Official LX570s Picture Thread (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Visited Death Valley and did some camping.

Went to go see the sliding rocks at Racetrack Playa.
CAC27D9A-2780-447D-83F5-AEC807176989.jpeg

Also visited the Rhyolite Ghost Town.
CB94A6D9-307F-4BBA-A469-BA10C93E4FD6.jpeg

Lastly, set up camp off Titus Canyon Rd. on BLM land in Nevada.
A0F12B00-07DD-4D86-A78A-E3334F538C5D.jpeg

Hello everyone, newbie here- used to own a 2003 LX back in the day and have always regretted selling it. So when I found this 2019 LX Inspiration model with only 14,000 miles I couldn’t resist! Can’t wait to mod this beast- just put on the roof rack and look forward to taking the 21’s off…thinking the Icon Vectors in bronze with 285/70/17’s Toyos or falken’s. What do you guys think?

E6A43695-2E58-41B7-9495-386E68B1FC2E.jpeg

Very nice!

Were you able to make good speed on the road (to racetrack)? Aired down or not? Were there a lot of people out there?
Thanks! Was able to go around 30 mph comfortably. Aired down to about 22-23 psi. Not too many people Friday through Sunday, but noticed a good amount of people on Monday while driving Titus Canyon Rd. back into California.

Just cut the corners and blacked out the lower middle. Nothing fancy, just a little better approach angle directly in front of the tires and a rattle can paint job that looks ok from 10’ away 😬 Hopefully just a temporary solution until I have a bumper fabricated.
27D6624A-C3A6-413C-A4EB-CF841A99B8C6.jpeg

Just cut the corners and blacked out the lower middle. Nothing fancy, just a little better approach angle directly in front of the tires and a rattle can paint job that looks ok from 10’ away 😬 Hopefully just a temporary solution until I have a bumper fabricated.
View attachment 2898366

+1 for trimming.

Is this lower painting to be called the @TeCKis300 chin mod?

Edit: that LX shouldve shipped that way, looks perfect and OEM. Nice on those years to actually have a bumper to work with.

Last edited:
View attachment 2898366

She's beastly as ever. I've always wondered in my mind what cutting the bumper along those lines would look like. Like the popular viper cut on the T4Rs. Wonder no more.

Peeling back the curtains, can really visualize what's behind that area, and the crash bar comes to mind. I've thought to maybe angle the cut upwards a tad so not strictly following that line. And maybe a tube bumper under that edge? Funny as I chucked the crash bar center keeping sides and adding winch, and you have the opposite. I think this also tells me that if I wanted to cut the corners up, that really a tube or aftermarket steel bumper would be needed to keep some small offset crash protection/performance.

@AnyMal - I'm not usually one for pioneering aesthetics, sounds good to me. And will this cut go forward as the MTKID cut?

She's beastly as ever. I've always wondered in my mind what cutting the bumper along those lines would look like. Like the popular viper cut on the T4Rs. Wonder no more.

Peeling back the curtains, can really visualize what's behind that area, and the crash bar comes to mind. I've thought to maybe angle the cut upwards a tad so not strictly following that line. And maybe a tube bumper under that edge? Funny as I chucked the crash bar center keeping sides and adding winch, and you have the opposite. I think this also tells me that if I wanted to cut the corners up, that really a tube or aftermarket steel bumper would be needed to keep some small offset crash protection/performance.

@AnyMal - I'm not usually one for pioneering aesthetics, sounds good to me. And will this cut go forward as the MTKID cut?

Its a great cut line @MTKID only thing i would take in is a bit more rounding angle into the wheel arch.

Its interesting considering the crash bar. Im not at all informed on this but i assume that the load bearing crumpling is centered on the frame apex up front. @TeCKis300 what does this mean to you? On one hand, you lose the corner on the other you compromise the structural apex of the front “arch”. Perhaps there is a better mounting location for a corner deflector bar somewhere around that wheel well maybe closer to suspension mounts?

I saw that you recognized the overlap protection when you were building your winch mount 👌🏼. I understand what I’m removing, and am ok with it, although anyone else should understand what the consequences are of doing this. I feel like most steel and aluminum bumpers put their corner protection up quite high and eliminate these corner overlap protection beams. I will likely do the same when I do a bumper too. Therefore, if a normal height car was to overlap the front of my LX in a crash, even a large metal bumper won’t catch them. Not ideal, but I understand the pros and cons for better approach angle.

Its a great cut line @MTKID only thing i would take in is a bit more rounding angle into the wheel arch.

Its interesting considering the crash bar. Im not at all informed on this but i assume that the load bearing crumpling is centered on the frame apex up front. @TeCKis300 what does this mean to you? On one hand, you lose the corner on the other you compromise the structural apex of the front “arch”. Perhaps there is a better mounting location for a corner deflector bar somewhere around that wheel well maybe closer to suspension mounts?

Yes, I’m going to try to match a radius on each side where it transitions to the wheel arch 🤓 Neither side were matched previously, and I didn’t like the “viper” cut I had on the driver’s side, so I didn’t cut the passenger side the same. But I can do a little better at that spot 😉

919C86EA-AA01-4271-A579-198D4B6DA703.jpeg

Yes, I’m going to try to match a radius on each side where it transitions to the wheel arch 🤓 Neither side were matched previously, and I didn’t like the “viper” cut I had on the driver’s side, so I didn’t cut the passenger side the same. But I can do a little better at that spot 😉

View attachment 2898970

👍, will greatly reduce a fracture pressure point too. You sir also need to just black out that grill while youre messing around.
Commit!

Last edited:

View attachment 2898970

Is there more info on this lx somewhere? You post little snippets here and there. I’d like to see more!

View attachment 2898970
For the cuts you've made and other viper cuts, what are you doing with the wheel well liner? Just cutting it off or reattaching somehow? If you cut it out, does this leave the back of the fogs (and whatever is above them) exposed? Thanks.

my dirt protection layer is also a trim masking agent.

No, let me 2022 that for you. Its "Dirt Layer *Technology™️"
Better IPO quick

No, let me 2022 that for you. Its "Dirt Layer *Technology™️"
Better IPO quick
I already trademarked it last week. "Organic Protection Film™️". I needed to capture the green market as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom