What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven't driven more than a hundred miles with new Delta VS radius arms on Ochenta, my 1990 HDJ81, but they feel pretty good so far. Next step...head to an alignment shop to get updated caster readings. After adding Dobinsons springs and a bit more lift, steering was light so some additional caster correction was in order.

The goods
deltaarms.jpeg

Not sure if I am new to the club but has anyone noticed the "3", is that something @Delta VS is doing for each set of arms depending on lift?

Not sure if I am new to the club but has anyone noticed the "3", is that something @Delta VS is doing for each set of arms depending on lift?
Ya, since there are many different versions, and we make them in huge batches, we need a way to keep track of what is what. Labeling them is the easiest way. 2” badge won’t fit 3” arms, etc., and may as well make it look decent since it needs to be on there.

Ya, since there are many different versions, and we make them in huge batches, we need a way to keep track of what is what. Labeling them is the easiest way. 2” badge won’t fit 3” arms, etc., and may as well make it look decent since it needs to be on there.

Nice, love the attention to detail as well. Can wait till I have the coin to get some, gofundme???? LOL!!!

Got my new headlights from Freedom Retrofits! Specs are glass lens DEPO housings (painted black). X3 Bi-LED projector for the primary headlight. Apollo 2.0 shrouds with Switchback halo. Multispot LED Spot high beams. Switchback halos are tied into running lights and blinkers, white backlighting with running lights and switch to amber blinkers with the turn signals. Really stoked about these! They've been on my list for a long time but good quality retrofits aren't exactly cheap so it took me a bit to put a little mod money aside for these. I haven't aimed them yet so the cutoff line will even out once I get them aimed properly.
Output is way better than the factory lights and also better than the LED bulbs I had been running in the stock housings for the past few years.
Headlights by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Still haven't aimed the lights properly in this photo. This was immediately after the install. Good cutoff, just need to be aimed.

This is the primary projector headlight output.

With high beam spots ON.

Halo backlight blinks amber with the turn signal.

Got my new headlights from Freedom Retrofits! Specs are glass lens DEPO housings (painted black). X3 Bi-LED projector for the primary headlight. Apollo 2.0 shrouds with Switchback halo. Multispot LED Spot high beams. Switchback halos are tied into running lights and blinkers, white backlighting with running lights and switch to amber blinkers with the turn signals. Really stoked about these! They've been on my list for a long time but good quality retrofits aren't exactly cheap so it took me a bit to put a little mod money aside for these. I haven't aimed them yet so the cutoff line will even out once I get them aimed properly.
Output is way better than the factory lights and also better than the LED bulbs I had been running in the stock housings for the past few years.

Still haven't aimed the lights properly in this photo. This was immediately after the install. Good cutoff, just need to be aimed.

With high beam spots ON.

nice! looks like they put out some decent light!

With high beam spots ON.

Do they do custom stuff? My rigs JDM so the bulbs are dual filament and the inner is a fog. I'd like to retain that. But my headlights are awful.

that is a sharp looking rig and wheels and tire combo !

Thank you. The Method 701’s don’t fit straight out of the box. Had the center cap retaining lip machined out of the hub. Glad I went for it. I did not want a “bead look” wheel again. Got the clean look I wanted. Now I need to clean up and paint the hubs.

I’ve been thinking of getting a set of the Raceline Monsters for my 3FE rig. Your truck looks awesome and your photos have me thinking of going that way.

Truck developed a "clunk" in the suspension somewhere after an offroad trip two months ago. I rarely drive it, and I just lived with really hating the sound every time i do while researching all manner of suspension parts that could be purchased to fix it.

Finally just crawled under there and found my sway bar link nut was loose. Laziness and procrastination causing anxiety for the win. :doh:
I had the same lazy procrastination and had the same symptom of a “clunk” in the rear end while doing light wheeling. Come to find out my factory spare tire mount was slightly loose. Lol! Cranked it tight and my annoying problem went away! Love no brainer fixes like that.

Oh, and here’s an unrelated pic in order to make my post better.

BE2DDC35-6DF3-4D39-B5CD-8CC13558F798.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom