What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (54 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I made wall art with some of the extra stuff I have laying around.

Scrubbed with CLR and brown scotch pads. Treated rust with corroseal. Then light coat of fluid film. Just waiting on the 120v to 12v converter to come in and lights will work.

E2C6189F-2D0B-43A6-B2A0-01992FC7A6D3.jpeg

B467E21B-DE2C-417A-9020-7794B8D86573.jpeg

D0A4D735-89E0-4B67-A4D1-91F0A0CA3279.jpeg

F0EBCF35-A577-4283-BCD3-E4102C0584E9.jpeg

BA79BDC0-2CCE-44BE-986A-4867D352816E.jpeg
214F7786-B206-418A-BA74-9684296F38F5.jpeg

Well, not too much by the way of photos, but spent a chilly Michigan winter day playing with phosphoric acid cleaning and prepping the tub for sealer.. feels so good to see it this nice! Long time coming, for sure!

i did a bit of In-House Hand Made Teq KARMA / Paying Forward this past Teq Weekend here a the SKUNK-WORKS LAB ............. :D:beer:

i hope its PERIOD Correct enough 🤔

@Dizzy

I made wall art with some of the extra stuff I have laying around.

Scrubbed with CLR and brown scotch pads. Treated rust with corroseal. Then light coat of fluid film. Just waiting on the 120v to 12v converter to come in and lights will work.

View attachment 2897132

View attachment 2897133

View attachment 2897134

View attachment 2897135
Sounds like you already have this sorted out, but the power supply out of a old computer tower is perfect for powering the headlights on these. Best part is they are usually free and you have a few different options for DC voltage to get the perfect glow.

Sounds like you already have this sorted out, but the power supply out of a old computer tower is perfect for powering the headlights on these. Best part is they are usually free and you have a few different options for DC voltage to get the perfect glow.
For others considering this: wire the headlights in series and use a household thermostat transformer. They are 24 VAC and the lights don't care. ;)

Depending on the bulbs you have, those 24VAC control power transformers are usually only rated for 40 VA, or 40 W for your resistive incandescent bulbs. This could overload/overheat the transformer. Even worse, LEDs have a power factor so VA is higher than W for those. Rule of thumb is to only load the transformer to 80% of VA rating.

Depending on the bulbs you have, those 24VAC control power transformers are usually only rated for 40 VA, or 40 W for your resistive incandescent bulbs. This could overload/overheat the transformer. Even worse, LEDs have a power factor so VA is higher than W for those. Rule of thumb is to only load the transformer to 80% of VA rating.
This is absolutely correct. I should have added that since most often a 'wall art' with headlamps will be dimmed down
considerably from full beam brightness, a suitable resistor should naturally be inserted in series with the headlamps.

Also useable are the similar doorbell transformers that can be found at a higher rating.

Started it for the first time since I put it in the ditch in early December, had to plug in the trickle charger yesterday due to the battery being dead. Pulled it out of the garage and let it get some fresh air. Maybe tomorrow I'll drive it around for a bit.
I did the same.
Just making sure it still starts and runs so I can start taking it out in nicer weather.

I did the same.
Just making sure it still starts and runs so I can start taking it out in nicer weather.
I think I'm going to drive down to the ski hill on Thursday in the Cruiser, it's always fun to take it down there, I'm usually there early enough in the morning that I get front row!

16DF0879-E13B-4C64-A4CE-D1FEE19B5630.jpeg

👍👍👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom