Dissent Roof Rack Install (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

- loosely attach upper mounting feet to the lowers that have been mounted to the roof

- get some help to lift entire rack assembly onto the roof. Carefully lower front fairing onto the roof while you lower the rack. You’ll need to make sure the feet engage between each cross rail as you lower.
- the rear feet are not adjustable, and will support the rack.

987C980B-69B9-4DCB-AD7F-0CF52F766E65.jpeg

219C76F4-7173-46D5-AC6F-111672103FFB.jpeg

D30ADBCE-0403-4F3D-BC01-046C516F9278.jpeg

How’s the wind noise? It appears the rack overhangs the roofline edges slightly and just above the windshield, just enough to catch more wind resistance compared to my previous Prinsu. Definitely looks more stout.

How’s the wind noise? It appears the rack overhangs the roofline edges slightly and just above the windshield, just enough to catch more wind resistance compared to my previous Prinsu. Definitely looks more stout.
Haven’t driven with it yet. I still need to make final adjustments and then lock it down.

Initial impression are:
- extremely more stout! I had forgotten how flimsily the prinsu rails are.
- overall longer length. As you mentioned, it reaches much closer to the windshield. I think this part will deflect more air before it has a chance to get under the rack.
- also much wider than the P, with overhang to the roof lines. Aesthetically, I love this. With my iKamper on, the P got lost up there. Also, I’ll be able to support a proper awning along with the RTT.

Cant lose the P.

Dissent roof rack looks great!

Haven’t driven with it yet. I still need to make final adjustments and then lock it down.

Initial impression are:
- extremely more stout! I had forgotten how flimsily the prinsu rails are.
- overall longer length. As you mentioned, it reaches much closer to the windshield. I think this part will deflect more air before it has a chance to get under the rack.
- also much wider than the P, with overhang to the roof lines. Aesthetically, I love this. With my iKamper on, the P got lost up there. Also, I’ll be able to support a proper awning along with the RTT.
Prinsu rails are pretty flimsy once you take off 3 or more crossbars. It was perfectly fine for my use with sup boards, luggage and Home Depot runs.

It looks hella stout, no doubt and I like that it covers the edges of the roof line simply from a protection standpoint as the sheet metal is easily dented/creased there. I have to reserve my final opinion until I see one in person but by judging from the pics I've seen here and elsewhere it looks like it's too much for my taste.

Liking the Rigid light bar and how it breaks up the otherwise large fairing.

Final adjustments:
- make sure every single bolt is loosely installed.
- starting from the rear, center the rack (between pass and driver’s side) and tighten rear most bolts.
- then center and tighten front of rack.
- lastly, use a straight edge to lock all the crossbars into the same plane.
- happy to provide more detail if anyone needs it. For now, more glamour shots!

This first pic makes me the happiest (all crossbars in-line)!

F760CAA2-8DFA-41B7-B7C6-E1B702FF0DFE.jpeg

I really dont need an upper lightbar, but man does it tie the rack together nicely. Looks awesome!

I really dont need an upper lightbar, but man does it tie the rack together nicely. Looks awesome!

Agreed, without the light bar I don't think that I'd care for it, but it really does complete the look.

Ben is a metal origami master. Looking good!

I agree. The rack is quieter and 3x stronger than the prinsu. The way the wind fairing hugs the roof is much quieter then the P as well.

When the sunroof shade is closed, the noise is stock levels. Shade open is noisy.

Also, I can hook up a hammock to a single point of the rack and shake the entire rig without the rack flexing 😯

any updates?

I have a rigid adapt light bar and I am contemplating putting it right above the bumper under the grill like the Ed Martin install

But I also like this setup with the Dissent roof rack

I've heard pros and cons about roof vs bumper level lights

Any "would do things different" items?

awesome build

MJ

any updates?

I have a rigid adapt light bar and I am contemplating putting it right above the bumper under the grill like the Ed Martin install

awesome build

MJ
How big is your rigid?
I’m pretty sure they put the 30” inside the bumper area, and the dissent rack holds a 40”.

Loving the rack, no regrets… just pissed I got a Prinsu first.

any updates?

awesome build

MJ
I would reconsider the light bar on roof. I had an identical setup as Radman and if it’s raining, foggy, dusty and just basically not clear clean air, the light will reflect on everything in the air. I am having a light bar placed in the grill as it’s very dark and lush where I live. The roof light bar looks cool but not nearly as effective as placed in front of the truck for driving. Also, you won’t get any hood glare. Now, if I were to get a rack installed and have the light bar in the grill already, I’d probably put one on the roof with side lights. The roof light is very effective when setting up camp and looking down range mid tree level as the front grill light will blind you to death.

Awning mounts:
1) Remove 4 bolts from the sides of the Load Bar that you want to attach to.
2) change out 2 of the bolts from 3/4” to 1”. The longer bolts are needed since there are 4 layers: awning bracket, side skirt, skirt stiffener, load bar.
3) loosely attached the mounts, no more than finger tight.
4) 2 different options from Dissent. “Low rise” and “high rise”

8E2DE617-D54A-486B-BF2C-B7B335218CAC.jpeg

D19CD012-D28C-4691-9026-6C5DAE79D51C.jpeg

27415230-C605-4F25-BB52-CDA87076D510.jpeg

28DC0FB5-0CA6-45A0-9155-5EF7FD748D50.jpeg

D8A21729-386E-454D-93F0-400D53769BB7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom