Gas filler leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KDAWG97m3

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys, thanks for your help earlier today. On to the next item When I fill the LX up with fuel it leaks out of the neck filler. It is rotten. The part is 7720160350 is discontinued. What are my options for a new neck to the tank? Thanks

Yeah looking like a guy makes a stainless steel one…whoa..pricey. Any other options prior to buying?

are you sure that its the filler neck, i thought that mine was leaking but it ended up being the tank at the seam where the top and bottom halves meet. can you actually see where its leaking from, replacing the filler neck you either have to cut it in half to fit it in or remove the body.

Mine was the rubber hoses from the filler to the tank. I'm not there, just throwing out ideas. Those are still available. Mine were brittle and basically hard plastic.

Like is the rubber too. The metal line is rusted too. Not sure what to do….

I have part of one I cut & removed when I did a sub tank install. Free if you pay shipping from AK.

I need to get this fixed. Anyone have a good hose replacement or suggestion? Should I just cut the old hose and replace with a new rubber gas line?

Can you access the neck area without pulling the tank and put some JB Weld around the crack?

Others have cut out the rotted section of metal and replaced with rubber hose
using two hose clamps on each end.

As mentioned above, best long term route is to find a rust free filler pipe from a part out or salvage yard. But then again to replace the complete filler
pipe requires you to lift at least one side of the body off the frame IIRC (haven't done that job myself). Some have replaced just the top half of the pipe then used a short section of hose to connect to the distal end of the pipe that dumps into the tank.

Try some searches in this forum for replacing filler pipe or rusted filler pipe or similar words

You can cut the filler neck in half to remove, otherwise you have to lift the body off the frame. I just did this for a sub tank install. Others here have recommended Gates 23964 for the filler hose and 1/2" for the vent, that is what I'm planning to use.

Here are the OEM part numbers for the hoses that attach to the tank:

9531113022: vent hose
7721360090: filler hose

20211113_213231.jpg
20211120_094112.jpg
20211120_094127.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom