Review: FullyLitLed Interior lights for LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As I have done with my other vehicles I could not resist to upgrade the interior lights in the 2005 LX470. These LED lights have much better output, better lighting angles, and better light color (pure white) compared to the OEM. Now I have plenty of light in order to find that dropped 10mm socket or than one screw that is dropped when working on the vehicle. Once again thanks @FullyLitLED for providing such a solid Interior LED package.

Installation was very easy for all of the lights, just pop the covers off with a plastic trim remover and put in the new bulbs.
Included:
  • Map Lights (2)
  • Middle Row Dome Lights (3)
  • Trunk Area Dome Lights (1)
  • Door lights (4)
  • License plate (2)

20220109_201358.jpg

20220109_201425.jpg

20220109_201505.jpg

20220109_201651.jpg

20220109_202157.jpg

Last edited:
That's actually bad. Anyone driving professionally can confirm this. The only LEDs I installed are the red map lights. You may want to read about cones and rods in our eyes. At first, the cheap LEDs seem "better" though. Properly engineered and executed ones, with continuous spectrum are good, but will cost you...

Is there any other option to upgrade the interior lights to LED but with less brightness? The ones posted above seem more bright than what I am used to.

I don't get the appeal of lighting like this. It feels cold, harsh, clinical, and not conducive to actually using them at night.

Looks great in pics, would hate them in real life.

@Coupedncal you can get LEDs that aren't so bright and white.

I don't get the appeal of lighting like this. It feels cold, harsh, clinical, and not conducive to actually using them at night.

Looks great in pics, would hate them in real life.

@Coupedncal you can get LEDs that aren't so bright and white.

Actually super useful at night and they are not a distraction at all. I prefer the 5500K color. I've put them in 6 vehicles in the last 15 years. Once you upgrade you'll hate the yellow bulbs ;)

Actually super useful at night and they are not a distraction at all. I prefer the 5500K color. I've put them in 6 vehicles in the last 15 years. Once you upgrade you'll hate the yellow bulbs ;)
I've done it in one of my older Mercedes, seen in it friends' 100s. Purely my opinion, but it sucks. I hate that the diodes are almost always completely visible which, to me, looks cheap and specifically aftermarket. Not to mention the harsh/cold light output.

But, to each their own. It's worth mentioning to those that have only seen pictures that this is sort of an acquired taste. There's a reason manufacturers of home lighting are scrambling their best to mimic the light aesthetic of an incandescent bulb with LEDs- because the LEDs look like crap. Notice how every post following the original here (besides yours) also felt it was not appropriate.

Any pointers or links that you could share on the interior LED lights?
Not specifically as I've specifically not done this mod. But, they're out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom