SOLD 1989 FJ62 Orange County, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
48386B67-A297-4132-BB43-2769E7FB1539.jpeg
B9DA3E42-CE54-49A0-ABD3-56A2F0C3257F.jpeg
1989 FJ62. CA rust free. 240K motor runs like new. New cats smogged last year. Recent new radiator, water pump, alternator and battery. Includes rear tire carrier/jerry can swingout bumper, 40gal fuel tank, aftermarket lift by HFS, aftermarket wheels.

All OEM parts included to put back to stock.

Interior very nice, not perfect. Same with paint. It's been used, never abused or crawled. It's been taken care of.

THE BAD: Could use a valve adjustment. Driver's side steering knuckle weeps a bit. 3" long crack in orig windsheild, lower driver's side. TC filler bolt is stripped and weeps some fluid. Will need tires soon, though they probably have 10K miles left on em.

Nice looking rig. Cargo box and crossbars not included.

$16K
CLEAN TITLE

PM or email me at trfolger@me.com

Last edited:
Hi - looks like a nice rig but would need many detailed interior/underside shots as well as pictures of the issues you've mentioned above. Would be interested to check those out as I'm looking for a '62. Thanks!

09977B7A-DF9A-4B74-A5BE-E84E3A79E2E7.jpeg
CE99AB9B-B2ED-4F52-B09F-CFE1B42B2DED.jpeg
99B8250A-08D1-466D-A90C-E476E8211A4E.jpeg
A7A6F4E5-8470-4171-9772-49D2E1E20FAB.jpeg
1A89858A-0C09-4CB9-A196-E4D93A1EF924.jpeg
Hi - looks like a nice rig but would need many detailed interior/underside shots as well as pictures of the issues you've mentioned above. Would be interested to check those out as I'm looking for a '62. Thanks!

Can only post 5 photos per message. More to come...

Update, looks like both knuckles are wet, but the passenger side doesn’t drip. After storing for a year there was a little fliud on the driver’s side tire, but none under the passenger side. Looking at it now, they could probably both use to be done, but not necessary to drive it.

Driver’s side
27F1CC69-B767-4448-B63C-1715B65311F2.jpeg

Passenger’s side
08072977-D5C0-4F80-A4A4-794C11986FFC.jpeg

F782E6ED-5A04-4DFC-B96E-E038DB3DD332.jpeg
After a best offer of $12K, I’ve decided to put it in storage. Stabil in the fuel tank, battery disconnected, indoors. It’s still for sale, I can arrange a viewing if you are in OC, SoCal.

Hi, While this sounds good these trucks do not like to sit for long periods. Tires sitting for short periods develope flat spots. battery will need trickle charging. Mice build nests in undesirable places, Wasps and ants get in and the exhaust system will rust out. And the list goes on and on. Been there done that. Mike

Hi, While this sounds good these trucks do not like to sit for long periods. Tires sitting for short periods develope flat spots. battery will need trickle charging. Mice build nests in undesirable places, Wasps and ants get in and the exhaust system will rust out. And the list goes on and on. Been there done that. Mike

It was in the same building all last year. None of the things you mentioned occurred, and if you disconnect the battery it needs no charger. Started right up like I’d been running it all year. This is Southern California. Dry. Things don’t rust just sitting there, especially if indoors.

I should mention it is now titled in Massachusetts, but is a CA vehicle with all smog equipment intact and functioning.
Currently still located in Orange County, CA.

Last edited:
To clear up some potential confusion, it’s still in the same condition as above described. I have a valve adjustment scheduled for this Thursday, so the vehicle will be available for viewing after that.

The current asking price is $20K. This is a very good value considering it’s very good to excellent condition overall, and compared to other FJ6Xs I see being offered.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom