What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (116 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In my opinion the 80 is one of the best 4x4, especially as a turbodiesel. The idea was to add to the original body a roof top tent and a spare tire to the back, keep with this measures the original with/length/hight on a virtual car.
Keep this measures to plan a box or cabin. That is what you can see in the pictures. The cabin is 193 cm wide and 248 cm long outside. the wall is 3 cm. Convert to Gallons on your own. . We sleep with two adults inside, on benches downstairs, there is a diesel powered heater inside. During cold windy nights the roof remains closed.

1992 HDJ 80, manual, triple locked, 180 l Long Ranger, 180 W Solar panel;, 315/75 16 on 10 x 16 Alcoas:

Last edited:
Anyone know why my 40th emblem appears to be melting all of a sudden or how to prevent it from continuing? Truck hasn't really been sitting out in the sun recently

View attachment 2873218
Just a guess, it looks as if it could Have been removed before and glued back on and whatever glue was used is starting to drip out from under the emblem.

Might be able to carefully cut off the drips with an xacto knife and remove them.

Good looking truck!

Well not something I did, but it looks like the shop got it on the rack for final adjustments.

Excited to get this back in the garage vs stalking Instagram trying to catch a glimpse of the progress lol.
1640315107865.jpeg

Finally replaced the oil pump seal, distributor o-ring and the front main from Witts End. The oil pump cover screws came off without a hassle, but the Phillips bit included with the kit didn’t have the optimal fit. I used a PH3 and my impact driver. I guess all that oil on the undercarriage will be a nice rust inhibitor this winter.
0C772DED-D225-4218-B4DC-B69383F444D3.jpeg

Well time to make our own adjustable panhard bars. Tired of quality issues, outrageous shipping from Japan and Australia, and extended "mfg lead times" due to Covid....

So, I'm spinning parts to make up my own. Machined, fabricated, coated and assembled in the USA.

For the following series/models:

100, 200, 80/105, GX460, GX470, 4Runner and FJ Cruiser

OEM Toyota rubber bushes, turnbuckle adjustment for on vehicle adjustment, CNC milled and lathed components. Made from 1.25" solid bar, Zinc plated turnbuckle coupler, Grade 8 nuts and washers. Powercoat finish.

I'll also be releasing our panhard relo kit at that time too for the models listed above as well.

Should see production releases by the end of January.

Jason

PanHard Assy.jpg

3" wire cup brush and a face shield is the quickest way out.... Should strip it to the sound deadner in about 45 min for the entire floor. Then wash with Super Clean.

Just my process these days...

Jason

For the sound deadening I use a dry ice slurry, easy.

I don’t think I am removing the factory sound deadening, gonna bury it.

Cheers

Tried to go snow wheeling this morning, but the group fell through. Had to settle for donuts of shame when i got back to the house.

PXL_20211226_180501042.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom