Calico - January 2022 Club Run (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SoCal TLCA is having a January club run at Calico on January 14-16. This run can either be a scenic day trip on Saturday, January 15, or an overnight trip depending on your time frame. A couple of us plan to arrive on Friday (January 14) to explore on our own and camp for the night. We will look for a campsite in Mule Canyon, off Mule Canyon Road. If you plan on camping with us, please coordinate with me on this thread (@DirtyRice Joe) or at josephroy@cox.net. We will monitor Ham radio channel 146.535 for any who want to try to link up for camping Friday night.

The club run will be on Saturday (January 15) on the milder trails around Calico Ghost Town. This run will be suitable for stock vehicles but keep in mind a couple of spots may be challenging and may either be passable with spotting or through a bypass (Obviously, we can't guarantee no scratches, but we'll do our best to provide spotting assistance through any obstacles!). The plan for the day trip is to meet at the intersection of Calico Road and Mule Canyon Road (click here for map) at 9:00 A.M. and head out on the trail.

If you'd like to stay and camp Saturday night, feel free to do so. If you have any questions, post up or message me.

See this link for photos from last year’s run: 2021 Calico Club Run

When do folks an on leaving Friday? I have a class that should finish around noon.

I'm planning on meeting you all for my maiden club voyage :) on Saturday morning at 9am as my son has school which won't finish until after traffic is already a nightmare on the 91 fwy.

When do folks an on leaving Friday? I have a class that should finish around noon.
I don't have a firm departure time yet. However, I'd like to miss as much traffic as possible. So, probably early afternoon-ish...

I don't have a firm departure time yet. However, I'd like to miss as much traffic as possible. So, probably early afternoon-ish...
Missing traffic on a 3 day weekend getaway Friday is a very smart idea, especially headed the way we are!!!

My truck will be packed Thursday, so I can leave early afternoon.

I am going to do my best to leave as close to noon on Friday as I can.

Looks like we can expect another good turnout! So far, we have 11 rigs checked in for this run with 5 planning to camp Friday night:

Brentbba
Dirty Rice Joe
menancyandsam
DoneThoo2
TemboTusk;

and 6 arriving Saturday morning:

Otis
bdobyns
Big Wave Dave
Retro LC
grumpyoldman
Live to Ski

I’m planning to leave northern Mission Viejo around 1:00 PM, via Santiago Canyon Road to the 241, 91, and I-15. I’ll be monitoring Ham 146.535 to link up with the rest of the Friday campers. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Evan here, I'll be meeting up with everyone Saturday morning! I also plan to camp Saturday night after our run.

Hey Joe, Ill see you guys out there bright and early tomorrow morning as well!

Thanks to all club members on the Sat. club run. Had another great time with you guys and gals!
271186868_675001640578352_8725548925568824165_n.jpg

Had a great time and an excuse to get a new high lift jack. I will be sending more pics to the club that will be at full resolution for your printing needs. Sorry if I didn't get you on camera.

What is the deal with the guy in the lexus in the first two pics?
BD1_1473.jpg
BD1_1472.jpg
BD1_1526.jpg
BD1_1532.jpg
BD1_1556.jpg

Great photos Helga!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom