What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, was getting ready to rebuild my knuckles when I discovered my front brakes are shot. Passenger side caliper malfunctioned and ate the inside of the rotor. It started making noise but I had no idea it was this bad. Funny thing is, it didn't pull or act weird. I did notice a clicking sound on the White Rim with @ntdb. So any advice on new calipers and rotars? Cruiser Outfitters are out of stock on OEM rotars.

We should have plenty of the OEM rotors in stock they just need ro be added to the CruiserTeq.com site as it looks like some sold this weekend.

toyota 4wd badge 1.jpeg
toyota 4wd badge 2.jpeg
toyota 4wd badge 3.jpeg
toyota 4wd badge 4.jpeg
toyota 4wd badge 5.jpeg
toyota 4wd badge 6.jpeg
toyota 4wd badge 7.jpeg

AARCO 1.jpeg
AARCO 2.jpeg

You could install in a parking lot with the right tools. Yes you have to support the leaf springs and loosen the nuts, you don’t have to take the u bolt completely off, loosened enough you can slide the mounting bracket under the u bolts. These will fix your sag, no doubt. Easy install, you got it!
Big ass can of good penetrating oil! Maybe have a good Sawzall. When I installed add-a-leafs on my existing OME suspension I ended up having to cut my Ubolts off. Just get under there first and test the waters before committing a day to it. Be good to soak the bolts for a few days. I know you are just loosening but mine were bad enough that I broke the Ubolt on the 3rd turn!

Big ass can of good penetrating oil! Maybe have a good Sawzall. When I installed add-a-leafs on my existing OME suspension I ended up having to cut my Ubolts off. Just get under there first and test the waters before committing a day to it. Be good to soak the bolts for a few days. I know you are just loosening but mine were bad enough that I broke the Ubolt on the 3rd turn!

Thankfully I replaced my suspension in the last two years so I've done my time with the Sawzall for now! That was an awful job.

Have you considered this? Brake Upgrade - The Tundra Mod

I recently did the front brake upgrade on mine and it is definitely everything it's cracked up to be.
I'm running FJC 17" steelies so this is an attractive mod. Just one day to install and using no grinding or welding? Besides the FROR kit I will need to source the master cylinder and brake lines? Anything else?

I'm running FJC 17" steelies so this is an attractive mod. Just one day to install and using no grinding or welding? Besides the FROR kit I will need to source the master cylinder and brake lines? Anything else?
I have a good friend who helped, so if you're doing it by yourself it might take a little longer. Those two threads pretty much cover everything.

There are two things that stand out from when we did it:
1. Like the original thread points out, the lock washers used on the spindle bolts that come in the kit aren't very good. Go ahead and buy 16 10mm high collar lock washers to use instead.
2. The soft lines they supply with the kit are nice braided steel, but are too long IMO. I took the advice from the thread by @Godwin and used the OEM brake line that is on the center front of the 60 series. Bought two of them and used as the soft lines on each end of the axle to the new calipers.

I need to do this soon myself. Curious on the Strong Tie, were those already formed circular or did you have to form them that way somehow? If so curious how. Nice install.
I bought 2 of the Simpson Stud plates SP6Z at $3.28 a each.....They bend better because there are ALOT less holes than the strapping. They are squared off so you need to flatten them. Then I used a metal I'lly coffee can that I keep lead shot in, to form the radius by hand. I had measured and knew I needed about 1" more in the length for the new canister size. Used the old bracket for reference....Once I had one made, I could just copy it three more times. Turned out pretty good. I am surprised how she starts up faster and runs slightly better. No more pressure in the tank. @TheEngineer 's post convinced me to go for it.
The hurricane tie worked really well for the VCV because it has a twist in it that helps support the weight. Use a step bit to drill your holes and drill them 6.25" apart on the flats that you make at each end of the curve.

Well, was getting ready to rebuild my knuckles when I discovered my front brakes are shot. Passenger side caliper malfunctioned and ate the inside of the rotor. It started making noise but I had no idea it was this bad. Funny thing is, it didn't pull or act weird. I did notice a clicking sound on the White Rim with @ntdb. So any advice on new calipers and rotars? Cruiser Outfitters are out of stock on OEM rotars.
Is that square hole for a hitch. @TRAIL TAILOR ??

View attachment 2931770
It’s an integrated receiver hitch. Would slide any 2” hitch into it

Also interested in pricing on those bumpers.
These are custom bumpers by J. Might message him via his website 60 Series - https://www.trail-tailor.com/store/c3/60_Series.html or shoot him a PM through MUD. Can’t go wrong as he builds really nice stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom