VSV removal on 94 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys I'm in Australia and have just cleared under the plenum but now can't get my 93 to start. It starts than stalls I have no idea what I have forgot to do. I have plugged all open ports and connected the fpr to a vacuum source(the small plastic nipple on top) but nothing. Anyone experienced this problem ?

Thanx mate which one is that ? I cant see one there. I can only see one vac line now its fpr.

Maybe I'll join you in Moab, 20 hours on the plane and I'm there.
I forgot your previous president Obama caused problems with my visa because I come from the Middle East, He forbade the use of profiling, meaning that an Israeli is interrogated like an Iranian, an Iraqi or a Syrian
I'm a doctor of chemistry
I am ex military (like almost every Israeli)
On the visa questionnaire I was asked about the knowledge of using weapons and explosive devices. I did not lie.

if a captain in israeli army combat enginers would know that? LOL

and Goodbye Visa

I wait for the new guy to change this stupidity
Wow

Think I'm just going to put it all back on as I can't get this thing running, us cars must be different to aus. It's either cutting fuel or spark. Bit silly to me tho for the car not to run without this as it's not at all a necessary thing. This means if one tiny little pipe comes off the entire car won't move. Thanx 4 help 😉

Think I'm just going to put it all back on as I can't get this thing running, us cars must be different to aus. It's either cutting fuel or spark. Bit silly to me tho for the car not to run without this as it's not at all a necessary thing. This means if one tiny little pipe comes off the entire car won't move. Thanx 4 help 😉
Did you ever figure out what caused it not to run?
Correct obd1 so no codes on the emissions egr is disabled and put jumper into harness side of temp sensor, Super smooth idle , and have not experienced any boiling of gas this summer at high altitude
@ajax1 couple questions. The large connector in your picture on top of intake. I'm assuming it connects to vsv between the 2 intake pieces? Does that connector just get left open? No jumpers needed?

Also does the egr temp sensor harness side connector need to be jumped?

Yes I left the connector on top of the intake like you see it. The only jumper is in the engine side harness for the temp. @QuackAxel

Unplug your egr temp sensor, put a jumper wire into the engine harness connector where it plugs into the egr temp. Leave temp sensor alone, just let it dangle and bag the connector. Yes on the charcoal canister ran a line to the bottom of the wheel well where the stock one vents out the bottom. Might be an issue if it is super hot where you live. It is fumes so could in theory burn.

Unplug your egr temp sensor, put a jumper wire into the engine harness connector where it plugs into the egr temp. Leave temp sensor alone, just let it dangle and bag the connector. Yes on the charcoal canister ran a line to the bottom of the wheel well where the stock one vents out the bottom. Might be an issue if it is super hot where you live. It is fumes so could in theory burn.
Ok. I have my motor out now. So taking this chance to get rid of all the crap. I won't have the egr valve in there anymore so all I'll have to do is jump out the harness side of the egr.

And the only vacuum lines I will have is a single one going to the fuel pressure regulator? I have heard mention of one more that is needed?

Yes the other vacuum line is under the tps to the bellows, you want to leave it as well.

Yes the other vacuum line is under the tps to the bellows, you want to leave it as well.
I guess I don't know which one that is? You have a picture?

Also, when you said the charcoal canister vents to atmosphere. Is that the "purge " side of the tank?

1646080670380.png

Is it there one in the center of the picture next to the plenum?

Can you please show a picture of this line bud. I don’t know what line you are specifically talking about. Thanks man.
I know longer have the truck was two cruisers ago, it is in my buddies yard I’ll see what I can do. This weekend I’ll the intake of the 95 off and I’ll snap a pic of that line

I’ve got a 97 intake i want to prep for a delete on my 94. Would it help if I posted a pic of that, and you guys could highlight what ones to loop back and what to keep?

I’ve got a 97 intake i want to prep for a delete on my 94. Would it help if I posted a pic of that, and you guys could highlight what ones to loop back and what to keep?
Same question here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom