is coming apart. Horrible grinding noises and clunking. I only expected it to make it the 50 miles home. It did that. I need to get in gear (pun intended) and start the h55f swap.
This was the longest it had been driven since the motor locked up around 2009 ish. Someone completely coked up the engine and ran it til it lost compression.

It just passed state safety inspection and it’s one step closer to being my wife’s all stock daily.

291,887 miles and will be over 300k by the end of the year.

5859D6F2-B379-4548-9B4E-149DA99F75F5.jpeg

D25847BE-3BAC-47DD-AA54-E133E38D1BA7.jpeg

C99BA5DE-004D-49F5-BD1C-5AADC5944F1C.jpeg

46AB8ABB-394D-48F6-BB90-F4AB8206832D.jpeg

6FEC5F14-5054-4C12-A8A8-0503AFDDBE97.jpeg

I slid through a red light. I was trying hard to stop by standing on the peddle. It wasn't stopping fast enough so I pushed harder. The brakes locked and it slowed even slower with the tires squealing. Not much for a driver to do when you are giving your all.
I'm thinking I'll have more control between standing on it and skidding. Lucky nobody was hurt. All four tires skidding, but mostly the front. I learnt.
I think a bigger rotor and more pad area ought to help. We share the road with many drivers in light cars who don't respect a safe following distance or understand why.
Therefore, we have to spend our money on our trucks. Aw, shucks....

I installed rear shoulder belts and found that wrangling the straps out of the way when I flip the seat down became a hassle. So I found this design and printed out these strap keepers.
844880D5-4B9F-462A-A2D2-6D84DB16F65C.jpeg
947C710F-2916-4EED-9B51-AF460C26E6E7.jpeg

They are held in place with 3M VHB tape. They work great, don’t interfere with daily use of the belts and keep the belts from getting caught when you raise the seat back into place.

@mattressking hauled it up from California to Idaho for me, so I was finally able to park it in a garage for the first time since I've owned it.

When it got here it didn't want to start despite multiple long glow plug cycles and lots of cranking. Putting it in the garage with a space heater got it to crank over on the first try. I think its a combination of six month old California diesel and a problem with the glow plugs not working right, so I'll have to get that sorted next weekend.

20220227_113252.jpg

@mattressking hauled it up from California to Idaho for me, so I was finally able to park it in a garage for the first time since I've owned it.

When it got here it didn't want to start despite multiple long glow plug cycles and lots of cranking. Putting it in the garage with a space heater got it to crank over on the first try. I think its a combination of six month old California diesel and a problem with the glow plugs not working right, so I'll have to get that sorted next weekend.

View attachment 2941209

Looks good in there. Glad Nate’s services were put to use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom