1974 Pua'a (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is one, two or three, definitely not four, five or six they all got shipped out of the country...... Or did they?
This one is just outside Killeen, TX. As @RUSH55 points out, it’s the 1974 I purchased in April 2018 in NM that @Cruiser Innovations originally built in 2012. It was SOA on 33s when I bought it. It’s now on locked and built 60 axles with 4.88s and 35s. Plan is a 1hz/h55f/split case combo that came out of the hz75, paint and the 4x4labs bumpers.

Might run the LRA 50 gallon fuel tank.
Might go 37s.

There is a 1978 body in MD that I probably won’t do anything with.

The other three (all also 1978) are in Cartagena.

One was from Medina (the one with the huge cancer issues), and has barn doors. It’s got a 2uz-fe, h151f, 70-series axles (discs front and rear, coils on front).

One came out of Colombia but spent 8 years wandering the East coast of the US. This one also has barn doors.

The last one came from the South, purchased from @TachedOutOffRoad

Last edited:
Crazy looking back at those photos.
The two guys pictured where guys that worked for me for a short time… Good help but ultimately felt better just doing it all myself…

I love seeing all the progress you are making on the ole girl :)

On another note… I’m hoping to find a BJ60 for parts to rebuild my first cruiser which is a 1977 BJ40 I purchased in Costa Rica back in 2004. I used my drivetrain for a customer’s cruiser and would really like to put a 3b diesel mated to a five speed trans just for nostalgia sake. Let me know if you come across anything 🙏!

Keep up the great work!!

Hey Josh, (@Cruiser Innovations) your build thread on this FJ55 started Jan 3, 2012, and it’s now January 2022. A decade of progress.

I’m trying to finish the truck, but keep the spirit of what you started in there. Adding a 5-speed, and keeping the SOA even though I went with built 60 axles.

There is a complete BJ drivetrain (engine, transmission, transfer case, PTO, exhaust manifold, driveshafts, axles, brakes, steering column, radiator) for sale in Colorado Springs. $3500

Last edited:
Hey Josh, (@Cruiser Innovations) your build thread on this FJ55 started Jan 3, 2012, and it’s now January 2022. A decade of progress.

I’m trying to finish the truck, but keep the spirit of what you started in there. Thus the diesel (1hz, not installed yet, but recovered from my troopy build) and 5-speed, and keeping the SOA even though I went with built 60 axles.

There is a complete BJ drivetrain (engine, transmission, transfer case, PTO, exhaust manifold, driveshafts, axles, brakes, steering column, radiator) for sale in Colorado Springs. $3500

Thank you for keeping me in the loop 🙏… I truly love seeing this ole girl carry on :) Thank you also for the lead!!! After the fire I have prioritized my time and my gunk lol! My BJ40 is back on my radar :)

1643478712496.jpeg

Need a driver’s door. 1974. Just the shell is OK. Anyone?

Yeah, that is fixable if you don't find a new one. I believe a big portion of the doors crack in the hinge area. I made plates to cover the whole area and stiffen it up.

Have had a couple of mine reinforced and welded up in the course of various body shop visits over the years.

Yeah, that is fixable if you don't find a new one. I believe a big portion of the doors crack in the hinge area. I made plates to cover the whole area and stiffen it up.
Thanks, man.

Going to try to drop by Classic in Poncha Springs on Tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom