For Sale (GA) Rebuilt Odometers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JVZii

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Have you been pretending that your odometer being stuck on xx999 for the last few years is ok? It isn't. Every mile that you log in your 40 should be captured.

Over the years I have obtained several odometers from hopeless clusters. And, since I love the environment šŸ˜ I am always trying to recycle. These odometers have been disassembled, cleaned, reassembled and are ready to drop into your cluster.

IMG_20220210_203500.jpg

$65 delivered for either an old or new style odometer. OR $45 delivered if you agree to send me your old odometer as a core. (Mud benefits) $10 extra for a specific milage on odometer.

Drop me a line with your year and a pic of your cluster if possible. Some years can be very specific and I may need your core to rebuild.

Jack

Several have sold. I still have a few left though. Old and new style.

Indeed!
Iā€™m trying to get him to step over to the dark side and repair 80 Series clusters.
Heā€™s resisting me?

devo

šŸ˜ I don't have any spare parts if I break an 80 cluster.

äøŠć«ē§»å‹•ć—ć¾ć™

You put the link in your reply to me, I thought I should have probably replied here instead:

I am interested and what do I need to do to order one?

Hey I got your pics from the other thread. I have an odometer that I can get cleaned up and sent to you. One thing to check on your side is how bad the gears in the back of the speedometer housing look. If the odometer has been frozen for a while these gears can get thinned out as they grind on each other. If this gear shaft is bad you need a replaced as that rear gear is not really removable.

If the gear shaft in the back looks ok I have a spare long gear shaft that runs from the back up to the front.

Thanks
Jack
IMG_20220618_112644.jpg
IMG_20220618_113124b.jpg
IMG_7548b.jpg

This is what they look like. I don't see a lot of wear but I'm not an expert at what it should look like:

IMG_7567.jpg

And is this something I should put grease onto as well or am I likely to be flinging little globules everywhere if I do grease them?

Does this look ok to you?

I think they all look good. I bet the odometer was jumping causing the click.

I think you just need odometer not the gears. Send me a pm if you want the odometer.

Jack.

Also you can put a little grease in the gears. They do not spin so fast that grease will fly around.

For everyone else, I got a rebuilt odometer from JVZii, He was fast and friendly and helpful. I hope I DON'T need his help for this Cruiser odometer again but I would not hesitate to ask again if I get another with the same problem:

Odometer at 57000.0

IMG_7594.jpeg

Odometer at 57001.0
IMG_7602.jpeg

I won't really know that it works until I turn over from 59999.9 miles to 60000.0, but before only the tenths wheel was turning, and the rest were free when I installed the odometer.

And hey, I didn't mess up the speedometer or any of the other gauges!

Thanks again for everyone who replied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom