70 series MPH speedometer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They must know me well…..

If I am understanding you correctly. I can revise the graphic where it is just the MPH dial but it won't work on the JDM face that these overlays are based off of. Here is a photo for comparison. As you can see the placement and size of the numbers on the km/h only face doesn't leave much room for a mph dial under it. Toyota has so many variants out there though.

View attachment 2898573
You're right, unfortunately.

There really are only a few mph numbers I'd need, so I've even thought about just making a few white or yellow lines and manually sticking them where I want them. The one's that come to mind are 15mph (school zones) plus the most common speed limits where I'm likely to get a speeding ticket - 45, 65, and 75.

Now that I think about it, I could probably skip having a mark at 75 mph. I'm not sure my truck will go that fast. I'd wear that speeding ticket like I just won a gold medal.

There really are only a few mph numbers I'd need, so I've even thought about just making a few white or yellow lines and manually sticking them where I want them. The one's that come to mind are 15mph (school zones) plus the most common speed limits where I'm likely to get a speeding ticket - 45, 65, and 75.

Now that I think about it, I could probably skip having a mark at 75 mph. I'm not sure my truck will go that fast. I'd wear that speeding ticket like I just won a gold medal.

I am sure there are some versions out there where someone could do what you are asking but I haven't seen anything yet.

Here is the ultra rare factory version where the MPH is the main dial and km/h is the secondary dial. Problem with this one is you have to remember your odometer readout is still in km/h if this was made into a graphic overlay. Photo courtesty of @Eco 45

404851CB-5BFD-4CB3-98AC-0BC30F852826.jpeg

In my case I would mark 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 and 50 mph. Anything beyond that is simply wasting ink. 😊

Inkedspeedo50max_LI.jpg

Any chance you could repost the svg / vector image or PDF? My wife recently got a Cruicut cutting machine and I think I could have it cut one of these out for me. Thanks!

Just send me your email address in DM and I can share the file.

Question: For those of you with 180km/h speedometers. Is this the outer shape you all have? The donor I got is this shape instead of the more round shape that was used for the 160km/h. Still working on the mph addition. The outer shape isn't that important as you will have to trim to fit over your existing face, I am just curious is all.

180kmh.JPG

Final version of the 180kmh with mph marks. Probably needs to be tested so I will be sending one out to the donor of the cluster before I post up the printable file.

180kmh.JPG

Final version of the 180kmh with mph marks. Probably needs to be tested so I will be sending one out to the donor of the cluster before I post up the printable file.

View attachment 2947414

It's so cool that you are still plugging away at these. As I said before, I'm very happy with mine, thanks!

It's so cool that you are still plugging away at these. As I said before, I'm very happy with mine, thanks!

Thanks man. I am glad that you still like yours and people find it useful.

So I did a test fit on a spare cluster I have with the first print out which is just a test print. Lined up perfectly to me. I have no idea if Toyota ever made this version of the speedometer face from the factory but at least here it is now. The 180km/h with mph version!

I am not going to release it yet because I need to work on it some more.

180kmh printed.JPG

180kmh test fit.JPG

Last edited:
So I did a test fit on a spare cluster I have with the first print out which is just a test print. Lined up perfectly to me. I have no idea if Toyota ever made this version of the speedometer face from the factory but at least here it is now. The 180km/h with mph version!

I am not going to release it yet because I need to work on it some more.

View attachment 2947944

View attachment 2947945
That looks nicely done. If I still had that style of cluster I’d be pestering you for an overlay. 😊

Thank you Charles. Maybe it is time for you to get back into an older 70 series.
I’ve got half of my retirement tied up in the current one so another 70 Series probably ain’t going to happen. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom