70 Series official color code thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1994 FZJ75
4E9 - the most ubiquitous color for these in the middle east
General Countries (Saudi Arabia)

EA161824-6762-4F21-B886-E4D97D793A8D.jpeg

80E9AAF1-4472-4536-BF74-D1529CE318C7.jpeg

Dont spose you know the paint code for this colour? and are you 100% on the colour name?

Seen a HZJ75 Troopy with this colour stock and it was immense

View attachment 2841213
That looks like 1D2. I've seen it called numerous things like pewter, Gray metallic, thunder cloud etc. 1D2 also has various shades which change the colour somewhat.

Hello,
Has anyone find out the OEM color code for the White FRP Code and what kind of paint to use?
I'm currently restoring a KZJ73, European version and I can't find anywhere the color code for the FRP Top.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

1988 hj75 australia, ex rural fire brigade
colour code 000
ends up the same as kubota orange!

Typical farm implement enamel matches kubota orange but none of them are uv stable. But she gets scratched in the bush very regularly.
Stands out like dogs testicles.
I use weatherfast gloss white marine enamel and recoat about every 3 years for the roof with a roller.
1643153275873.png

Does anyone know the paint code or the name for the brown metal dashboard components on a 1990 Australian hzj75? My plate reads 045 / LA40. LA40 doesn't come up on any online paint suppliers. I'm hoping to buy a spray can for some touchup work.

Does anyone know the paint code or the name for the brown metal dashboard components on a 1990 Australian hzj75? My plate reads 045 / LA40. LA40 doesn't come up on any online paint suppliers. I'm hoping to buy a spray can for some touchup work.
I think the first 3 numbers is the colour of your tojo, the second number la40 is trim colour 'scheme' such as door cards, floor matts, roof lining etc. But actual dash components like ashtray , cig lighter, knobs, buttons etc, only came in 3 colours, grey, black and biege, I believe. Your interior dash, the big metal part, should be the same colour as the rest your body.
Someone correct me if wrong.
I have black so can get grey or biege and vinyl/plastic stain it black, including seats. Vht stain works ok, does wear off a bit, but goes in and penetrates rather than sitting on the top. Very easy to re-apply in 10 years for a freshen up. Difficult to go lighter with stain tho, most paints would wear off quite quickly. Plastic and vinyl does not paint well.

Black is the easiest, and the new black! Bit off luck of the draw there with old cars.
Usually wreckers and aftermarket sources state grey, biege (sometimes just called brown) or black.
Goto a upullit wrecker in the tojo section and look at the similar components around the same era, they will be the same colour, such as hand straps, window winders. Won't cost you much. But more specific components like blinker arm, steering wheel is hard to get from a different vehicle.
What component/s?

I guess there are three types of color in play here:
  1. My body code is 045 / White as you mentioned.
  2. Plastic trim pieces / seat vinyl are brown.
  3. The metal portions of the dash are also brown (not white)
I'm looking for some touchup paint for the brown metal portions of the dash (example: glove box door). I'm not sure if LA40 refers to to the plastic trim or the brown metal pieces (or maybe both?).

I'm looking for some touchup paint for the brown metal portions of the dash (example: glove box door). I'm not sure if LA40 refers to to the plastic trim or the brown metal pieces (or maybe both?).
Ah , I see. Didn't know interior metal components would be different to body, but a darker interior for a white body makes sense.
I also have an olive green troopy wreck, the interior metal is the same as body, easier in factory. My bad, assumption.

I think you would have to look for how many browns for your particular year and match it that way. There is a site somewhere, with toyota colours and years, might be different for different countries though. Amayama might do it for you if you punch in your chassis number, it shall have a record of what engine and colour you have. In fact, amayama would be first port of call. It is a great system.

Take your glovebox door off and have it matched. That will be closer than any color code you can find.

That's probably what I'll end up doing but i doubt my local hardware store can make custom cans of spray paint. If i could figure out the code I could order spray cans.
There's two Napas close to you. Pretty sure they will be able to do it.

Hah, come to think of it, a blend of diesel fuel and road dust would probably be the perfect color.
I was referring to the fact that the inside of the fuel door would not be faded. As far as your blend of diesel fuel and road dust,
a bottle of Windex, a rag, and a few seconds of elbow grease would solve that issue. 😊

Last edited:
Any cat paint supply store(Napa maybe, Carquest paint supply shop, ext.) can mix up a spray paint can to match
And of course y'all were correct. Most NAPAs can't do paint and most of the paint shops I called don't mix automotive paint. But I found one NAPA paint store in the Sacramento area that hooked me up - custom spray cans of Toyota 045 and a can of brown color matched to my glovebox door.

And of course y'all were correct. Most NAPAs can't do paint and most of the paint shops I called don't mix automotive paint. But I found one NAPA paint store in the Sacramento area that hooked me up - custom spray cans of Toyota 045 and a can of brown color matched to my glovebox door.

Automotive paint supply shops are different since they specialize in auto paint products. Sherwin Williams also sells auto paint and related supplies.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom