What’s everyone driving when you leave your LC home? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drive my 80 quite often, say 500-600 miles a month. It’s think it’s the perfect vehicle other than mpg. Everyone’s always saying how slow their 80s are which I don’t really agree with. They’re obviously not fast but how fast are y’all trying to go?? I’ve desired passing power and maybe some more grunt on steep hills but for the most part I can accelerate/cruise just as i need without really wringing it out. I split the rest of my driving time between a Subaru Outback 3.6 and some seasonal summer cars, all of which are faster than the 80 but the performance of the 1fz feels just right for the platform. I’m also a speed limit guy maybe straying +/-5mph. Im on 33s, a 2.5in lift and stock gearing. But I would LOVE to LS swap eventually.

The transit has become the daily driver. Twin turbo and it hauls.

DSC_1790.JPG

DSC_1788.JPG

Wow sweet! That’d be my ideal configuration for an 80 series. Sounds like you got you dream truck.

Were there any maintenance headaches to work out when you first imported it?
No problem at all. I drove it back. I had it serviced in San Salvador prior to my departure. I had driven it throughout Guatemala even before that.
The trip is very easy and if you have your docs in order, it's less than 2 hours to get the vehicle into the u.s. at the Mexican border.

The transit has become the daily driver. Twin turbo and it hauls.

View attachment 2918360

View attachment 2918361
I’ve got an awd HR extended eco boost that I use for work and I never get sick of it! It’s night and day to it’s competition. Although I’m unfamiliar with the newest MB sprinters, the price and limited dealer network made the decision a no brainer!

The 80 rarely gets driven. I've got an Audi Q5 TDI that gets 30mph and hauls balls with a killer stereo that I usually drive. Weekends we have a ecoboost AWD Transit to haul the toys and camp in. The 80 is the only non-turbo I've had for many years but I enjoy the occasional slowness for a very fast paced life.

I like my tesla 3 quite a lot, but getting close to 3 years and 60k miles, it is showing it's age much more than it should. Just squeaks and rattles, etc. Perfectly reliable. I freaking HATE the 2021.44.25.2 over the air update. So much so, I'm halfway considering selling the car, just on principal. They should have no right to so drastically change the way one uses their own vehicle without any sort of permission/choice in the matter. It's like buying a red car and taking it to the dealership for service, and lo and behold they painted it brown while it was in the back. That said, no way I could have gotten anything remotely comparable for the price I paid in 2019, so I'm still happy overall. Polestar will be in consideration when it's time to replace this one.

I have a newer model 3 dual motor awd with the power boost. Frankly, I love the thing, but that update...still can’t figure out where everything went. I wouldn’t be caught dead in Polestar @jonheld :flipoff2:

I go through cars to supplement the 80 almost on a monthly basis. Over 30 cars in the last 5 years to keep miles off my 80. This was my favorite combo

Bought a great 60 series I really regret selling last summer
4668A9BE-71E3-4F57-A4E3-BF70C1378E6C.jpeg

Then I sold the 60 and had about 8 others cars and then got a Prius as I knew I was going to be doing a lot of worthless highway miles this year
D94212B4-8B9A-4D87-99BA-572DA07C8207.jpeg

Selling the Prius currently and picking up and BMW 330CI ZHP next week which I am super excited for!

Yes I love the steelies , that’s what I would have done on my 80 if I didn’t get a deal on the bronze methods .

Steelies fan here too.

14CE23F3-5C54-43B5-B412-791F0B91082D.jpeg

I go through cars to supplement the 80 almost on a monthly basis. Over 30 cars in the last 5 years to keep miles off my 80. This was my favorite combo

Bought a great 60 series I really regret selling last summer
View attachment 2920202

Then I sold the 60 and had about 8 others cars and then got a Prius as I knew I was going to be doing a lot of worthless highway miles this year
View attachment 2920203

Selling the Prius currently and picking up and BMW 330CI ZHP next week which I am super excited for!
I like your style! Nice find on the zhp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom