Sourcing window regulators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody. My driver side window is rolling up crooked. I dug into me driver side door and discovered the upper guide arm wheel is fully hashed out. I am going to replace the entire regulator and am looking for your suggestions for a source to buy the regulators. There area bunch of aftermarket but if I dont buy factory, your recommendations would be super.

Thanks

Hey everybody. My driver side window is rolling up crooked. I dug into me driver side door and discovered the upper guide arm wheel is fully hashed out. I am going to replace the entire regulator and am looking for your suggestions for a source to buy the regulators. There area bunch of aftermarket but if I dont buy factory, your recommendations would be super.

Thanks
I ordered the ACI brand regulator/motor assembly from rockauto since they don't offer an Aisin one that I can find. Haven't installed it yet, but looks to be decent quality. If you don't need a motor, they do carry just the AISIN regulator PN: RPT029 .

I ordered the ACI brand regulator/motor assembly from rockauto since they don't offer an Aisin one that I can find. Haven't installed it yet, but looks to be decent quality. If you don't need a motor, they do carry just the AISIN regulator PN: RPT029 .
They had Aisin regulators with motors a few months ago, that's why also have a spare set of new regulators without, they got stock of them with motors in after I had already bought without. I can grab the part number later...

Jason

They had Aisin regulators with motors a few months ago, that's why also have a spare set of new regulators without, they got stock of them with motors in after I had already bought without. I can grab the part number later...

Jason
Here you go, looks like 035 is out of stock right now, but they have 036....

I did notice they are now made in Taiwan, and not Japan, but hopefully good stuff. I have not installed them yet, so I can't comment.

PXL_20210731_163610376.jpg

Jason

Man, I did the driver side rear this afternoon with new OEM runs and the ACI motor/regulator...i have to say, basically no change. Still sounds like the motor struggles going up and the speed didnt change. I added dry teflon spray because I was so disappointed and still no change.

I have the Aisin motor/regulator for the front. Hopefully those work better.

Man, I did the driver side rear this afternoon with new OEM runs and the ACI motor/regulator...i have to say, basically no change. Still sounds like the motor struggles going up and the speed didnt change. I added dry teflon spray because I was so disappointed and still no change.

Where did you find the rear motor/regulator? Haven’t been able to find them online.

Have you replaced window runs and belt moldings? Did them on my front passenger and the window now goes up and down without help which it couldn't before, but slowly still. Was going to do motor + regulator to see if I could get it all the way back to normal. I know someone here took apart and rebuilt (or regreased or something) the original regulators and motors on their 80 and it was like a new car.

Edit: I can't read. See you did the window runs.

I don't think they are coming into the USA these days. Nobody online has them. OEM is available still, but pricey.

The switches were about 1/2 the problem in my 94. I replaced the driver and passenger front door switches with Rockauto parts and made the windows work again, but I know I need to replace the runs and motors too.

i find it hard to determine how many parts to throw at the windows, and if its even worth it, just to speed up the windows.

some have said spraying lube on everything is all it took
some have said cleaning or replacing the switches is all it took
some have said just replacing the runs is all it took
some have said just replacing the motors or regulators is all it took
others have said replacing everything resulted in no appreciable change

my drivers window is decently fast, but the glass does sit a bit crooked as it goes down/up...which i think is a run or regulator issue
the other windows are just slow and make me question whether they'll make it back up on their own. i try and only roll one up at a time

i've owned two toyota 4x4s at this point, and both suffer from the same power window speed even when new. i think its just the way they are and isn't worth the effort. tell me i'm wrong and i should shoot the parts cannon at them.

I think the windows are the only thing I dislike about my 80 series. I wonder what would happen if a window motor with a lot more grunt was retrofit or if the voltage to the window motors was increased- Run them on 24 Volts instead of 14.

I would 100% go manual windows if it was an option.

I'm going to change my opinion on this. I've done 3 of 4 windows with new runs and motor. I DO notice the 4th window being slower. I'll say the new windows arent "fast", but they are "faster" and the motors sound like they're under less stress.

Curious about one thing and that is the ECU that lives in the door cavity. My window just suddenly cuts out and then returns to it's normal, slow state. I did replace the window motor with one from a 4runner because the original one shorted out. I'm curious if that damaged the ECU (or whatever it's called) and now I'm having this inconsistent window up issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom