Builds Trail Tailor- Custom Armor Build plus a few things (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The niche is easily filled if the interest is there. As some know the BDS version for the tundra were too long and hit the TR. I'm trying to find an actual sealed ball joint for the one end as I'm not a fan of heims. Waiting on one call back from a vendor on those. Finding a quality 14mm x 1.5 BJ is a PITA.... if that doesn't work, there is another option, but will increase costs about 25$ per link. Lastly the heim.

These will be approx. 1" longer than stock and with a 2:1 motion rate they should be fine and will serve most up to a 3" lift without hitting the TR.

The rear is an easy extension and plate., but the main interest is for the fronts.

J
Based on discussions here in the forum, larger tires sizes for the 200, 34" and 35", are becoming much more popular. This usually requires relocation of the sway bar and in turn causes binding of the sway links. Given this greater interest in larger tire sizes have you considered resuming development of sway links that would work in conjunction with the relocation kit to eliminate binding. Yes the OEM links can be moved outside the mounting pocket to reduce binding but revised links that accommodate the relocation and remain inside the pocket would be a much more effective solution that retains the stronger double shear mounting configuration. A combined kit with sway bar relocation brackets and links would make large tires, up to 35", an easy fit for the LC200 when used with the correct UCAs and wheel offset. Such a kit would likely be an easy sell for anyone interested in big meats.

Last edited:
Based on discussions here in the forum, it seems larger tires sizes for the 200, 34" and 35", are becoming much more popular. This usually requires relocation of the sway bar and in turn causes binding of the sway links. Given this greater interest in larger tire sizes have you considered resuming development of sway links that would work in conjunction with the relocation kit to eliminate binding. Yes the OEM links can be moved outside the mounting pocket to reduce binding but revised links that accommodate the relocation and remain inside the pocket would be a much more effective solution that retains the stronger double shear mounting configuration. A combined kit with sway bar relocation brackets and links would make large tires, up to 35", an easy fit for the LC200 when used with the correct UCAs and wheel offset. Such a kit would likely be an easy sell for anyone interested in big meats.
I have the TT the KDSS relo kit and I've mounted my sway bar end links on the outside of the cradle, but I'd prefer this route as well if Jason was ever interested in fabbing it.

It does look like the KDSS relo plates could be lengthened slightly and the holes could be pushed another 1/2" forward as well, at least on my 2013. I think indycole did that with some custom plates (they're just tapped aluminum blocks) and that plus a BMC helped him fit >35" tires. I don't know if the extra 1/2" forward is feasible on all vehicles or if the dimensions, welds, etc might impact the clearance though.

Either way I'd be game to try different end links, especially since my bushings are pretty worn after 120k anyway

I have the TT the KDSS relo kit and I've mounted my sway bar end links on the outside of the cradle, but I'd prefer this route as well if Jason was ever interested in fabbing it.

It does look like the KDSS relo plates could be lengthened slightly and the holes could be pushed another 1/2" forward as well, at least on my 2013. I think indycole did that with some custom plates (they're just tapped aluminum blocks) and that plus a BMC helped him fit >35" tires. I don't know if the extra 1/2" forward is feasible on all vehicles or if the dimensions, welds, etc might impact the clearance though.

Either way I'd be game to try different end links, especially since my bushings are pretty worn after 120k anyway

Cole has my plates on his 200.

Custom rear for @afgman786

J

PXL_20220126_213520341.jpg
PXL_20220126_213528137.jpg
PXL_20220126_213607497.jpg
PXL_20220126_213914824.jpg
PXL_20220126_212205807.jpg

THANKSGIVING AND BLACK FRIDAY PRICES ARE UP ON THE WEBSITE WITH LIMITED QUANTITIES.

DEC. 1st WILL BE THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR TO BUY ANYTHING FROM US THIS YEAR.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom