Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

'96 KZJ78 with 166K km - finally arrived in Long Beach harbor last week after sitting on the docks in Kobe for 4-5 months due to shipping delays. I had it trucked here and received it today. Now starts the process of evaluating what needs attention and prioritizing work. The biggest known issues are an inoperable AC (knew that before purchase - thought it might just be low on freon, but also possible it's a bad switch), and like many Japanese LCs it lacked a spare.

View attachment 2862541
Looks Beautiful. It'll be worth the Work. Body looks great.
All the Best.

Yes. I don't have any issues with it. Heard some negative things, but so far.. All good.
What should I be Looking for?
The Oil pressure never breaks 1/2 way Up The Guage.. is that an issue or normal. ??
I have The KZ 1te ... That's normal for the Oil... Mine is always around 1/3 up... But when Tested.... It works perfect. Never had any Issues with this engine. I change the Oil every 3500 Miles.. flush... & Replace All Filters. Flush the Radiator Spring & Fall with Proper seasonal Fluid and replace the Thermostat . She's a good Engine if you take Care of her.

I had this in Africa as my daily but finally brought it back when we moved back to Boise, Idaho. If anyone else is here I would love to meet.

92 HZJ75

Will be taking the body off to get everything sorted, suspension, pop top, solar and fridge. Its mostly straight, frame is great, rear bottom quarter had a hit and bad repair at some point, and the fender flares have collected some rust but otherwise its relatively clean.

IMG_2135.jpg

I had this in Africa as my daily but finally brought it back when we moved back to Boise, Idaho. If anyone else is here I would love to meet.

92 HZJ75

Will be taking the body off to get everything sorted, suspension, pop top, solar and fridge. Its mostly straight, frame is great, rear bottom quarter had a hit and bad repair at some point, and the fender flares have collected some rust but otherwise its relatively clean.

View attachment 2864308
Very cool! I believe @Owyhee Jackass is in Boise and has a Troopy, and @SNLC has an awesome LC shop there as well.

92 HZJ75

View attachment 2864308
Si. I'm here, with Troopy and we're meeting up at SNLC's shop in Garden City tomorrow(12/14), 1730-ish until whenever. I'm bringing a grill and some tube-steaks. Get in touch with Adam aka theside00 to get added to the local googlegroup.

Merry Christmas!
New to the 70 series land cruiser. I got it last week. Had an 1991 fj80 before.

The cruiser and I reside in Ocracoke NC

Its a kzj78
automatic unfortunately (wish it was a 5speed)
234k on it
It has a ome 2 inch lift
33x12.50 15

Has a few things I am fixing including putting manual hubs on it (the e hubs were unfortunately acting up and they got me stuck the first time I took it on the beach.

I plan on maybe changing tires and rims out for something a little more simple/utilitarian looking. and probably go with 33x10.50s
I probably will re rout the muffler to dump out the back as well.

Using it as a daily driver/ vehicle to drive on the beach to check the surf
66152614781__2D4967B3-662C-48F3-8B7F-EE5CEFD1679C.JPG

Last edited:
@svsisu and u should meet up sometime, next surf trip to the OBX my buddies and I do I'll shoot you a PM, and of course we should all meet up at windrock in late September for the 70 series meet and greet (now @Gun Runner 5 won't have to say it)

Hello all! Picked up this 94 KZJ77 Spain import in Oregon a few months back. Very short stint in CA (where it is practically impossible to register), and now residing in Austin TX.

Made the drive from southern Washington to San Jose, and then from San Jose to Austin without any issues. 2 days after getting to Austin, blew a head gasket (what they say about the KZ engine came true a little earlier than I would have liked). Cracked head as well. Was lucky to find an awesome shop in Austin that got me back on the road in no time, so hoping I’m good to go for quite a while now!

View attachment 2828954View attachment 2828960View attachment 2828961View attachment 2828964
That is gorgeous. May I ask what importer you worked with or was it already stateside?

That is gorgeous. May I ask what importer you worked with or was it already stateside?

Thank you! I love her a bit more with every drive! Having a 70 series and a 40 series is about as fun as it gets!

She was already imported by the PO in Oregon, and I believe he did pretty much most of the work himself. Very grateful that he did!

Thank you! I love her a bit more with every drive! Having a 70 series and a 40 series is about as fun as it gets!

She was already imported by the PO in Oregon, and I believe he did pretty much most of the work himself. Very grateful that he did!
Thank you. I have an HZJ73 that is my wheelin' joy but I'd love to build out a KZJ77 for longer trips. Don't know how serious I am but we will know by EOY.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom