YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have these for my 100 series and love them! Just picked up a 2015 LX and looking forward to getting one for the new rig!

HEADS UP: CYBER MONDAY FLASH SALE ON 200 SERIES KITS.

1638167716785.png

is there an option for the blue?
Not as of now. I ran blue for a short while, but it was a tough color to apply properly. After low demand and high failure rates I discontinued that specific color. I am open to running another batch of a new blue color, but would need pre-orders.

HEADS UP: CYBER MONDAY FLASH SALE ON 200 SERIES KITS.
Not as of now. I ran blue for a short while, but it was a tough color to apply properly. After low demand and high failure rates I discontinued that specific color. I am open to running another batch of a new blue color, but would need pre-orders.

Just checked your site and I can’t find your LX570 model. Did you ever release it?

Same question for the LX. It doesn't look like the

YMD2 - 4 Button is the same?

2022... is it the year for the '19 cruiser?

I sure hope so.

Still nothing for 08-15 LX?

This is a bit of good news bad news situation. The bad news is that my progress on these new designs has been... well glacially slow. The good news is that it's because a different set of products for the same vehicles has been successful and required all of my time and then some. I wrote a little snippet about it here: I Don't See My Key/Remote On Your Site. When Is YotaMD Releasing New Designs?! - https://www.yotamd.com/blogs/news/i-dont-see-my-key-remote-on-your-site-when-is-yotamd-releasing-new-designs

I hope to get over the "leave my day job" hump mid 2021, but until then I have to stay on target for the bigger growth potential which is ADGU at the moment.

A little insight into the business: Recent releases have been unpredictable in their return and therefore hard to prioritize future ones. On a couple designs my net profit was around $1/hour, other times it's closer to 100 times that. Hard to invest a hundred or so hours when you're unsure if it's going to be that $1/hour payout, haha.

Sorry to not have more exciting news, but hopefully you can understand the predicament.

Glad to hear that business is good, that’s awesome. So does that mean that you aren’t in any hurry to pursue development of the late model fobs because the return is too low with not many of us owning/modifying them in comparison to older models? I would just like to know if I should forget about a 2018+ fob for the next 2-3 years or ever?

Glad to hear that business is good, that’s awesome. So does that mean that you aren’t in any hurry to pursue development of the late model fobs because the return is too low with not many of us owning/modifying them in comparison to older models? I would just like to know if I should forget about a 2018+ fob for the next 2-3 years or ever?
I think the answer to your question is "yes". It's deprioritized because the likely return on investment is low for the non-integrated key designs. The cars are too new and too few owners are forced to buy something to replace a broken key. The 2018+ design would be a hobby more than a business effort. My hobby time has been negative for... about as long as our 2nd kid is old, haha.

The LX design is still a very strong "maybe/likely", but the 2018+ LC design is a ways down the priority list. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think the answer to your question is "yes". It's deprioritized because the likely return on investment is low for the non-integrated key designs. The cars are too new and too few owners are forced to buy something to replace a broken key. The 2018+ design would be a hobby more than a business effort. My hobby time has been negative for... about as long as our 2nd kid is old, haha.

The LX design is still a very strong "maybe/likely", but the 2018+ LC design is a ways down the priority list. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Are the majority of your sales of these historically to fix a broken key fob? Just casually observing this thread, there seem to be a bunch of us with 2018+ LC's interested in buying, but a dozen(ish) people posting in a thread obviously isn't enough to invest tons of hours into developing something. In my case, I would buy at least 1 for my 2020 LC just to have something more compact than the factory fob. But it definitely makes sense to focus on things that actually make you money.

Are the majority of your sales of these historically to fix a broken key fob? Just casually observing this thread, there seem to be a bunch of us with 2018+ LC's interested in buying, but a dozen(ish) people posting in a thread obviously isn't enough to invest tons of hours into developing something. In my case, I would buy at least 1 for my 2020 LC just to have something more compact than the factory fob. But it definitely makes sense to focus on things that actually make you money.

Agreed, I was really looking forward to this for the same reason, I’d probably even buy two. Guess I’ll be looking into a third factory fob now.

This is a bit of good news bad news situation. The bad news is that my progress on these new designs has been... well glacially slow. The good news is that it's because a different set of products for the same vehicles has been successful and required all of my time and then some. I wrote a little snippet about it here: I Don't See My Key/Remote On Your Site. When Is YotaMD Releasing New Designs?! - https://www.yotamd.com/blogs/news/i-dont-see-my-key-remote-on-your-site-when-is-yotamd-releasing-new-designs

I hope to get over the "leave my day job" hump mid 2021, but until then I have to stay on target for the bigger growth potential which is ADGU at the moment.

A little insight into the business: Recent releases have been unpredictable in their return and therefore hard to prioritize future ones. On a couple designs my net profit was around $1/hour, other times it's closer to 100 times that. Hard to invest a hundred or so hours when you're unsure if it's going to be that $1/hour payout, haha.

Sorry to not have more exciting news, but hopefully you can understand the predicament.
Totally. Any way we can contribute?

sad day.

Agreed, I was really looking forward to this for the same reason, I’d probably even buy two. Guess I’ll be looking into a third factory fob now.
I got lucky and ended up with a 3rd factory fob when I bought my LC. The dealer couldn't find the 2nd fob when I took delivery, so they bought one for me. About a month after I took delivery, the salesperson called to let me know they found the missing fob and I could come get it. They obviously didn't need to give me the 3rd fob, but little things like that are good ways to generate future business.

Yes, or prevent a broken factory key (extremely common for the 100 series and the handful of Lexus models that used that same style key).

Totally. Any way we can contribute?

sad day.

For reference, I sold 173 key kits aside from the YMD1 last year. That covers the 200, 80, 4Runner, and others. Those 173 kits represent <5% of last year's revenue.

Getting presales or pre-commitments is great, but unfortunately we wouldn't need dozens. We'd need hundreds.

Some other numbers that make it unlikely for the 2018 kit to have demand: They sold around 20,000,000 vehicles which use the YMD1 style key in the US. They sold around 13,500 2018+ Land Cruisers. That means the market for that YMD1 is about 1,500 times larger than the 2018 LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom