Builds Fix'n up the Land Cruiser..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

She runs! Coolant in, trans filled and cycled and ran to operating temperature. Found one leak at a brake line fitting by the master cylinder and snugged it up. No other leaks thus far.

I popped a MIL at the end of my idle run for a misfire on #3. Screw driver to the ear and injector is firing. Pulled the plug and I have spark so re-seated plug and wires. That is as far as I had time to get into it. In a couple weeks I will have the downpipe welded and then run some compression checks if needed.

Priming oil:

Nice, congrats! I bet it feels good.

Sounds rough, is that related to the misfire or just extended downtime?
All the above. Fuel learn+cold start, open headers and miss on 3.

Transmission throttle cable got some love. The old heat sleeve had seen better days. Downpipe is scheduled to get rewelded next Wed.

20220105_110744.jpg
20220105_105911.jpg
20220105_110547.jpg

When it's all said and done, your LC is going to be too nice to dive. It's gonna have to be put in a museum on display.

Nice work consolidating all this data, I recently did the same with all the mouldings and rubber for windows and doors. You get this baby purring yet?

Nice work consolidating all this data, I recently did the same with all the mouldings and rubber for windows and doors. You get this baby purring yet?
Wednesday is my appt with the muffler shop. Then I cross my fingers, take for a test drive and keep a tow truck on speed dial. 😆

So I took the truck for a test drive to check all systems. Steering good, no leaks, air is out ~ Brakes are good, no leaks ~ Coolant temps are on point, no leaks ~ Transmission shift kit is awesome, I LOVE the firmness it has now, no leaks ~ Electrical is good, voltage is good ~ Truck has misfire codes #3 and # 4.

Prior to the test drive I had a misfire only on #3. I tested spark and it was good and injector was firing. During the test drive, #4 and #3 showed a misfire. I stopped and checked connections at injectors and now just a misfire code on #4. Screwdriver and ear confirm #4 injector is not firing and pushing on connector did not result in a change. Tomorrow I will take off the TB and try to verify the circuit on it. My A/F ratio is sitting at 20.7 and burning clean, so I am going with I only have injector issues and not head related. I will still do a compression test on all cylinders to verify all the work that has been done. I had a pretest performed, HC's and CO are low to zero with 6.7% O2 left, so most definitely a fueling issue.

A few more odds and ends to complete some other future projects inbound. I forgot to order the belt moldings with the seals in the last order, partsouq was out of the rears so those later.

Screenshot_20220112-202126_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Oh, and the #1 reason for the tear down was high consumption of oil. At startup and takeoff I would have smoke and you could definitely smell it in the exhaust. I now have zero smoke and the exhaust smells good again. I was at about a quart every 500 miles. Time will confirm after I get the injector resolved.

So I’m on borrowed time at 308k? No smoke ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom