Brake Booster Aftermarket Recommendation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I own a 1996 LX450 and am in need of a brake booster. Trying to keep my budget under $200, instead of the $775.00 OEM from my local dealer. Is anybody willing to recommend an after market brand?
PartsGeek has 5 after market Brake Booster brands. They are: Replacement, Seiken, SKP, A1 CArdone, and Centric. Have any of you had good luck with any of these after market brands?

Seems to be a popular choice here with no negative feedback to date, anecdotally speaking. I've been running it for 1.5-2 years, 20Kish miles, lots of urban crawling, no issues.

I just bought one from City Racer, LLC. Price was great and it works like normal. You just need to order the two thin paper gaskets from Toyota.

I own a 1996 LX450 and am in need of a brake booster. Trying to keep my budget under $200, instead of the $775.00 OEM from my local dealer. Is anybody willing to recommend an after market brand?
PartsGeek has 5 after market Brake Booster brands. They are: Replacement, Seiken, SKP, A1 CArdone, and Centric. Have any of you had good luck with any of these after market brands?

Check Partsouq.

$420

Cheap may get you what you pay for.

I just bought one from City Racer, LLC. Price was great and it works like normal. You just need to order the two thin paper gaskets from Toyota.

I've been running one of these for 2-3 years, works well.

Recently the original booster on my 97 FZJ80 died, bought a Seiken. Compared alongside the original booster the Seiken is identical in appearance/markings. Only difference I could see is the rubber bellows around the plunger/shaft is a slightly different design/shape. Pedal/braking is good, no issues. FWIW

Last edited:
No need. Cheap and available

• (1) 44785-35020 OEM firewall mounting gasket
• (1) 47275-24010 OEM master cylinder mounting gasket
Not as available as the scissors, punch and gasket paper in the shop. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not as available as the scissors, punch and gasket paper in the shop. 🤷🏻‍♂️
They were less than $5 from local dealer, but knock yourself out with the paper crafting if preferred. They really are just paper thin cut outs to keep the paint from scratching.

I put a Centric booster on my 80 about three years ago when the original Seiken failed. Seiken was out of stock everywhere I looked at that time. Centric is still running strong. No issues.

They were less than $5 from local dealer, but knock yourself out with the paper crafting if preferred. They really are just paper thin cut outs to keep the paint from scratching.
Has nothing to do with money. I’m not a guy that wastes a vendor’s time with penny products. Definitely ain’t wasting mine with a box kicker at a dealer for something I can make quicker than he can type in my VIN.

None. Get the seiken, which is oem without the $400 Toyota box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom