Trollhole vs City Racer Carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Which would you recommend? Is Trollhole still putting out carbs? I have no idea how to get in touch with hime - cant find a website?

I don’t know what the differences are between the Trollhole and CR carb are, if any, but I’m pretty sure they’re both Chinese copies of the original Aisin. I have a Trollhole that I used to run and it worked well.

My best carb is the original Aisin rebuilt and bench tested by Jim Chenoweth. I’m amazed at how well it starts, idles, and runs every time I drive my 40.

Both carbs are a copy of the 21100-61012 non usa carb.
The th was a Chinese version last i heard.
The cr version is a Japanese copy.
Cr was at one time selling the toyota carb as well...i have two of them and like anything Toyota, the quality is unquestionable.
If you're desmogged its the way to go.

I don’t know what the differences are between the Trollhole and CR carb are, if any, but I’m pretty sure they’re both Chinese copies of the original Aisin. I have a Trollhole that I used to run and it worked well.

My best carb is the original Aisin rebuilt and bench tested by Jim Chenoweth. I’m amazed at how well it starts, idles, and runs every time I drive my 40.
Right now I have a Holley on it. What would he the best course of action. Buy an eBay aisin and send to him or ????

This is the way to ROLL @Racer65 UNITS

china S#IT , NO way JOSE ...............

1644187977908.png

or

1644188010221.png

Right now I have a Holley on it. What would he the best course of action. Buy an eBay aisin and send to him or ????

if your running a HOLLY now ?

you will most likely need all or parts of this here :

PM me for further details

thanks

For a 1971? I wouldn’t recommend either.

@65swb45 What would you recommend for a 71 ?

Last edited:
@65swb45 What would you recommend for a 71 ?
A rebuilt Aisan meant for the F engine, guaranteed full-use mechanical secondary, vacuum advance port. A non-US version would come ported, but they’re a little hard to find. I routinely port the US spec ones when I rebuild them.

Last edited:
A rebuilt Aisan meant for the F engine, guaranteed full-use mechanical secondary, vacuum advance port. A non-US version would come ported, but they’re a little hard to find. I routinely port the US spec ones when I rebuild them.
I just bought a stock one for my 71 as well but i am not a carb guy, hadn't had to mess with them much, how do you port it, is it easy enough to do on the drill press or do I just mail mine off to you?

I recently bought new stock carb for my 71 from a fellow member on a different Toyota site, it came looking like your pic and with nothing else, did yours come with anything else, gasket or anything?

the above 2 carb examples i posted are for a 2F engine ONLY 1/75 - 9/87

Mark specializes in the 1971 topic here / @65swb45 :)

Is Jim still rebuilding them? I’ve tried to reach him a couple times with no luck. Mark, are you rebuilding them?

If you are starting from scratch, i.e, sourcing a carb, you may want to think about the Holley Sniper - seems to get a lot of positive reviews here.

Is Jim still rebuilding them? I’ve tried to reach him a couple times with no luck. Mark, are you rebuilding them?
Yes, I am.

Per my signature line, I’m not taking any more work until March. I’m thinking about extending that, but at the same time I already made the mistake of starting a waiting list. :meh:

Chenoweth can be hard to reach at times. Always worth the effort. He is still doing carbs. Best to reach him at fj40jim@gmail.com. Or @FJ40Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom