Brembo 17z caliper 350mm rotors on my land cruiser axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well actually es for my land cruiser 70 but Im using 80 series axles... so works for it... need some mod on the rotor and grinding on the spindle.. also Im using 17 wheel and almost doesnt fit.

b23fd343-7c96-4aec-a030-d2c1735238fb.jpg

8421182c-7f4a-4a98-b9c3-cde5e81da32f.jpg

f1fecc15-95f8-4e8d-8fc7-60e03a9a5dca.jpg

619c5293-daab-4648-b3c7-040dcd0f0cd6.jpg

I have a set of these waiting to go on my Audi...maybe I'd rather have them on my LC
hahahah well Im doing it because I have 40 inch tire an 420hp on it... so it brake that good:rolleyes:

How did you get 420hp out of a 1FZFE, turbo or ??

My landcruiser is 97 1fzfe carburator.. so I found a 1fzfe coilpack head and bought forget inside the engine .. over bore to 1.0 , I m using a AEM infinity 508 stand alone ECU,( but really dont like, costumer service its PITA), so change to FUELTECH, Costumer service really frendly, ecu REALLY easy to use and have the touch screen imcorparate, I bougth the FT500 and the WIDEBAND.. so can make close loop , in this way I can use daily drive..,,,, BUT its not that good its almost 2 km/1 litre...( its the dragon of game of throne)...... also had to raplace the clutch 3 time ... right now it working but Im scared to much hp to a 40 inch tire with 9.5 toyota rear with RCV shaft

Beefy. What, if anything, are you going to do to balance the front/rear braking force and the change in hydraulic ratio compared to the original calipers?

Beefy. What, if anything, are you going to do to balance the front/rear braking force and the change in hydraulic ratio compared to the original calipers?
Actually the rear brake caliper and rotors are front small 4 piston fj60, and have a willwood manual compensator for the rear .... this brembo front caliper have 6 piston but the piston are not much diferent in size as the original 80 series caliper .. no need to change de master cylinder

After several months testing the brakes, everything is fine, the brake is faster, the pedal has no more travel, but I am not satisfied, the vehicle does not brake as I wish, I am going to try the 2015 tundra caliper ..
this is what I get

CALIPER PISTON AREA each

OEM FZJ80 6443 mm2
4RUNNER 5TH GEN 7273 mm2
TUNDRA 2015 8167 mm2
BREMBO 17Z 6133 MM2

you can see the Brembo are bit smaller that the OEM but the PAD is doble the size, oem fzj80 pad and 4 runner 5h gen are almost the same, the tundra pad are much bigger that the runner but smaller that brembo 17z....

I think I can get away, using the Armada rotor with the tundra caliper...
armada rotor are 350 mm and 30 thicknees
tundra rotors are 355 mm and 32 thickness

If I do so.... i will need to change the manter cylinder for a bigger one, I think some T-100 are a bit bigger

the other way around to improve brake is doing something in th booter .. but really dont know, I already have the dual diafrang booster from a FZJ80

I already install a tundra brakes on a land cruiser76 2018, but I used the tundra rotors.. need new mount and some lather on the hub.. and new 17 wheels .. but fits. the travel in the pedal increase like 10% , but now I can lock the front wheels on a hard brake ....
the knucles are the same the only diference is 5 lug hubs

freno tundra machito.jpg

Last edited:
@pocholin : you mentioned above that you installed FJ60 calipers on the rear of your 80 series??. Can you share details on that modfication? Which model year FJ60 calipers were used, which rotors will fit (with stock wheels?), etc?

CALIPER PISTON AREA each

OEM FZJ80 6443 mm2
4RUNNER 5TH GEN 7273 mm2
TUNDRA 2015 8167 mm2
BREMBO 17Z 6133 MM2
I appreciate that you posted these stats. That's the sort of data that can really benefit others in the future.

Was asking about the rear calipers, he mentioned using FJ60 calipers in the rear.

"Actually the rear brake caliper and rotors are front small 4 piston fj60, and have a willwood manual compensator for the rear ...."

Was asking about the rear calipers, he mentioned using FJ60 calipers in the rear.

"Actually the rear brake caliper and rotors are front small 4 piston fj60, and have a willwood manual compensator for the rear ...."
yes no problem on monday a will take pic of the modification .. But to be honest the fzj80 rear caliper can do the job...

There is another great write up on upgraded brakes for the 80 series as well.

Brake upgrade

Not discrediting your work @pocholin but just want others to know there are/will be other options.

What mount were you referring too with the tundra disc and calipers? These go over the hub vs bolted from behind like the stock rotors?

What mount were you referring too with the tundra disc and calipers? These go over the hub vs bolted from behind like the stock rotors?
yes that right go over the hubs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom