Builds LX570 - Maintain Restore and Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for making these great vidz, sub'd..

Thanks for making these great vidz, sub'd..
You got it! I enjoy the projects and teaching my two little boys how to fix and modify things.

Just ordered up all 3 rows of seats worth of brand new replacement leather from LSEATS.com. I chose the "LARK" color which is slightly darker than the factory light tan interior. I am hoping that the contrast will look good against the rest of the interior. I will post a step by step series of videos once the leather sets arrive showing how to remove, prep, and reupholster each set of seats. Stay tuned.

Some folks were asking about how the color swatches compare against the factory interior. I thought the easiest way to show that was with a video.
Here's the video that shows all the color swatches from lseats.com against our 2009 LX570. Hope it's helpful for you all!

I was looking at wheels the other day to freshen up LEXI's look. But I kept coming back to stuff that looked similar to the stock wheels. So instead I'm going with BORA 1.25" spacers and will refinish the stock wheels. If you're thinking about spacers it's a good time to buy, BORA's are 15% off for the next few days for their holiday sale using coupon code "holiday15" on their website. Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech - https://www.motorsport-tech.com/

Now I'm trying to figure out whether to refinish the wheels in a color similar to the factory gunmetal-ish color, or go with a different color.

Last edited:
New tablet / phone / ipad mounts for the headrests. Didn't even think of getting these for my LX. But the kids love them so much in my wife's car that I had to order a set for my LX too.

These are the mounts:

And here is the video:

Installed some updated tail lights. Still not sure how I feel about them. Do you guys like the new style or old style? Step by step video for those doing the same. The lights on the hatch took me a few minutes to figure out, but overall not too bad of an install:

Installed some updated tail lights. Still not sure how I feel about them. Do you guys like the new style or old style? Step by step video for those doing the same. The lights on the hatch took me a few minutes to figure out, but overall not too bad of an install:

Do you have a link for the lights?

I like the new style because they do NOT have the full chrome surround.

Not bad. I backed into a mailbox and broke the LH quarter panel mounted light. New OEM is $260ish shipped. Car-part.com is about $135 plus shipping. Now I know I can look at the later MY combinations. Thanks.
You got it! Make sure to check out the video steps on trimming that one tab. Otherwise they fit up fine.

Got the BORA 1.5" spacers installed:

And then had to clearance the front fender lining slightly. Did it without having to cut anything. Just a little heat gun action, and was able to get a lot more space than I expected:

The hood struts are about 3yrs old now and starting to get tired. Time to put some new ones on before they get too old and the hood falls on my head.

Here's the step by step video if you are doing the same and could use a visual. Takes maybe 10 minutes to do as a DIY.

-

Re-dyed the front bottom seat bolsters for both the driver and passenger seats. And also the door handles for both front doors. Here's the only photos I have of them before re-dying:

2daBrBW_CmpOJBi5N2be9Ik_OfJP1TYPLnojBzA_5EhyoLdYX0Xj5Ayz5cxliD2gQ7IvmDZ5iERU7X7xKccOJquxNgJTBZ1WIiCCfqNnxD4pEKuGFytolJFCNW40iR4Z5BhIHEHsnkb9SMyjcnOnO2JoUqlGCOG32lQvSlXoIIMHXMx1FgZcCzzUaLOKrrJXS-YCseublbnGxZGJ4s1zSc3cQbn0Zw-qzZr8x94D3zZl6ZpF1ecG-FrYfirHl3PdFQIcs7cnd9HJaChwFal9NUKEVo03gTosu_jlgjxMc5hCIEUQPCA8EpfeBxDkTlowB3nzRQgPxUxpX3o7CUgQeDLuVZmDcGHC15wAucsWkyqTLnoH3yjoVe07qPdv1tVaFWtNbvX_VSP7zrgs-W9lggafvscfmJE6toYNEEfXF-ZFoEoeVORYntej_JgsnejJ-A-CTkD4A8yxVLWlivPjgF2Z9c74TbAMd2QQb8JVbrKH_r9Bz9IM30losxEIsNX_zvQa7UvU98tZ8MBSITLuJEUheSw5RWkscHGcMmsD6WTY9-eT6762NEJC8gtktoM9y-9D6hcuvmDabPP34SQoul1AAmaMUJTuF8WDTJMPDc6rsl4YudjrV-GbYF1-x-I0OcOsyFxyFXh1IcgttsDb6Zg0vg=w640-h480-no

SVaAl21pVMmgzSnCR4rjs3yD33TqTr5yPGYkEWI5ULF75W0XDuoMI2EQEIBDN-IpDZdQCSQQBlmysetSEOlYuNJDExhxiZrouFdY1rMJLkhJcKcGGwetFRirhf_gL30sY3zrL-RQbEZkj60UaIGr4333g9RZGy8aaTnuAuB9cubAcSSNiOBI5ukgzwz51pTIjliPu3jFLamLWCWsufl66UctyTOSGoA0XlOZvHAHBDnyN_1QbVgF-qFQxtyw6D4wFbVRk-tw9So2Q9v0-1y_6tEDLyoB5eQqMuNHWqz0BeRrWHH7x0pgB2q6luuxjf88Y8H5g5E3y1M9I2dU6NvyiCgZfVQh-wbKI3RC000Foh7aU1wRshqiJ9VnodB5T2XKR6QAHVKcencQbhn_JhlBlTzwMaXe3R4ZFuDdsT9cV3N4m5IImnlf2Zd2y3kvMhpEJFwVbIQmZDxuIBa_X4z0h78K6dGk-ffT3f3MSMNnY0syGwkSGFU9WScWVvzpQb0Kq6yiFaXOUwaLAlA_Y3_FXGjgmIGJCxBrmP4nHROKzQFpIORDFXgpX_VSTad1Y_w2iW-s3HLhLX2DhNrLYFjTF0GxuP-O01IUhpLSPo1xR0a4SXmqV1GvQYAEWQT--VhVmFEkZ8OZreMddDr4yM9RihFd6w=w640-h480-no

Here are some photos after re-dying. Still need to apply leather conditioner after letting it sit for a few days. Sorry for the poor lighting:

veMx8S4aGZQcxTKR8tGSonRbTm-ovWJic9DHyuuKyse0IPzvOAa3_VCUWgm6rVGFtaT6c5nl6PyZdPMeKDt0-N4t9oItcRtGDuo_jEnzUc1uW2lL00-dhmjA5U9pL-fJZ0uRC7sJ-CktUOTZxaww5g2N-E9EexhGj7nHOcgRCoX1tY9eTfFH_y_azjAswE4vQrJP91IErivaI0XfoVlKGVlSD4tX_H6lTP-bL_5bqY0Pn7k6Yct_tknqV9w7wHVl0RPRFtnfLzCinJdHHBG85tIgX67y6l-uZBoss-oCEisgH1lX_kmgLJ-e-6yRiQTl2JMp4g2py84VFbIh-pNovfNGFgKT7Gk5lR7STuhx4bpFiWPgF4Qr_O2c9m6zLMb6xjImWYFwSbHwGOYkBadFxV7cDqPoeB4GbQFG9gdPxtLkjiOXs3O1G5mmimOTyZOkPGRcYnHuCWRYOKLtDzFO5pzDTCLeqwTe-z3kvUiud68F7UKkiCs7HC6eBZ1i_ei6OMEvnDRzvbwIn0GhsfCE019l3omCB41jp2o-ATztWOqh8qPc2Hy5jCS1k714JVFsL3WLJClgZgCYKrhTU62CHsbW2SAsy6NXPM4c7f4jovbbMF9DcSxE8YaAfs6vnGf1LgVD2AAbikqq-2E9xET_xAT9SA=w2046-h1536-no

ZfI8st2c7ZVN43JiVaro729T6GgzFsSIFpisCEYDiRhlvMef4GOj0fp5iDbh4uLZzMboFYiuwxfNGTR1USBPe4q-jyxGaYAgPucLGgvjcRGj7EOUL2ixroq4leRRrXbwScNEIyLFMq8l3sUn2lmiwFk0xIw8-QnIiR1ofgJqVwJ3xfxDrFg7aPiTjikJw2cgIzCOZMbw8yYVL582H0OszLG3Mmk0fbpiNCKvnnNN4CtzVyBtBSD4JYP8eLT3sRFBkgvV1mvp--9XmEavaUxGvIoNpGXL5I7X3P9BLZhTe1A6sUVQpy8FWoStqBMcg4JZng9vFoTVaxYtqc1RCYr02ilW0eK-oEBlOsy8XQIir02pTt-WQOFwx-RHGkoXjf7oCRUyih1dTag1ZhhDPbJlmk-TrZYcNEkI6UWOHcEuXCVq6GarVFSXkmcBT_VrcPnqDbsp2pyHP7Lhwi2Cjiglkk1oMD9e8n8TwmFh7HDDMkphLQx0GuqNLvNPa2qI9c5oXqF6uCUfqRX7XUMz9nYnaZ8NVO22MnZoHAGX476Ahi_wrrRP2MzEjR4_KgnFXNWuiS43eCKCJ8lU-k7jG_i31Zh94EcN6zWxu0ZPSLL6rDZbnUQCe-TbZ_1Wb8bSMMp5Q3z_i88eisKKSfhvsgxGt9Xk0w=w2046-h1536-no

niGYyyJRlr0cjZzsqdSzHNjhtMAWLiYpxD5jcKZbdy8vbqjmzDgxORKgDUqBi0msO_FhSEi5EJr0w8o99U2tKJvO33CiF9SiZfP2lm3pN_CfHfulhLPUAkPm4YkLIdkiiaULWFlM2qFhTSGceXIDEO3q0CE6GaG8xaD8AWSaolrNR8SD3uNB7cPyDyfInn80AmdccbP2u8AnXUjbyWJ5daURUv31GbvHqvX-an_o0G2NO9nV7qUq-XIglHGbhrCqQ12vTVlv_M3XF2Sgamg1xma4rD-VWC_9xLI2Htg55yzkvGrEWDFkWYW2WYBKU1F6XPj9sKmI5kA95f4KJoSE81wNRk3ZcYn_-4rjtB0qm1riG4XqkRnyEcidUnlYJUKamNWV1kAPLl7r9Re0ZXofjmMs9yyed5zTKl_bDg-B-dUNUnvNDo_J8v5s_nuS9ROaW6KheNOOP0JZvrtyDdUY-rYcZmPpOLyWDYrQNS6_K7-rlV-whaCFczIaY39-Eh0U3lDVtlrG1105Izzf3oEDXWe-3U0Wl9nJv0ipKvJRGINjk1KcsFa7NQIsTwlffoJSi6arPmfUJzdcvSFTdPjeCmMJINkMAFwYUHyqWOuxX2-qKyohl1D8No6oagnOADMheU8ho5zpT5go20MQCSNA-Ehe8Q=w1152-h1534-no

snyow_Q18UsjC9mjjHzNCngxRkoYGMzF6Tig2NV_D0nFDiURq_CCydFQNBMfUvyI2T4CHfZwaIAMZoWKxvQ_E3A3CUEAxwyyx68fkig_03AFfn73J20JduqwsPVf-Tckse45Xc8pjKDbArO2jNIAoddeARO50snuifAokvN8etCTJFwayc3YlVvNMyeZTIfulcUDjeF5N0RDV76liK47ZLLzp2ObXzNTovgug-N-BtyfeblSUsoYdJz28acb5_boCljAi2IwzCpKv4-9QwJOqiE37imXgrqzy8yMVV4a0EonH4Sgeo6rC_8O-q7d9J4NsMMkC8-N47_p1twYNrEDsqcbY2m8G_ymumTM9b3IUp8zWbjVmiI8Q6o4ZrKuYE-VhURr1zi_lcXZRfG3DEtla2ENAHUVlifU-F48fy-HPImiCYkxHxpGwmXmKklc5SrI3VK1hjTM0w6Y9BQGEPlPoPXnMictdYWsN0RuzjDnaifElvn3DaxaT1fEeQuN1IJ1oiT7whMXJTwWviJ96iCaGj7QOxCTnd4K1gDVyrshmvHR_CViaHv2aS2ZLXsJqZTdM1wgbTO0fntC4a3c4I6-CFYa-VVPwsBWahZixeGCQjKTPDIzXo3Ak6F318XX47LGLkBbzFtzDbvMzWZx-GQHtu_5Yg=w2046-h1536-no
Love old thread re-visit. Can you elaborate on this re-dye? Sounds complicated in my head but wondering if my blue ink stain spot would vanish if I tried this.

Been having problems with the Tekonsha brake controller staying connected for the last year or so. So after seeing a few other installs I decided on the Redarc Tow Pro Elite. I installed it along with the plug and play harness so I don't have to cut or splice any wires. And I also opted for the toyota switch panel they have so that I didn't have to drill any holes in the dash. The install was easy, and WOW, it works much better than the Tekonsha, even back when it did work well when I first installed it. The Redarc braking in the default "proportional" mode is much more smooth and predictable. Very happy with the switch.

For anyone thinking about installing one, I did a full step by step video of the installation procedure on my 2009 LX570. Should be very similar on any 2008-2021 Land Cruiser or LX570.

-

Quick update video on the BORA spacers. And more progress update on how the Powerstop Z36 brakes upgrade is holding up

Here is the video

-

Got the Check Tire Pressure System error message. Multiple attempts to reset the system did nothing, so it was time to break out the scanner. Hooked up the scanner and found that 4 out of the 5 sensors are reading fine, but 1 of them is dead. Lowered the pressure in each tire slowly while watching the pressure readouts and determined the TPMS sensor in the front left tire is dead.

If 1 of them is dead then the rest may fail soon. And if I replace just 1 there is a good chance it will read slightly different than the others, which would drive me nuts. So I ordered up 4 new TPMS sensors, and will be replacing them in the garage. If you are curious how to replace a TPMS sensor without a tire machine, stay tuned. I'll make a video for ya'll to show the process. Good to know how just incase you ever have to do it.

Got the Check Tire Pressure System error message. Multiple attempts to reset the system did nothing, so it was time to break out the scanner. Hooked up the scanner and found that 4 out of the 5 sensors are reading fine, but 1 of them is dead. Lowered the pressure in each tire slowly while watching the pressure readouts and determined the TPMS sensor in the front left tire is dead.

If 1 of them is dead then the rest may fail soon. And if I replace just 1 there is a good chance it will read slightly different than the others, which would drive me nuts. So I ordered up 4 new TPMS sensors, and will be replacing them in the garage. If you are curious how to replace a TPMS sensor without a tire machine, stay tuned. I'll make a video for ya'll to show the process. Good to know how just incase you ever have to do it.
I replaced 2 and then about a year later another went bad. They last 8--10 years it seems. I still have 2 originals in my 2013.

When you replace them they will read just like the others, no difference - at least if you replace with OEM Toyota ones they will, I can't say if you try to use a knockoff cloneable sensor if it will behave exactly the same or not.

If you use cloneable ones there's no reprogramming. If you don't then you need Techstream or will have to pay your dealer to reprogram the TPMS to recognize them as they have a unique ID they broadcast.

I replaced 2 and then about a year later another went bad. They last 8--10 years it seems. I still have 2 originals in my 2013.

When you replace them they will read just like the others, no difference - at least if you replace with OEM Toyota ones they will, I can't say if you try to use a knockoff cloneable sensor if it will behave exactly the same or not.

If you use cloneable ones there's no reprogramming. If you don't then you need Techstream or will have to pay your dealer to reprogram the TPMS to recognize them as they have a unique ID they broadcast.
I've never touched the TPMS sensors that came with the truck when I bought it. I think at least 2 of them must be different than the other 2 since the PSI readings are slightly off even after I set them with a known good gauge.

I bought a set of 4 knock offs on Amazon. For $38 bucks shipped it was hard to say no. I'll install them and see how it goes. Worst case if they're terrible it's only $38 lost and I can go with OEM. I'll report on this thread about how they work out.

-

I've never touched the TPMS sensors that came with the truck when I bought it. I think at least 2 of them must be different than the other 2 since the PSI readings are slightly off even after I set them with a known good gauge.

I bought a set of 4 knock offs on Amazon. For $38 bucks shipped it was hard to say no. I'll install them and see how it goes. Worst case if they're terrible it's only $38 lost and I can go with OEM. I'll report on this thread about how they work out.

-
I got a more expensive version of these knockoffs (scammy eBay purchase). They’ve been working fine for about 18 months now. My set looked like the Pacific Industry ones (but clearly not as nice printing and what not compared to a real one). The big deal was that none of the codes printed matched the actual broadcast codes on the sensors. My tire shop ended up scanning them for me after they were mounted, and then I was able to enter those values into techstream and they worked fine.

I got a more expensive version of these knockoffs (scammy eBay purchase). They’ve been working fine for about 18 months now. My set looked like the Pacific Industry ones (but clearly not as nice printing and what not compared to a real one). The big deal was that none of the codes printed matched the actual broadcast codes on the sensors. My tire shop ended up scanning them for me after they were mounted, and then I was able to enter those values into techstream and they worked fine.
That's interesting that the codes did not match. Mine came in yesterday, hopefully I'll have time to tackle it later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom