Builds Powda Blue 74 Build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Putting it all back together. I, of course, can’t find where I put the water pump pulley and the alternator bracket.

Someplace obvious I’m sure but so far. Nada.

3EF64479-D729-4D4B-97CA-5A072538E3C9.jpeg

DF5C43C0-A13B-41BF-8A25-F961BDA3DDC9.jpeg

For me working solo it is way easier to install the motor on the front motor mounts. Run a ratchet strap under the oil pan and then lift it up and use the tranny jack to snick the combo in. I one shorted this one.

2F5AB61D-0F55-4CAD-A0F0-F0AB6E6FF7EA.jpeg

A433BB3B-86E1-44DF-BF2C-E4F8A647807A.jpeg

Big accomplished day for sure. I’ll get some driveshafts ordered Monday and while those are getting built I’ll build this truck out. This is the good stuff.

41A122AC-EEBE-4896-83AB-75CA0ED79568.jpeg

Thank you for posting these pictures today. I have my engine in and was prepping to install the trans today so I read up on mud and after reading a couple horror stories I was thinking of pulling the engine back out and doing it as a unit. This post sequence has inspired to me raise the front end and work from underneath with a transmission jack.

Keep it level if you are on the ground. Before the lift I would put both ends on ramps and use tranny jack
I was referencing the front of the engine. Do you get the angle to clear the tube crossmember by raising the front of the engine or taking the rear motor mounts out and letting the rear hang down? I am on the ground, with an overhead chain hoist, truck on dollys, so there is a good amount or room underneath. Roll around hoist is available. thanks for the tips.

oGXntr.jpg

I was referencing the front of the engine. Do you get the angle to clear the tube crossmember by raising the front of the engine or taking the rear motor mounts out and letting the rear hang down? I am on the ground, with an overhead chain hoist, truck on dollys, so there is a good amount or room underneath. Roll around hoist is available. thanks for the tips.

oGXntr.jpg

I use the jack to come in at an angle upwards. Once it clears the input shaft and bottom of the bellhousing push it forward and raise jack
And start leveling it out. It’s tight but it works

Big accomplished day for sure. I’ll get some driveshafts ordered Monday and while those are getting built I’ll build this truck out. This is the good stuff.

View attachment 2881240

What distributor are you using on this one Nolen? Apologies if this info is in a previous post that I did not see.

What distributor are you using on this one Nolen? Apologies if this info is in a previous post that I did not see.
DUI and live wires like always.

Coming together.

B7B9ABD4-ECBC-4BA5-9E11-969697B6C67C.jpeg

1F5C0241-3943-4448-9C43-F47FF3EB4AA0.jpeg

Aight. 2 short hoses from getting the heater back in. The 78 parts truck I bought has a beautiful header and defrost hoses so I moved them over to Powda Blue

38B0CEE1-8D28-4212-973D-CEB722C9E90D.jpeg

E250FCAC-A3BC-45AA-ABD3-572F781483F8.jpeg

E6CF66F8-BFC1-4B76-B86E-9A09AACC941D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom