Dissent Off-road 2022 LC100 Product News (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kem

Threads
Website
www.dissentoffroad.com
My name is Filip and I do sales and marketing here at Dissent Off-road.

The ih8mud community has been instrumental in the success of Dissent Off-road, so we want to keep you guys in the loop with what we have planned for the LC100 platform. We now have an e-commerce website! We know, took long enough ;) dissentoffroad.com

2022 is going to be a year of expansion for Dissent in terms of modernizing and efficiency. Hiring continues to be an issue for employers across the U.S. and being in a small town nestled in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains makes it even more of a challenge for us. So we’re focusing on how we can work smarter and investing in equipment to reduce lead times while we try to hire the best we can.

Ordering Note on Steel vs Aluminum & lead times
If you’re in a hurry, or have a time sensitive trip always go for steel and avoid getting a front and rear together. Steel takes less processing and always comes out quicker than aluminum. Steel fronts often ship faster than our advertised lead times. Steel rears ship out faster than aluminum, but the rears are far more labor intensive than fronts and take longer.

Bull bar front bumper
No, the old front bumper is not coming back. Yes, we will offer a full bull bar for the current LC100 Ultra-high clearance bumper in LC and LX guise, The plan is to make it backwards compatible with existing bumpers. Bull bar will be 3-piece modular like our current one for the LC80 bumper, and fair warning even if you order bumper and bar together you may need to drill the bumper wings yourself to install it.

Skid Plates
This ones a tough one, and we are open to input from you guys if we should bring them back at a higher price point. We’re really proud of our skid plate system for the LC100, and it’s the most requested product we put out-of-stock. They are material intensive and if prices don’t come down we either need to permanently discontinue them or make them 20% more expensive. That price hike would make them pretty darn expensive which is why we haven't done it yet.

Roof Racks
We’re not in a hurry to bring these back, we’d like to but reducing lead times is more important than bringing back the rack. You may see a handful of units go on sale here and there but it’s likely going to be awhile before we make more in volume.

Rear bumper
You will see a technical redesign of the LC100 rear bumper. The changes will be to the fit-up as it relates to manufacturing, they are currently very labor intensive to make. Additionally we plan to make a second “cut” version like our LC80 rear that requires removal of the factory rear cross member. This will allow us to move the hitch into the bumper to further improve clearance. We will offer two versions of the rear bumper and both versions will share components so you can decide to move to the “cut” version later if you buy the “no cut” 2.0 version first. Please be patient with this one, don’t expect any news until much later in the year. Right now we don’t expect the rear to change drastically from a visual standpoint and swing-outs will stay the same.

Let us know if you guys have any questions

lc100-hatch-swingtire-open_2048CC.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

Awesome to see a return of the "cut" rear bumper👍

Thanks for the update. Do you plan on having the Roadvision combo lights as an option for the V2 steel/aluminum rear bumpers like the 80 and 200 series?

Any chance the 100 series sliders/steps will come back?

While I really like the look of the Dissent products, I haven’t been able to plan far enough ahead in my projects to use any of the products, yet.

I love the well thought out modular bumpers, with their pretty welds, but the skid plates would probably be my first Dissent purchase for our off road toy, even with a +20% price hike, and I’d be half tempted to buy 2 more sets just as catalytic converter theft deterrents for our other two 100 series. I hope the skid plates will return, even if it’s on a somewhat limited basis.

@kem
Hi Filip,

I understand the 100 platform does not produce anywhere near the volume of sales as the other platforms do.

However, if you, Ben and the Dissent Team would consider group buy thresholds for each product for the LC100 platform...I think the community here would be inclined to support you.

I hate to think a Dissent Product for my 100 is "no longer avail", "never coming back", etc. (all good things eventually come to an end) :(

I'd like to think if a group buy can make it more worthwhile, maybe that is a business model that will work for Dissent? (for us in the 100 camp)

No more sporadic orders of 1 or 2 of something 100 series a year. (making an assumption here of just how low volume some/most 100 stuff is)

Thoughts?

Thank you for posting this!

Last edited:
Any chance the 100 series sliders/steps will come back?

X2

While I really like the look of the Dissent products, I haven’t been able to plan far enough ahead in my projects to use any of the products, yet.

I love the well thought out modular bumpers, with their pretty welds, but the skid plates would probably be my first Dissent purchase for our off road toy, even with a +20% price hike, and I’d be half tempted to buy 2 more sets just as catalytic converter theft deterrents for our other two 100 series. I hope the skid plates will return, even if it’s on a somewhat limited basis.

It is fricken hard to plan ahead and budget these big expenses, when it comes up you better be ready to pull the trigger or you're waiting until next time... If there is a next time.

Re: Skid plates, why not also offer just the center skid as an option for people like me whose #1 concern is CC theft??

@kem
Hi Filip,

I understand the 100 platform does not produce anywhere near the volume of sales as the other platforms do.

However, if you, Ben and the Dissent Team would consider group buy thresholds for each product for the LC100 platform...I think the community here would be inclined to support you.

I hate to think a Dissent Product for my 100 is "no longer avail", "never coming back", etc. (all good things eventually come to an end) :(

I'd like to think if a group buy can make it more worthwhile, maybe that is a business model that will work for Dissent? (for us in the 100 camp)

No more sporadic orders of 1 or 2 of something 100 series a year.

Thoughts?

Thank you for posting this!
I like this idea.

I feel like it handles the issue of limited supply for consumers, and having capital and time tied up for manufacturers. If you want it, buy it, and wait a bit. Give me a price break for being part of a bigger run of product, and I like it even more.

Skid plates (or any other product with similar time/materials expense): Keep it available and raise the price. You guys have very in-demand products and for most of us it's more important to get the "right" product than it is to hit some budget threshold for our build. Nobody's buying your stuff because of its small price tag. We're all buying it because we think it's the best out there.

Keep it up! Love my Dissent armor!

1644618045949.png

Skid plates (or any other product with similar time/materials expense): Keep it available and raise the price. You guys have very in-demand products and for most of us it's more important to get the "right" product than it is to hit some budget threshold for our build. Nobody's buying your stuff because of its small price tag. We're all buying it because we think it's the best out there.

Keep it up! Love my Dissent armor!

View attachment 2921880
Rad wheel and tire set! Great looking rig.

Wish turn around times are “shorter”. Products are in demand so making inventory readily available will definitely entice buyers (instant gratification) than waiting for 12-16 weeks for a bumper and/or skids. Solution products as the word describes is an immediate need/want so hopefully TATs are shorter.

Wish turn around times are “shorter”. Products are in demand so making inventory readily available will definitely entice buyers (instant gratification) than waiting for 12-16 weeks for a bumper and/or skids. Solution products as the word describes is an immediate need/want so hopefully TATs are shorter.

Agreed. Don't give me time to second guess my expensive purchases 😅

Thank you everyone for the great feedback and everyones patience with as we make the slow but necessary step to reduce lead times and move to a model where we have products in-stock and the lead times would be just for powder coat.

? On no cut rear: does this rear bumper allow usual access to underbody spare time winch as I want to keep a spare there?

If you want to keep the spare in the factory location we recommend the existing "no cut" version, that way the hitch is the lowest point and not the tire itself. By putting a spare in the cut version you'd essentially be negating the extra clearance gained and the tire is what would drag when off-road

Don't discontinue your skids. They are the best product you make for the 100 IMO. My front bumper wasn't a great experience and I dread the day I have to remove it to service the which but the skids are butter. They fit PERFECT and are the best designed skids on the market. Raise the price 20% I promise you its worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom