For Sale 1978 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
I am selling my 1978 FJ40 as an incomplete project. It does not seem like I will have the time to finish this and I need to move on. The truck is a 1978 West Coast truck with 84,000 original documented miles. It does not have the original motor , the previous owner blew it up. It has a shackle reversal , 3 inch lift ,Rough Country, mini truck power steering with a Texas Offroad rebuilt box.
custom made 8 inch steel wheels with NOS OEM hubcaps, all rust was addressed and the truck was repainted as necessary. New upholstery on the seats and jump seats, Holley carb replaced with a Fuji from City Racer, it starts but needs a tune. I have a FJ60 air cleaner , OEM air horn and bracket, new washer wiper bottle, the previous owner cobbled a wiper delay into the dash wiring and this needs to be sorted out. I have all new OEM turn signals and marker lights , some connectors need to be soldered or pinned. I have NOS bumperettes, I have the side panels with all rust repaired and repainted, I have the amby doors with all rust repaired and repainted, I have the fiberglass roof , it has no rust. This truck spent 20 years in a garage in OR, My cell is 201-248-9387 to text questions.
At this point it is an assembly project , all the hard work is done. The truck has very little rust so it is a pleasure to work on.

DSC_0359.JPG

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

Last edited:
Did the original owner document how he blew up a Toyota engine by 84,000 miles? 🧐
He was an idiot, got it locked in 4 low and drove it home that way, See note above re: wiper delay. The truck belonged to his wife, who owned it with her father.
It has a late model FJ60 2F with the bolt holes for a factory PS pump

So, after getting stiffed by two buyers, I am withdrawing the offer to sell in it's current condition. I will finish it up and list on bring a trailer.
Not many sub 100k mile 40's out there with 25 years inside storage. I thought this would be an easy sale. I guess the market has changed

What was your asking price? Looks like a great rig!

It did have an asking price when the ad first went up of $24k (I believe that's accurate?) @447xpro

Reasonable for the work that has been done to it

Last edited:
It is, just ordered WS to install the sides , top and amby doors.
So no availability for OEM WS for the tub to side panels, bought one aftermarket set that was manufactured backwards. Just got a set of repro's from City Racer that should work better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom