The canal boat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's why I'm moving back to third. It allows me to return to 50/50 custody.
Third shift blows.
Not having my kids blows more.
I worked third shift for most of my 32 years hear at the big U for that reason plus there is huge seniority here. But now I’ve got me some seniority. I came home and took the boys to school and then picked them up and had dinner going before my ex got home. It was a good arrangement other than I was always tired.

I worked third shift for most of my 32 years hear at the big U for that reason plus there is huge seniority here. But now I’ve got me some seniority. I came home and took the boys to school and then picked them up and had dinner going before my ex got home. It was a good arrangement other than I was always tired.

I did it in the past. I am pretty good and sleeping whenever.

So for me it'll be,
Put kids to bed at 930.
Leave at ten
Work till 530
Home at 615
Take daughter to school at 7, son to school at 8. In bed by 830. Pick kids up from school at 3.

That leaves a solid 6 hours a day with them.

Edit, seniority is big here but it shift changes are by organization. I'm currently #11 on the third shift list but we are moving 16.

I didn’t read your entire thread. What was up with your transmission. These are pretty much bullet proof more so than the engine.

I didn’t read your entire thread. What was up with your transmission. These are pretty much bullet proof more so than the engine.

Hydro a442f lunched the converter and in the process ****ed the trans.

New trans spun the pump bushing on the converter and lunched it too

This is not a usual thing with the 442. Have you ever driven a 1fz? How would you compare that to the diesel which has lower numbers than the gasser. I love diesel. I own a dodge Cummins but think that if I ever do a swap it will be a 6.2 GM.

This is not a usual thing with the 442. Have you ever driven a 1fz? How would you compare that to the diesel which has lower numbers than the gasser. I love diesel. I own a dodge Cummins but think that if I ever do a swap it will be a 6.2 GM.

I have never driven a gasser lc

I think I’ll cash it in and hit the rack boys. I hope tomorrow brings me more energy.

Must be a day off if you're going to bed this early.
I caught the ‘Rona yesterday started feeling bad. Better today but tired. Sick day on my last two days before vacation.

Gratuitous driveway shot....

I've out about 150 km's in it and everything seems great. Now I can start installing some of the little bits I have at home.

Drives great again.

20220127_100647.jpg

Looks good setting in the drive way.

Holy cow she is super clean. What year is the Ford?

My dad had a 1966 ford straight six three speed. It was yellow and had yellow dog boxes built into the bed bc he was an avid raccoon hunter. I was probably 3-5 when he had that truck so that would be 70-72. We called it the banana wagon.

My dad had a 1966 ford straight six three speed. It was yellow and had yellow dog boxes built into the bed bc he was an avid raccoon hunter. I was probably 3-5 when he had that truck so that would be 70-72. We called it the banana wagon.

That's cool. This is also a 6/3 for now. My daughter wants a small block Ford and 5 speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom