What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 2915756
Not sure about the fj62 but this is where the 60 charcoal canister is located (passenger side).

In the 60 it only affects the carb by allowing it to vent the fuel bowl. From my understanding, the other hookups would impact any motor regardless of fuel delivery method. It allows your tank to breathe through heating and cooling cycles and prevents pressure buildup in the tank. If there’s a rush of air when you remove the gas cap I’d recommend changing it out.
Very good info, I have the issue you describe when I remove my gas cap. What’s the AC Delco PN?

I got my rear heater working finally!

A few weeks ago I found the lines completely clogged by the PO’s liberal use of Bar’s leak. It took a pressure washer, a fish tape and a coat hanger wire chucked up to my drill to clear it.
While I was at it, I installed a new thermostat housing, new thermostat and o-ring “which was previously missing.
When I put it back together there was no heat at the rear, WTF?

So this weekend I replaced the lower thermostat housing (finally found a good used one) and took another look at the heater plumbing. I figured I should start at the next lowest point since I found so much sludge in the hoses. So I started at the “Y” and sure enough I found the connector completely blocked with coppery sludge. I got a very thing back together and bingo! We have heat ladies and germs!

CB3334C1-0647-4072-B4AA-0D63DF80C95C.jpeg

Never assume the problems you find are the only ones that exist.

Very good info, I have the issue you describe when I remove my gas cap. What’s the AC Delco PN?
@TheEngineer would you happen to know the AC Delco EVAP canister part number? Thank you.

Part is AC Delco 215-153 and here's the link where I got mine from on Amazon. My knowledge is specific to the 60 but our stock unit is much more compact than this GM replacement part and I needed to remove the stock mount setup. There's already a couple writeups done if you search but I'll be documenting what I did for my case in my build this week.

Finally got one of them fancy factory inclinometers installed, with some electrical parts help from @ToyotaMatt. LED backlight bulb and factory plug. Got the inclinometer from @FJ40GURU.

Cruiser lean confirmed. The struggle is real.

View attachment 2699555View attachment 2699556View attachment 2699557
Several month-old post, but I have a couple of questions: did your OEM HVAC bezel fit fine with the inclinometer? I installed one a few months ago, and I've been working to find a (relatively) uncracked bezel. I found a decent bezel, but when I try to put it in place (a) it won't go in with the inclinometer there (the bracing on the back of the bezel hits it), and (b) the cutout for the pocket (although unaltered) looks too big and has spaces around the face of the gauge. Any guidance on this?

Wrapping up round 2 of the 3FE water pump replacement. This all started about 3 weeks ago when @cruiserinsanity was coming home at night. The water pump froze, coolant overheated, and radiator split a seam. He was only a couple of miles from home and I used the 80 series as the tow rig. While waiting on parts we ran a compression test to see of the head gasket had blown. 145-155 across all cylinders, and this engine has easily over 200k miles on it. Last weekend we swapped in the new that leaked between the pump body and backing plate. Dove back in this weekend and the process went much smoother. The new coolant was drained but picked up trash off the frame rail so an old t-shirt was used to filter before reusing. Ran it up to operating temps and drove it a couple of miles and all is good.

IMG_7323.JPG

Wrapping up round 2 of the 3FE water pump replacement. This all started about 3 weeks ago when @cruiserinsanity was coming home at night. The water pump froze, coolant overheated, and radiator split a seam. He was only a couple of miles from home and I used the 80 series as the tow rig. While waiting on parts we ran a compression test to see of the head gasket had blown. 145-155 across all cylinders, and this engine has easily over 200k miles on it. Last weekend we swapped in the new that leaked between the pump body and backing plate. Dove back in this weekend and the process went much smoother. The new coolant was drained but picked up trash off the frame rail so an old t-shirt was used to filter before reusing. Ran it up to operating temps and drove it a couple of miles and all is good.

View attachment 2917496
The holes in my t-shirts won't allow for filtering fine sediments...pebbles at best. :hillbilly:

Several month-old post, but I have a couple of questions: did your OEM HVAC bezel fit fine with the inclinometer? I installed one a few months ago, and I've been working to find a (relatively) uncracked bezel. I found a decent bezel, but when I try to put it in place (a) it won't go in with the inclinometer there (the bracing on the back of the bezel hits it), and (b) the cutout for the pocket (although unaltered) looks too big and has spaces around the face of the gauge. Any guidance on this?

No issues with the bezel fitting on my install. Without the bezel installed and simply mounting inclinometer in place there were some spaces around the face of the gauge. The bezel fits over the the gauge as to sort of frame it and cover the spaces you see when the bezel is off. My inclinometer fits exactly like the pocket setup did. I am not near my truck at the moment so I am going off memory as to how things fit in there. Maybe some photos here showing your issue would help.

I’m almost certain this is not an original idea since the filler neck on the 60’s is criminally small. I’ve had to drain and refill the coolant a few times recently and this is much quicker method to dump in a few gallons.

D6EC293C-17E8-436B-9E7C-81E178983D16.jpeg

Getting the hose free from the thermostat housing can be tough sometimes but this is still way faster. Hope it helps someone.

this past weekend i shard what i know about all this FJ60/ 62 jis YAZAKI Jazz

finally figured out these will plug and play MOUNT mechanically to a 8/80-9/87 USA spec. 60 and or 62

combined with my JIS PURE YELLOW Billet Aluminum LED bulbs

simply BLISS ......... :D

View attachment 2917062

View attachment 2917065
View attachment 2917066

View attachment 2917067
View attachment 2917068
Not gonna lie, I do like the appearance of those over that of my LED marker assemblies. My only complaint about my marker assemblies is that they protrude more than the stock lenses.

Ordered a little TPMS kit from Amazon a few days ago and threw it on yesterday. The receiver is a lot smaller than I thought but it's a handy little gadget for sure. Pay no mind to the winter road grime on the wheels.....

TPMS 01.jpg

TPMS 02.jpg

Not gonna lie, I do like the appearance of those over that of my LED marker assemblies. My only complaint about my marker assemblies is that they protrude more than the stock lenses.

the whole idea is the DO stick more , to better Illuminate the ARCTIC Region / Cold Climate Spec. / Frigid Zones where they were destination market used to better see

the tall snow bank on the sides of the road or trails being Traveled ...

come on @Spook50 ? 🤣

have you not heard of a :

jdm_genuine_toyota_snow_version_decal_1521443929_858c155c.jpg

the whole idea is the DO stick more , to better Illuminate the ARCTIC Region / Cold Climate Spec. / Frigid Zones where they were destination market used to better see

the tall snow bank on the sides of the road or trails being Traveled ...

come on @Spook50 ? 🤣

have you not heard of a :

I want a snow version quite badly. Just so I can have that sticker and your reproduction snow version key. With the snow version radiator wind screen. Etc etc…. 😍

I want a snow version quite badly. Just so I can have that sticker and your reproduction snow version key. With the snow version radiator wind screen. Etc etc…. 😍

both the smaller and the larger SNOW VERSION decals are in production right this metric second and will be ready by weeks end

100% PERIOD CORRECT :cool:

Toyota-Land-Cruiser-J60-740x502.jpg

View attachment 2917496
I've always done the same thing for filtering coolant. #protip

Does anyone have a go-to for gaskets for our rear vents? I think the most recent snow storm ruined what little rubber I had left there. Heavy rain yesterday and I had some water in the trunk area near where the fuel filler neck sits. Car hadn't moved all day and I checked the window seal, it's still good to go.

Ordered a new blower motor and fan for my HVAC. Mine makes a pretty bad sound and there's almost no airflow.

@cruiserinsanity was telling me that the 3FE has been difficult to start lately and the condition has been worsening. We were using the 60 to winch stuff off a trailer today and after shutting off the engine restarting it took much more time than normal. We talked about the symptoms and that this was a fuel related issue. I knew that I had a spare fuel pressure regulator in the parts pile, well not just one but two :lol: NOS that were both purchased in 2013. We swapped out the old one and that cured the issue.

IMG_7328.JPG
IMG_7327.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom