What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (102 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is almost like the middle one is closer to the curb where the others are farther away.

You fab your own bumpers?
The phone camera wide angle shot stretches the outside angles. Just welding up some NWTI DIY front and rear bumpers.

Nice, but why is the TEQ badge installed upside-down?...
Guess I was so concerned about placement that I failed to see that.🤣
DCA13575-7D0A-433A-A1AF-60C89368CE3A.jpeg

Fixed.😄

Last edited:
I also did some funkyness to get carplay. All the double dins on the market right now are pretty junky IF you can even manage to find one in stock... so, this was cheap and worth a try:
View attachment 2895065
View attachment 2895066
(Who's 80 do I have as my background!?)
Is that an Android tablet? That's basically what I do with mine to get Android Auto but if I were you I would take advantage of the @witsend useless cubby and have that mounted up higher so it's more in your sight line. That's what I really love about the new designs of car interiors is that the radio/screens are a lot higher and it keeps your eyes a lot less diverted from the road.

Decided to jump into the deep end this weekend after a couple weeks deciding which direction to go once I found a stuck intake valve was causing my misfire. LS swap? Rework head/valves on my current 1FZ-FE and roll with it?

I found an ad on Facebook Marketplace with a 1FZ-FE for sale and it quickly snowballed into this... The guy was awesome and extremely helpful!

20220116_144708_resized.jpg
20220116_180502_resized.jpg
IMG_20220116_174404_resized.png
IMG_20220116_174407_resized.png

I'm planning on pulling the head, freshening up valves/gaskets/etc and replacing the head gasket with a Cometic MLS with ARP studs. I'm STOKED but will be brushing up on the many turbo threads out there to make sure I have everything I need. I'm not looking to make a ton of boost and will be trying to keep this as simple as possible (I'm well aware that is easier said than done).

:bounce::clap::cool:

Got my winch solenoid wired and messed with some other small stuff that’s been on my list

1B390280-AD5D-41CE-8A87-62FAAA95E03B.jpeg

BC7DD623-9E37-4EC0-9ED2-49686CAC0388.jpeg

New unijoints on the front prop shaft. Will do the rear maybe the coming w/end. I use a Lisle 42890 tool to disassemble the old uj (so easy to do, it's fun) and big old vise to press the new caps in on the new (also smooth and easy). Purchased the uj from cruiser outfitters.

1/2 way through the job:

fprop.jpg

And no, the majority of the tools in the pic were NOT needed :)

The old uj were in damn good condition - with only 180k miles on them. Figured it was a job to do and be good to go for my lifetime at least. Quite a giggle comparing the front uj (that are quite a bit smaller than the rear) to the rear on the jeep xj that I had apart when replacing the clutch/pressure plate. The Jeep's look like they belong on a bicycle and are held in place with tiny little bent metal u brackets with the most ridiculously small screws.

cheers,
george.

Mak
hmmmmm, when I look up the Toyota caliper prices they were 150 from the dealership, and Napa were 55 (plus 83 core fee)

Is that 150 from the dealership including a core fee?
Be sure you have the updated reman part numbers. When I get out of the dentist chair here I can update this with them. They are around $70 + core, so $150 sounds about right. The core is as much as the caliper. I ordered remans, and one looks like a brand new caliper but did have a reman tag. The other was a full caliper with bracket and no reman tag, so I assume a new caliper. Either way, they are keeping the brake fluid inside, which is more than I can say for the NAPA Eclipse.

Jason

PXL_20220117_195443309.jpg
PXL_20220117_195430409.jpg

Last edited:
Its that time of year. Ice fishing!!!
20220117_135144.jpg

20220117_131045.jpg

20220117_105407.jpg

It’s looking a bit sad right now, but new diff gears and t case gears are going in.
0C5F6863-3AC0-4BCC-8086-7DD588973841.jpeg

Drove through a snowstorm...
20220116_145317.jpg

20220116_192054.jpg

Cruiser did great. Roads were not scraped yet because of the volume of snow and ice coming down. Was able to maintain about 40 mph on secondary roads and about 55-60 on packed snow on the Interstate. Wasn't shooting for speed, I only mention it because those were the speeds that I could drive in a controlled manner. I credit the excellent 4wd system for that. The only time I broke traction was running over a snow drift to make a turn. So that was my fault, not the truck. Also, the Yokohama G003's did awesome in all conditions. I cannot compare them directly to an AT tire because I haven't had AT's on the 80 - but I was expecting them to suck as a MT in snow and they definitely performed admirably. Wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom