'91 poverty pack on Craigslist socal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you please take a picture of your 80 with window cranks?
No intent to hijack, here is mine, powerless.
20180107_081334.jpg

Has two dome lights, no cluster with rearview mirror. Center dome is standard and rear is just inside hatch area and is about 2/3 the size of normal one, sadly cover of rear one is missing and doubt I'll ever find replacement.
Does your rear cargo dome light look like this:
35C8D745-5D07-4511-8494-E3017EBD2F2F.jpeg

If so it’s probably the same rear cargo light on my 60 and also the one for the 70 series. It’s still available new from Toyota and relatively inexpensive at around $40.
1A1EF1BA-C70D-4166-82BB-505B888AF6E4.jpeg

Those are the same seats mine has.

That’s the first picture I’ve ever seen of a USA spec 80 series with manual windows.
I take it parts were or are available via toyota USA to service those should you need new a new regulator etc ?

If I understand the parts listing correctly, the manual regulators are still available and just a few dollars more than the ones for power windows.

Sweet mother of god. Can I have right to first refusal if you sell?

It might be a decade or two, but you're first in line.
(My FJ62 is all manual, too. Kind of my thing, I guess.)

And, those dome lights that @AlohaJen posted look familiar... Good to know those are obtainable.

@Aloha Jen - I hadn't thought to check with the dealership - I'll try that asap. Mine doesn't look the same as what you've posted, different switch location and different screw pattern. The cover looks to clip over the majority of mine and cover the mounting screws.

rear light.jpg

size comparison.JPG

@Aloha Jen - I hadn't thought to check with the dealership - I'll try that asap. Mine doesn't look the same as what you've posted, different switch location and different screw pattern. The cover looks to clip over the majority of mine and cover the mounting screws.

Yup, just the rear door dome is like what @Aloha Jen posted. I think all the dome and map lights are listed on ToyotaPartsDeal.com, but the illustrations aren't good enough to help get the right one. $33-$90 for various light assemblies.

Are there different end caps for the front and rear bumpers, as well as different mud flaps for the PP with no fender flares? I'd like to delete my flares but I always thought the bumper caps would stick out too far, at least in the front.

"Normal" for LC's are:
Power leather front seats (93+)
Power sunroof
Roof Rack
Rear Hitch
Running boards

** Now, most everyone wants to blank off the sunroof because they leak like a tall cow peeing on a flat rock.
** The power leather seats are hard as a brick and the leather is always cracked and shredded and the leather seats are taller and closer to the steering wheel than the cloth seats. Cloth seats are WAY more comfortable than the leather ones.
** Roof racks cause rust holes in the roof and they are only capable of holing 150# when new.
** rear hitch is a ground clearance issue. Replace with an armor bumper.
** Running boards are just in the way, lower ground clearance, and rust.

I have to concur with this. My '93 has leather and it is not very comfortable, and I had to move the tilt steering wheel up to get in. I am tall but not a huge man. My question is, if I were to find a parts rig with cloth seats to swap them out, is it a simple drop-in swap with the bolt pattern? Is it difficult to swap the power seats out for manual seats? I prefer the simpler methods of doing things. In fact, if I could change my door locks, windows and seats all to manual without a lot of difficulty, I would.

Also, has anyone had a body shop blank out the sunroof? If so, how much did this cost?

I have to concur with this. My '93 has leather and it is not very comfortable, and I had to move the tilt steering wheel up to get in. I am tall but not a huge man. My question is, if I were to find a parts rig with cloth seats to swap them out, is it a simple drop-in swap with the bolt pattern? Is it difficult to swap the power seats out for manual seats? I prefer the simpler methods of doing things. In fact, if I could change my door locks, windows and seats all to manual without a lot of difficulty, I would.

Also, has anyone had a body shop blank out the sunroof? If so, how much did this cost?

Yes
No
Door locks, not so much.

Yes. It depends on location and what level you want to go to.

Search
Search
Search

It might be a decade or two, but you're first in line.
(My FJ62 is all manual, too. Kind of my thing, I guess.)

And, those dome lights that @AlohaJen posted look familiar... Good to know those are obtainable.

Not quite a decade but it's been 4 years... ready to sell yet :)

Not yet. Thanks for asking.
Do you have more pics of your poverty pack? Would definitely love to add it to the USDM 80 series poverty pack registry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom