Thank You Toyota! ...Fuel Pump Replacement. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These were the parts I ordered for my 2007 Land Cruiser:

Parts for Fuel pump replacement

90467-12067 Clamp x2
23220-50160 Pump
23239-11010 hose
77169-33020 gasket
83320-60340 fuel gauge sender

Recommend while you are in there swapping out the fuel gauge sender as well. It made the fuel gauge respond immediately and more accurately, like when it was new. It had gotten slow in responding to a fill up (very slow to rise). The entire job is super easy. It took less than one hour including removing and reinstalling the seats.

Bumping this thread.

I'm looking for the OEM stock part number for the pump/filter. I have a 2001LX, assuming the LC part is the same...either is fine. I've looked up the part number on a number of different sites, and they are all different.

Thanks.

You'll find different part numbers based on whether or not it references just the pump, just the strainer, a 'kit', OEM or Denso, etc.....

Just google Denso Fuel Pump 2001 Land Cruiser, buy the kit and replace. Be happy.

Last edited:
@Ayune Thanks for posting that video!

It's rare for me to see a well done youtube DIY video. Usually I tune out due to shaky camera, bad lighting, and worst someone droning on running their mouth and wasting my time without telling me what I need to know.

THAT video was excellent!

In the video he recommends Denso 950-0107 That part number seems to be out of stock everywhere. The Denso part number I've seen listed before is 950-0210. Can anyone clear that up?

yes it's 9500210 mud has talked about it so much that the thread is on page two google search of that part number. That's the 2006-7 version.

yes it's 9500210 mud has talked about it so much that the thread is on page two google search of that part number. That's the 2006-7 version.
Got it thanks! The part number mentioned in the video brings some extra pieces (strainer, hose, clamps, etc.) but is on national back-order.

I placed an order for 950-0210 (pump only) a few days ago. Turns out that part is also on back order. Hopefully it will ship soon.

1629895086468.png

Is there a difference between the 2006 version and earlier (2004)? Im having interment low power on my high mileage LC and thinking maybe its fuel starved. So far no codes but thats similar to some other threads with fuel pump issues

Easy job, but made easier with your thread - thanks @flintknapper!

Also - for those that arent getting fuel but tried swapping their fuse and dont have an immobilizer issue, I'd try replacing this. Made sense that this was the issue to me, but after reading those threads I was concerned that this wouldnt fix anything. Glad it did!

Last edited:
Easy job, but made easier with your thread - thanks @flintknapper!

Also - for those that arent getting fuel but tried swapping their fuse and dont have an immobilizer issue, I'd try replacing this. Made sense that this was the issue to me, but after reading those threads I was concerned that this wouldnt fix anything. Glad it did!

Good job Sir. 👍

You'll find different part numbers based on whether or not it references just the pump, just the strainer, a 'kit', OEM or Denso, etc.....

Just google Denso Fuel Pump 2001 Land Cruiser, buy the kit and replace. Be happy.

That's exactly what I did. It was -10 out last week, it took the wifey and me longer to get the Cruiser into the garage than it took me to replace the pump.
On the road again....

Just purchased a used 2001 LX470 at auction. Wouldn't start when I came to pick it up, not getting fuel. Found this post and changed the pump and filter with some hand tools outside of the auction gates. Napa had the pump and filter in stock. OTD $150, drove it home. Thanks so much!

Great video and instructions here. My pump was original at 314K miles and had, shall we say, a little dust on top. See photos. Amazing. I chiseled it off and used a shop vac to suck it up and then replaced the pump with an OEM pump from the dealer.

After a test drive tomorrow, I will get in there with compressed air and blow all the rest of it off the top of the tank.

P1030615.JPG

P1030624.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom