Builds Frog's 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry if I missed it, but what gauge cluster did you use? I thought it was Dokata Digital, but looks a little different than other pics I've seen...Awesome build by the way, Im gathering parts (i have a 5.3 Vortec and 4L60E and hope to be going in this direction soon!

looks like a Dakoda RTX cluster.

Sorry if I missed it, but what gauge cluster did you use? I thought it was Dokata Digital, but looks a little different than other pics I've seen...Awesome build by the way, Im gathering parts (i have a 5.3 Vortec and 4L60E and hope to be going in this direction soon!
I used the hdx, and I used the GPS module for speedometer. Thanks for the compliment. U will be very happy with the 5.3, perfect engine for a 40

I used the hdx, and I used the GPS module for speedometer. Thanks for the compliment. U will be very happy with the 5.3, perfect engine for a 40
thank you, my next question was going to be how did you run the speedometer! 😂...yeah I can't wait to get my build going, hopefully real soon, I'm sure I will have more questions for you as I get going on it...thanks again,and keep up the good work!

Really Nice Build!

Lots of things in similar with the one I'm working on in terms of suspension and what not.
Couple questions, when you flexed it out for shocks what was your limit when lifting a tire for one of the others to come up off the ground, any need for limiting straps?
How are the sliders on the road? Other people have mentioned they ride really nice and are very stable feeling.

Really Nice Build!

Lots of things in similar with the one I'm working on in terms of suspension and what not.
Couple questions, when you flexed it out for shocks what was your limit when lifting a tire for one of the others to come up off the ground, any need for limiting straps?
How are the sliders on the road? Other people have mentioned they ride really nice and are very stable feeling.
I did not use limit straps, my shock is the limit. For up travel I have bump stops. The sliders are awesome, very predictable on the rode and very linear on the travel during off road

Now that you’ve had some time to run everything through it’s paces, what are your thoughts on on the suspension? Regrets? Changes?
No regrets, I really like it. Only changes I would make would be to lengthen the antiwrap bar. The shackle slider are awesome, and the Tahoe leaf springs give plenty of flex, yet are still firm going around corners

Absolutely love this build! Like others have said its a perfect stance for a SOA cruiser. I may have missed it but the Tahoe springs, did you go with any certain brand or just grab some off a pick and pull rig?

Absolutely love this build! Like others have said its a perfect stance for a SOA cruiser. I may have missed it but the Tahoe springs, did you go with any certain brand or just grab some off a pick and pull rig?
Pick and pull, think I paid $15 a spring. Thanks for the nice words

A10, where did you get that yoke/flange fo rthe front driveline at the diff ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom