Builds Work In Progress aka: Badass (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clutch master gave up the ghost recently. Slave was replaced pretty soon after I brought her home in ‘16. Hoping it holds out since they do tend to go together. I put my one day short of 8.5 to work…. Then my delightful son, Sal says when he’s 18 and can have the 60 and the body has fully rotted off he’s going to add a Land Rover Defender body on it. I told him to go look up the word blasphemy.
He was pretty good at following my directions pushing the clutch in and watching the reservoir while I bled the slave. Nice to have a kid who is older and can follow directions!
098C8A3D-8B82-424E-842A-821FF0323629.jpeg

48EF68C1-4523-47A9-B843-224EBC22C8BB.jpeg

568A3B96-4601-42D6-BBD5-A43700F8ADC8.jpeg

92B454C5-C41F-4F56-947A-325036F81A28.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice to have a kid who is older and can follow directions!

I loved it when my son was a little guy but its sure nice to have someone old enough to help out now and then. Good on you for showing him how to get things done.

Tree time. Picked one super fast and apparently very short!

81A33D69-9022-4E11-AEBE-96ADD0B1E08B.jpeg

6B724326-9F46-4AAD-8C59-30B99E8A5B0D.jpeg

275C849A-F73F-40E3-85FF-83240190840F.jpeg

D4AD78D8-A02F-4C02-ACD6-BAAC3915B1F1.jpeg

The pup on the right strikes a close resemblance to my dog! Especially with his ears slicked back. He even has the spot on top of his head and the black tip on his tail.
That poor boy is Arlo and going on 12, the female next to him is Bella who is almost 13. Arlo is deaf as a doornail (or is it doorknob?). When I want him to go out I have to walk up to him and touch him. It’s really quite amazing how bad it is! Only in the last few weeks have I finally grasped the intensity and don’t bother to yell for him anymore. Did some reading and came to realize it prob just startled the heck out of him when he’d suddenly feel the vibration of my call.

Last edited:
That poor boy is Arlo and going on 12, the female next to him is Bella who is almost 13. Arlo is deaf as a doornail (or is it doorknob?). When I want him to go out I have to walk up to him and touch him. It’s really quite amazing how bad it is! Only in the last few weeks have I finally grasped the intensity and don’t bother to yell for him anymore. Did some reading and came to realize it prob just startled the heck out of him when he’d suddenly feel the vibration of my call.
Arlo is a great dog name!

Arlo is a great dog name!
He came to me as Merle. There was no way that would roll well off the tongue when calling him when outdoors.

Life has gotten busy… work is awful. Only good thing about it is we’re so short staffed that they are paying us a hefty pickup bonus for each shift we aren’t scheduled, which for me is 2-3 a week. I only own 8 hours a week. Kid is in intense, smart as heck and growing leaps and bounds. He’s up to my chin now and weighs nearly 87 pounds and he thinks he knows everything about trucks. Chickens are now laying upwards to 6 a day… we’ve got 5 new layers, all, lucky me, were females… so Valentino is a lucky boy w/ a harum of 14 to chose from. My bees don’t know what to do w/ this crazy warm CT weather. So far it appears all six hives are still alive. The bf is still in the picture. He drives me crazy at times but I’ve come to accept his weird idiosyncrasies. And the kid really adores him which is a really good thing.
My 60 hasn’t gotten much love… tho glad I was able to do the clutch master easily after I sent back the brake master that I initially ordered inadvertently. 🤣
I recently found I have a potter near to me so after the holidays I hope to get myself at a wheel w/ an instructor. He built his own hive walk-in propane kiln which is amazing. Takes him 40 mins to close it up for a firing. So neat!

6B516568-D970-4B7D-9B3E-676BFE5D8F1C.jpeg

Brought home the telescope from the library yesterday and got this shot of the moon w/ my phone through the eyepiece.
D246A077-BDC4-4B25-89DD-FBA0FA05A8E5.jpeg

One of Jasons mad man projects… a rust free square body cab. I helped him move it to his truck to get moved to his garage. It sat in my front yard on a trailer for a week. Looked kinda goofy.
0AFE062B-02DF-420D-9547-E96317699CC7.jpeg

The clay potters propane kiln.
09C4E59B-8A58-437E-9AA9-3AEC220F7199.jpeg

28139505-246C-4F9A-92A2-B09F05AD6ED8.jpeg

Last edited:
Life has gotten busy… work is awful. Only good thing about it is we’re so short staffed that they are paying us a hefty pickup bonus for each shift we aren’t scheduled, which for me is 2-3 a week. I only own 8 hours a week. Kid is in intense, smart as heck and growing leaps and bounds. He’s up to my chin now and weighs nearly 87 pounds and he thinks he knows everything about trucks. Chickens are now laying upwards to 6 a day… we’ve got 5 new layers, all, lucky me, were females… so Valentino is a lucky boy w/ a harum of 14 to chose from. My bees don’t know what to do w/ this crazy warm CT weather. So far it appears all six hives are still alive. The bf is still in the picture. He drives me crazy at times but I’ve come to accept his weird idiosyncrasies. And the kid really adores him which is a really good thing.
My 60 hasn’t gotten much love… tho glad I was able to do the clutch master easily after I sent back the brake master that I initially ordered inadvertently. 🤣
I recently found I have a potter near to me so after the holidays I hope to get myself at a wheel w/ an instructor. He built his own hive walk-in propane kiln which is amazing. Takes him 40 mins to close it up for a firing. So neat!
What?? Your hens are laying, while mine here in the PNW are in "winter freeloader mode". They are eating more feed, demanding more attention, and not giving anything in return, all while I buy eggs from a neighbor... But I have to say, my rooster, Cabeza Pico, (loosely translated to, well, you get it..) is a little more friendly this time of year.

What?? Your hens are laying, while mine here in the PNW are in "winter freeloader mode". They are eating more feed, demanding more attention, and not giving anything in return, all while I buy eggs from a neighbor... But I have to say, my rooster, Cabeza Pico, (loosely translated to, well, you get it..) is a little more friendly this time of year.
Unwashed but this was as of yesterday. :)

C2D1297D-48DA-4A58-992C-CDFEB3AFBD07.jpeg

And no, I don’t get it… I no speaka anything but poor American English.

A first snow a week or so ago. And we spotted some local kids near miss w/ a good meadow campfire gone awry.

7F1A745D-73D3-4A75-9F0F-ABCE583DF49A.jpeg

B2BC6172-503C-4994-9FEA-192550841275.jpeg

A12FB89D-4627-45CC-87B2-A3B5987792FD.jpeg

Well, cabeza means head and pico means beak or to sting… so… Beak head? LOL Or head stinger? Haha!
Ok I think I follow…. Poor roosters always get picked on for their need to poke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom