NOW WITH A 0-70 Launch! Well i did a thing.. my 97 lx build. distributorless/turbo/h151f (1 Viewer)

how many waygu beef powers and torques did project waygu beef make?

• 100awhp!

• 200awhp!!

• 300awhp!!!

• 400awhp!!!!

• 500awhp!!!!!

• 600awhp!!!!!!?

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started putting parts on the truck today got the fuel lines in. Played around with the trans and t case and mockup engine. I am currently getting ready to mod the trans mount and tunnel. More pics later
IMG_20220122_161913.jpg

IMG_20220122_165256.jpg

IMG_20220122_165522.jpg

Um.... that transfer case looks like...................well one of these things is not like the others.

Hi - been watching your build & saving up this question for a while... regarding the exhaust manifold to turbo input tubing - small stainless sections & fit-up - wonder if you might share how you achieve those nice clean square edges?
What kind of saw for cutting? And what kind of workpiece clamp?
Especially for curved pieces & small pieces.

I do all my cutting with an ordinary humble horizontal bandsaw - and just put up with it's limitations - pretty much straight sections only (because of the work clamp), and blade cut angle drift., etc.
Every individual cut on mandrel bent tube sections would be an adventure in rigging & jigging & clamping - and would still require tedious correction to square up - post cut.

Thanks.

Hi - been watching your build & saving up this question for a while... regarding the exhaust manifold to turbo input tubing - small stainless sections & fit-up - wonder if you might share how you achieve those nice clean square edges?
What kind of saw for cutting? And what kind of workpiece clamp?
Especially for curved pieces & small pieces.

I do all my cutting with an ordinary humble horizontal bandsaw - and just put up with it's limitations - pretty much straight sections only (because of the work clamp), and blade cut angle drift., etc.
Every individual cut on mandrel bent tube sections would be an adventure in rigging & jigging & clamping - and would still require tedious correction to square up - post cut.

Thanks.
Thanks for checking out the build, at one point I had a bandsaw too, albeit a crappy harbor freight one and it eventually broke and i have not replaced it... i found that for me cutting the tube with a hacksaw and a high quality blade with a high TPI count i can achieve good enough cuts essentially as well if not better than the crappy bandsaw could. i found that the bandsaw would tend to walk away from the line i tried to follow unless i really baby sat the thing, i think it was putting too much down pressure on the blade. I also just use a bench vice with aluminum jaws, the jaws contact on the top and bottom so you have multiple points of contact per side of the tube vs 2 if you were to just use just the jaws on the vice. like these JEGS 80547: Aluminum Vise Jaws 4" Wide for AN Hose Ends - JEGS High Performance - https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/80547/10002/-1?gclid=CjwKCAiAlrSPBhBaEiwAuLSDUFC-7AiUHMSqhIx9PpYU1AdiDIebLGX_Uo7dOLHfXLDIefQrrAIUIhoCB7wQAvD_BwE then i use a 12" disc sander to get the edges squared up or angled to whatever i need. i have one from harbor freight and it works very very well for this. 12 in. 1-1/4 HP Disc Sander - https://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch-direct-drive-bench-top-disc-sander-43468.html

overall this makes for a pretty time consuming process but as you do it more and more you get the process down and can cut very effectively, it just takes time and practice, lots of cutting and test fitting and adjusting the angle of your cuts on the sander to achieve your fitup.

Last edited:
Um.... that transfer case looks like...................well one of these things is not like the others.

lol, yeah i plan on cleaning it up once i yank all this out before final install.. i'd buy a new one if i could but i also need to draw the line somehwere i guess haha.. i mean at this point i still have not addressed the unlocked diffs, oh well dumpster fire of 100$ bills haha!

Thanks for checking out the build...
No - thank you for sharing this audacious project. - And for these tips.
at one point I had a bandsaw too, albeit a crappy harbor freight one and it eventually broke and i have not replaced it...
Ha - like mine - an Enco, scored from a co-worker for only $50, because he had literally worn it out - building an awesome hydro-pneumatic suspension tube frame rock crawler - from scratch - in his single car garage - he just wanted it gone, deserving at that point - an upgrade to a new bigger model.
Well... 15 years later... still using it almost daily. :hillbilly:
i found that for me cutting the tube with a hacksaw and a high quality blade with a high TPI count i can achieve good enough cuts...
I must say - that you are a patient and skilled craftsman - is quite evident.
Having made my share of that sort of cutting, sooo tedious, and so much elbow grease applied.
...i think it was putting too much down pressure on the blade.
Agreed. I suspect the skinny little 1/2" wide blade in this class of machine is just outmatched. I want one with a 1" wide blade - and really top quality (and tunable) blade guides.
I also just use a bench vice with aluminum jaws...
Ah - I noticed that in one of your photos. I need that.
then i use a 12" disc sander to get the edges squared up.
This inspires me to get mine running. Scored long ago at an industrial auction - sitting around ever since.
Sigh - so many projects.

What intake manifolding is that and where did you purchase it, and where did you get your head? Thanks
He is running a 105 series distributor less cylinder head and intake manifold, never went to the north american market. you can get it from partsouq or other over seas parts distributors

He is running a 105 series distributor less cylinder head and intake manifold, never went to the north american market. you can get it from partsouq or other over seas parts distributors

Close, full 1FZFE coil pack long block.

Cheers

This is a new Toyota engine assembly. Coil pack 1FZ.
New? I thought the coil pack 1FZ was fitted in the 100 series from 1998 (non-V8 markets). From memory, I think there were loads of updates to the engine, not just going distributorless.

New? I thought the coil pack 1FZ was fitted in the 100 series from 1998 (non-V8 markets). From memory, I think there were loads of updates to the engine, not just going distributorless.
I don’t mean a newly released engine. The comment I responded to asked where the head was purchased. I purchased the entire engine assembly from a Toyota parts distributor. The distributor-less 1FZ was market specific to certain 70 and 100 series.

Pull yer balls and clean your holes.. errrrr yeah... hahaha! Figured I'd do as much as I can so I don't have to pay the machine shop. But seriously. If you ever rebuild a block you need to yank all the oil galley balls and clean the passages with a brush there's tons of gunk in there.. didn't do this on a motor a long time ago and it wasn't pretty..
IMG_20220201_100956.jpg

IMG_20220201_090903.jpg

IMG_20220201_124424.jpg

Been a bit but here's a progress report! Finally got my block to the machine shop last week so that's huge... I was checking in with 3 different shops and my #1 choice finally had an opening, all shops were 2-3 months behind... got the trans cross member all modified for the new mount location. brake booster/master cylinder/all brake lines(longer toyota lines) replaced and bled and replaced the rotted out steering shaft seal on the firewall. Replaced the throttle cable. Got the driveshafts re-tubed to the proper lengths, balanced and replaced all u-joints with new toyota units. New oem steering box with the updated 105 parts has been installed as well. Flushed the front and rear heater cores with CLR. Finished the mods to the new oem engine harness, deleted and added the necessary wiring for the haltech and turbo stuff extra sensors etc etc ect...now I am in the process of test fitting and reinstalling the wire harness protection. Modified a 100 and 80 series t case shifter to fit the new location, got the trans shifter interior base plate modded. I am currently making new battery/ground / power wires for the 130 amp alternator. Also started welding up the exhaust. New fuel fuel pump (walbro 485) and new sending unit installed, along with ptfe fuel lines, feed is a -6 and the stock feed is now the return line.
IMG_20220308_133116.jpg

IMG_20220305_173534.jpg

IMG_20220305_161327.jpg

IMG_20220221_135045.jpg

IMG_20220219_161858.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom