Builds STPCHLD, a 3/70 FJ40, Get's a Frame Up! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been some time but we're past those issues now. Don't remember what fixed them. I'm known for not knowing how to fix wiring. So there.

I have however gotten mostly done with installing a new cluster in the truck. It's a Dakota Digital. Really nice piece. I left town for family Christmas which stalled me but will get back to it shortly. Only a few wires left to install. Some may have seen this on the " What have you done..." thread.

new cluster.jpg

Looks Good 👍

Next item that needed attention was the lights. Blowing fuses over and over all of a sudden. Well, we got the answer we needed. Turns out the early round fender lights I bought don't have the dual element lights. (Duh) but the original small rectangular lights do. (I hate those lights.) So, my buddy Neil gave me his old ones since his build has new ones. Took them all apart and son of a... I got the dual filament bulbs to work in the round housings!

So for the whateverith time, I'm down to letting the glue dry on the dash cover and add a little fluid to the t-case after messing with the e-brake. I wanted to take it out today to rescue the Mail jeep stuck out front but it had to much apart. Doesn't matter anyway, the driver turned down a Tacoma that came buy saying the gov issue truck liability and bla, bla, bla... It's still sitting out there.

A very rare snowfall has us under some 4-6 inches. In middle TN! This was common when I was a kid.

OKay. I've been negligent in reporting this but FINALLY!

It's DONE!! It''s OVER!!! I honestly can't think of anything else to do to this truck other than the occasional bath. It gets relinquished to the barn after work is done. The '32 and the wife's car get priority. Almost miss working on it... Nah, not really... Yet.

Last edited:
It's official. I uploaded all the information to post this truck on Bring a Trailer. There's no turning back now.

They tell me it will go live within two weeks. We shall see. I just hope it ends on a weekend. I'll post the link when it's up.

Last edited:
"Within the next 48hours."

"Within the next 48hours."
You can request to end on a certain day or weekend if you want. I had to do that so that I would be around to answer last minute questions. Good luck!

Apparently not any more. I wanted a Saturday and they declined giving me that.

Apparently not any more. I wanted a Saturday and they declined giving me that.
My 71 ended on a Saturday at noon and I got a lot less action than I thought I would. I would’ve preferred a weekday evening; early enough east coasters aren’t in bed but late enough west coasters aren’t at work.

Good luck with it!

It's LIVE!

Cruisers have tanked on BaT lately. The market for them has shrunk heavily. Decent 40s have gone for cheap. This one didn't. So it's for sale.

Kinda bummed but it's okay. Too busy to worry about it right now.

Cruisers have tanked on BaT lately. The market for them has shrunk heavily. Decent 40s have gone for cheap. This one didn't. So it's for sale.

Kinda bummed but it's okay. Too busy to worry about it right now.
What a shame. It is a nice 40. At least you had a good reserve on it. GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom