Total or not ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update: they have come up by 2 grand and with my receipts of parts they might come up a little more but not by much. They kept on saying PA has this 2 book rule and they cannot do much so they are going to give me an average of nada and red book. I need a car badly and I feel like prolonging this will even out with the rental costs. Keep arguing my case or accept it and move on ?

What is the total if you don’t mind sharing?

Insurance won’t use auction data for value, unfortunately. On my moms truck, I got her payout up around 4K in one call. Their comps were all used car lots in California, highest was 11k lowest was 8k, all of them looked like they were used as housing for the homeless. Hers (now mine) has the wear of a 3-4 year old vehicle. Total payout was something like 16-17k 9 months ago for a 2000 with 242k.

Does your policy include loss of use? We were able to get back about $1k for loss of use in addition to the payout.

No matter how bad you want it settled, the insurance company wants it settled faster. Usually the longer you hold out, the more they will pay to make the claim go away. If you can float getting a replacement, do that and wait until you are satisfied.

Why are you paying for a rental - the party that hit you should be paying for that?

What is the total if you don’t mind sharing?

Insurance won’t use auction data for value, unfortunately. On my moms truck, I got her payout up around 4K in one call. Their comps were all used car lots in California, highest was 11k lowest was 8k, all of them looked like they were used as housing for the homeless. Hers (now mine) has the wear of a 3-4 year old vehicle. Total payout was something like 16-17k 9 months ago for a 2000 with 242k.

Does your policy include loss of use? We were able to get back about $1k for loss of use in addition to the payout.

No matter how bad you want it settled, the insurance company wants it settled faster. Usually the longer you hold out, the more they will pay to make the claim go away. If you can float getting a replacement, do that and wait until you are satisfied.
The total is close to 11K minus the 500 deductible. With all the maintenance I am close to 14k. I am not sure if my policy includes loss of use but I can check that for sure. I can get another one but I am in a new job and no time off till my first work anniversary. It makes it very hard to go see a LC/LX in person.
Why are you paying for a rental - the party that hit you should be paying for that?
Well its gettin a little more complex than I thought. The fault is getting split in half which means we will end up paying for our own rentals.

Update: Geico came up to 11300 - 500 dedcutible I will end up with 10700. They are not going up any more. I have used all the techniques in my aresnal and from this group as well. Buy back is at 4500$ is to high IMO. It will cost at least 2-3 grand to fix the doors and the door sill area which is bent and took most of the impact. I am not sure how much of that can be fixed so I am letting it go. I dont feel really good about the pay out but they have me cornered.

why is there a deductible involved?
is this your insurance paying you or theirs?

when the wife smacked some deer at highway speed years ago, my insurance wouldn't give me anything extra for the tires that had 3,000 miles on them. I asked did it matter what tires were on it, he told me no as long as they held air.
I had a buddy at a tire shop put on a set of mismatched baldies on it.
Sold the tires to a good friend

Update: Geico came up to 11300 - 500 dedcutible I will end up with 10700. They are not going up any more. I have used all the techniques in my aresnal and from this group as well. Buy back is at 4500$ is to high IMO. It will cost at least 2-3 grand to fix the doors and the door sill area which is bent and took most of the impact. I am not sure how much of that can be fixed so I am letting it go. I dont feel really good about the pay out but they have me cornered.

As stated above--anything that can be taken off relatively easily should come out now. Aftermarket radio, leather seat covers, etc. You can't go too crazy, but if that is how they are going to do you, make it worth it.

Also, I'll buy your ARB if you can get it removed. If not, no worries!

why is there a deductible involved?
is this your insurance paying you or theirs?

when the wife smacked some deer at highway speed years ago, my insurance wouldn't give me anything extra for the tires that had 3,000 miles on them. I asked did it matter what tires were on it, he told me no as long as they held air.
I had a buddy at a tire shop put on a set of mismatched baldies on it.
Sold the tires to a good friend
Well I might get some deductible but that will take a bit longer, like when they decide who is paying for what and right now they are deciding who is at fault. I want to take off the tires but I cannot source anything for cheap to put on there. I have fallen wild peak with good thread left. I am going to take the F5 wheels off, as well as the diff drop but other stuff will be going with the truck. Like the OME springs, and torsion bars.

As stated above--anything that can be taken off relatively easily should come out now. Aftermarket radio, leather seat covers, etc. You can't go too crazy, but if that is how they are going to do you, make it worth it.
Yeah the stereo is out, the yotamd ram mount is out, the asfir is staying as well, TT sway bar links will be off soon. I took the ARB off and just zip tied the OEM bumper. I was going to put it on sale soon. It Is pretty straight except the center horizontal bar and the winch area was bent. The driver side arb mount is also mangled a little.

Well I might get some deductible but that will take a bit longer, like when they decide who is paying for what and right now they are deciding who is at fault. I want to take off the tires but I cannot source anything for cheap to put on there. I have fallen wild peak with good thread left. I am going to take the F5 wheels off, as well as the diff drop but other stuff will be going with the truck. Like the OME springs, and torsion bars.

Yeah the stereo is out, the yotamd ram mount is out, the asfir is staying as well, TT sway bar links will be off soon. I took the ARB off and just zip tied the OEM bumper. I was going to put it on sale soon. It Is pretty straight except the center horizontal bar and the winch area was bent. The driver side arb mount is also mangled a little.
You might post in your local clubhouse section and see if someone wants to come over with their stock rig and swap parts---not as good as keeping everything you had on there, but better than letting the insurance have it.

I finally got a good number to work with, almost 2x as much as initial offer. Had to argue my case which takes but it worked. Thanks for the help

For future reference, what was the determining factor(s) on convincing the insurance company to nearly double their offer?

I finally got a good number to work with, almost 2x as much as initial offer. Had to argue my case which takes but it worked. Thanks for the help
Glad to hear they've adjusted their numbers! When I read the initial offer I thought it was extremely low for a Land Cruiser in this market.
We're dealing with an insurance claim on a truck and just got an offer of $11.5k for a 2003 Tacoma base model - vehicle values are crazy right now

For future reference, what was the determining factor(s) on convincing the insurance company to nearly double their offer?
Well I got lucky sort of, the adjuster was being a jerk and wanted only 99 LX's for comps and would not consider anything else and only dealer no private sellers or forums. I could not find anything so I kept on waiting and for my luck Kings Chariot and one other listed their 99 LX for 30k+. I think they realized that it is not a regular suv so they came up and I also provided him all the receipts for the work that was done.

Well I got lucky sort of, the adjuster was being a jerk and wanted only 99 LX's for comps and would not consider anything else and only dealer no private sellers or forums. I could not find anything so I kept on waiting and for my luck Kings Chariot and one other listed their 99 LX for 30k+. I think they realized that it is not a regular suv so they came up and I also provided him all the receipts for the work that was done.
So King's Chariot is good for something!

So King's Chariot is good for something!
Yeah they did me huge a favor :). I do miss my LX a lot, so much effort and work done is all lost. Now In this market finding anything decent within driving distance is so hard.

Reactions: jLB
Yeah they did me huge a favor :). I do miss my LX a lot, so much effort and work done is all lost. Now In this market finding anything decent within driving distance is so hard.
That was one of the excuses that I used to pick up our "old beater", "extra vehicle", 1999 LX. If my kid or I were to get in an accident, we have an "extra" 100 series to drive while we "negotiate" the value, and could take our time to find a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom