NOW WITH A 0-70 Launch! Well i did a thing.. my 97 lx build. distributorless/turbo/h151f (2 Viewers)

how many waygu beef powers and torques did project waygu beef make?

• 100awhp!

• 200awhp!!

• 300awhp!!!

• 400awhp!!!!

• 500awhp!!!!!

• 600awhp!!!!!!?

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Small update, finally got my parts from north park toyota I was waiting on, rear window moldings sunroof gaskets, door gaskets, valve spring keepers, freeze plugs, orifice and dowels for the head, new nut and washer for the steering box rebuild/105 upgrade. and what took the longest to source, the main bearing cap bolts. Also shown is the -4 braided ss line for the clutch slave cylinder and 24 valve lifters, which were also a pain in the ass to source. I also got the bracket made for the catch can and power steering tank, just waiting for the -10 hose to make the lines and bungs will be welded to the valve cover when I have my welding buddy burn everything together. I think the next thing I will tackle is the clutch and brake pedal and coolant overflow tank install.
20211014_114247.jpg

20211014_114318.jpg

20211014_113158.jpg

Small update, finally got my parts from north park toyota I was waiting on, rear window moldings sunroof gaskets, door gaskets, valve spring keepers, freeze plugs, orifice and dowels for the head, new nut and washer for the steering box rebuild/105 upgrade. and what took the longest to source, the main bearing cap bolts. Also shown is the -4 braided ss line for the clutch slave cylinder and 24 valve lifters, which were also a pain in the ass to source. I also got the bracket made for the catch can and power steering tank, just waiting for the -10 hose to make the lines and bungs will be welded to the valve cover when I have my welding buddy burn everything together. I think the next thing I will tackle is the clutch and brake pedal and coolant overflow tank install.
View attachment 2812396
View attachment 2812397
View attachment 2812398
Do you have the part number for the sunroof gasket handy?

Yeah, I know the glass one is unobtainable but there is this one which couldn't hurt. I did all my rubber when I bought the truck and 10 years later...most of it is in need of some love so I'm replacing bits here and there. The desert heat is not kind.

Last edited:
Been awhile, figured I might as well throw up an update. No pics yet but I'm 85% done mocking up/tacking together my 3" over the frame 304 ss exhaust, pretty happy with my work so far on that. Got this sweet chunk of aluminum in the mail today. i just couldn't find a suitable spot for the stand alone ecu (proefi 128) that made me happy. The ecu is pretty large and there was no way it would fit where the stock ecu sits and i could have mounted it in the engine bay as it is rated for that but even there i just couldn't find a spot i was happy with... soooo I just went ahead and got a haltech 2000 elite and the adapter harness and wideband controller. Kind of disappointed that at the haltech price point it didn't have internal wideband o2 support like proefi.. but anyways.. I also picked up a photoman alternator bracket kit (very nicely made and lots of great documentation that came with it) I had a 130a denso reman alternator arrive at my doorstep however some jackass took it upon themselves to play rugby with it and the back housing and some internals were cracked... should have its replacement this friday.. got the stupid egr port on the spare intake I'm modifying and using cut off so the intake is ready to get a little more refinement then some sand blasting and welding. Yanked the old engine harness and found multiple fried wires, amazed this thing didn't leave me stranded several times... good thing I have a brand new toyota harness to replace it.. Anywho project is moving along what's not is freaking cometic... I don't understand how I can order a somewhat obscure ecu and harness and a torque plate both from other countries and have them show up to my door in less than a week.. but a stupid headgasket and rod bearings take over 3 months to get made.... here ... in the us and a.. lol... oh yeah I also got the ol C virus... lasted 2 days had to take 10 days off work which ended up in my favor as I got paid to work on my truck 🤣 for basically that entire time. Next is full weld up time for all the hardware then yank the motor and send it off to get machined...Ok pics...

20211117_114131.jpg

IMG_20211113_150050_993.jpg

20211027_144723.jpg

20211103_120233.jpg

20211024_113502-jpg.2841604

20211024_113502.jpg

Last edited:
*Edited the information on the radiator*
Hooray only 4 days late on this griffin aluminum radiator and whoever handled the packages didn't play rugby with any of the boxes which means I have my replacement denso usa reman 130 amp alternator too... I'm also halfway through verifying the pinning of new harness and jumper harness for the haltech, there are several discrepancies so I will have to do some re-pinning as well as making a harness for the 6 individual coils i've also noted wire color discrepancies in the LX450 wiring diagram vs 1996 LC and the brand new toyota harness i have . Notes on the radiator... it is a griffin "performance fit" (this is the only radiator they make for this platform, they do not make a drop in stock replacement radiator) and while it has provisions that mimic the stock mounting components it does say on their site that slight modifications to the mounting and other parts may be required. It is larger than stock and the lower mounting ears are just barely wider so I have to do a little bit of trimming here and there. there is also no provision for a trans cooler and you must run an external if you have an automatic. Most people would not accept having to modify a 1k part... same with the haltech... most would be appalled that a 2k product doesn't just work... well in the heavily modified scene it's just kind of the norm. 🤷‍♂️

Pics!

20211120_124400.jpg

Little kid hand model
20211120_124934.jpg

20211120_125107.jpg

20211120_132306.jpg

20211120_130940.jpg

Last edited:
Hooray only 4 days late on this griffin aluminum radiator and whoever handled the packages didn't play rugby with any of the boxes which means I have my replacement denso usa reman 130 amp alternator too... I'm also halfway through verifying the pinning of new harness and jumper harness for the haltech, there are several discrepancies so I will have to do some re-pinning as well as making a harness for the 6 individual coils i've also noted wire color discrepancies in the LX450 wiring diagram vs 1996 LC and the brand new toyota harness i have . Notes on the radiator... it is advertised as a drop in....however it is not 100% drop in, it is larger than stock and the lower mounting ears are just barely wider so I have to do a little bit of trimming here and there. there is also no provision for a trans cooler and you must run an external if you have an automatic. Most people would not accept having to modify a 1k part... same with the haltech... most would be appalled that a 2k product doesn't just work... well in the heavily modified scene it's just kind of the norm. 🤷‍♂️

Pics!

View attachment 2843924
Little kid hand model
View attachment 2843925
View attachment 2843934
View attachment 2843935
View attachment 2843939
Keep a good eye on that griffin radiator, I had terrible luck with them, i went through 3 that kept leaking before i finally switched to a Champion, but that was for my 60, going to use a Ron Davis on my 80....... build looks great, keep after it!!!!

Keep a good eye on that griffin radiator, I had terrible luck with them, i went through 3 that kept leaking before i finally switched to a Champion, but that was for my 60, going to use a Ron Davis on my 80....... build looks great, keep after it!!!!
Good to know, thanks for the info! Do you remember where about they were leaking? crappy welds? these ones look decent

Good to know, thanks for the info! Do you remember where about they were leaking? crappy welds? these ones look decent
along the top and the bottom where the fins run into the tank.... same spot on all 3..... the radiator shop i took it to for service said the aluminum was not of the same quality as the griffins of years past

Got a bunch of updates but I'm just swamped with other stuff so I'll have to do a large update later on, but here's a little teaser. Got the exhaust mocked up and ready, 3" turbo back, 304 ss, over frame all v band, utilized 2 of the 3 stock mounting locations and replaced both of the mounts with new oem. Also added 2 extra hangers as this thing fits so tight where it passes over the frame in the front and rear that I wanted to make sure its supporter enough it doesn't bang around. It's in 5 vbanded sections so you can actually remove it, otherwise you're either chopping it off or removing the body, haha. I haven't totaled up the cost of materials but something tells me i shouldn't HAHA!!!
IMG_20211214_133749.jpg

Been kind of slow lately with the updates, just finishing up lots of little tedious jobs with fittings and such, I believe next week I will be dropping the block off at the machine shop for the block refresh. Got a new oem steering box in the mail yesterday, I have all the parts to upgrade my existing box with the 105 items but I might just sell that stuff except for the pitman arm. My #1 helped me yank the drivetrain then I proceeded to degrease and pressure wash the entire engine bay and under side in preparation for the installation of the whole drivetrain. I still need to modify the trans cross member to accommodate for the shorter manual transmission, I just got materials for this.
IMG_20220103_153100.jpg

IMG_20220103_161221.jpg

IMG_20220116_150312.jpg

IMG_20220116_150436.jpg

IMG_20220116_150342.jpg

My wallet is crying but my heart is dancing....kind of confusing 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom