Ironman recovery points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any one know what M14 bolts would work for Ironman recovery points with Ironman bumper? The ones that came with the recovery points are too short (likely meant for stock bumper setup) and the ones that came with the ironman bumper don't have threads going all the way up the bolt and there's too much of a gap when fully tightened.

If you have the oem tow hitch, you can harvest longer bolts from there. same thread pitch and grade, just longer.

Any place to buy quality bolts? What grade should I be looking at?

Site wide 25% off sale now at Ironman4x4america.com just ordered these recovery points for $113 after taxes and discounts, free shipping.

FWIW, OP, I bought four M14 x 1.50 x 80mm in a Grade 10 from my local Ace Hardware. They were pricey at around $5/ea. But they work great and are strong AF. I’m running them on my RoadSafe recovery points which appear to be a similar design. Paired them with a flat washer and a lock washer. 🙌🏻

image.jpg

I haven’t received mine yet lol
But hey good callout there @DIFF LOCK I will do that once I get mine.

Do these come in yellow or red? Website shows red but yellow in the above picture.

Do these come in yellow or red? Website shows red but yellow in the above picture.
To clarify: I have the RoadSafe branded recovery points (yellow powder coated). They look identical to the Ironman 4x4 recovery points, which are red. No idea if they’re made by the same manufacturer. Ironman only offers theirs in red, which is weird since all their other parts are their signature lime green.

To clarify: I have the RoadSafe branded recovery points (yellow powder coated). They look identical to the Ironman 4x4 recovery points, which are red. No idea if they’re made by the same manufacturer. Ironman only offers theirs in red, which is weird since all their other parts are their signature lime green.
Thanks for clarifying. I have ironman lift and hate that lime green color.

Did Ironman stop selling their recovery points? The direct link posted above doesnt work and I cant find them on their site.
@Ironman 4x4 USA

Trail Tailor has a run of the soft shackle points up right now, which definitely isn't always the case. Powdercoated is out of stock, but looks like he still has some in bare steel. They're outstanding.

I saw these posted somewhere and the Poster said that these GU Patrol recovery points also work on LC100 series and they protrude a little further out for those of us with aftermarket bumpers.

Did Ironman stop selling their recovery points? The direct link posted above doesnt work and I cant find them on their site.
@Ironman 4x4 USA
They did for a short time. I bought a set with very chipped powder coat that they offered to return or they would replace....in April 2022! Aftet much back and forth, they just discounted mine $25 and now I'm keeping them. Apparently they noticed the whole bad batch of powder coat and it will take 6 months to get new ones up on the site. Just plain silly.

Just curious how weak the stock tow hook or recovery point is? Did anyone actually break one?

Just curious how weak the stock tow hook or recovery point is? Did anyone actually break one?

If I remember right (it's been a few years since I upgraded mine), the factory one's are more for securing the vehicle during a tow or transport, not really for recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom