What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Completed my Redarc TowPro install. Pretty proud of the OEM switch look.

I also think I finally hit bedrock in what I'm going to take apart for cleaning. Next up is vacuum and shampoo!

20211207_144326.jpg

20211202_150928.jpg

20211127_171511.jpg

20211209_151605.jpg

20211209_152229.jpg

Upgraded tires to 285/75r16 on stock 16 wheels after the suspension upgrade (ironman foam cell pro+ SPC UPC). After the project i don't think i will need a aftermarket wheels as i like the look.

Such a good size for the stock 16" wheel, you can always add a 1" spacer if you want a bit less offset.

@TRAIL TAILOR Front diff drop installed. Best part is I didn't have to alter my ASFIR skid plate in any way. Used the Trail Tailor bolts supplied with the kit for the skid plate. Did not use the skid plate spacers.

View attachment 2860318View attachment 2860319View attachment 2860320

It looks like you are ready to have some fun off-roading or whatever you want to do. I did exactly the same thing with my TT drop diff and Asfir. No spacers. No regrets.

My skid plate takes a serious beating over rocks. Depending on how hard you are planning to wheel, the TT creeper skid works well.

I understand Jason just made up a few creeper skids for the 100 series. @TRAIL TAILOR

1639053426857.png

It looks like you are ready to have some fun off-roading or whatever you want to do. I did exactly the same thing with my TT drop diff and Asfir. No spacers. No regrets.

My skid plate takes a serious beating over rocks. Depending on how hard you are planning to wheel, the TT creeper skid works well.

I understand Jason just made up a few creeper skids for the 100 series. @TRAIL TAILOR

View attachment 2860393
I know I need it for the occasional rock crawling I do. Not in the budget at the moment, but definitely on my future mods list. The mods never end haha. :cheers:

A few weeks ago, I did a driveway 5 tire rotation before departing for a short trip. The Cooper MTP tires have roughly 8,000 miles on them so I took them to Discount Tire for their first balance. DT did a good road-force balancing job. Driving on the interstate is smoother now. It tracks in a straight line. Hopefully, the next 6 to 8 thousand miles will be as good as the first.

Before and after pics..trialling a mates wheelset with a different offset and while i love the look of the new wheels and tyres, they do stick out quite a lot meaning i will need flares, which i really wanted to avoid. But if i like them enough i guess i will go down that route. For legality reasons and also to avoid throwing stones up into the paintwork

20211208_133257.jpg

20211211_102424.jpg

20211211_102559.jpg

I installed my new Ironman 4X4 classic bumper, Warn Evo winch and SDHQ battery connections. I've owned my LC for close to a decade and these are the first major mods I've done for quite a while. The desire to get outside more his re-kindled my interest in the LC, and the members of the forum are an amazing resource for knowledge and insights. Thanks!
20211121_bumper 1.jpeg
20211121_batt conns.jpeg

I want to add two features to my Land Cruiser:
- Disable ABS
I plan on doing this by interrupting EXI2 to the ABS-ECU and connecting this input to GND.

- Override the Low Range shift pattern
I plan on doing this by interrupting the L4 switch to the Transmission ECU and connecting this input to GND.

Did not test if this works yet, but figured I'll start by engraving a switch:
View attachment 2857174

Don't mind me switching D & N...

Also Installed Seat Jackers from Desert Does It, I like these things.
View attachment 2857186
Those front seat lifters, which product are those on their site ? link would be nice. This would solve my low seat height !

Before and after pics..trialling a mates wheelset with a different offset and while i love the look of the new wheels and tyres, they do stick out quite a lot meaning i will need flares, which i really wanted to avoid. But if i like them enough i guess i will go down that route. For legality reasons and also to avoid throwing stones up into the paintwork

View attachment 2861262

View attachment 2861263

View attachment 2861264

We’ll I’m getting fast at hub work. After replacing RF steering knuckle and bearings I decided to replace the RF bearings with koyo/Toyota, assuming they were Timkens like I found on the left.
Got it apart and noticed that bearings have spun previously on this spindle too (it actually looks worse than the left one!)….did not notice this when I repacked them a month ago. So I buttoned everything back up and ordered another knuckle.
Makes it feel like less of a wallet blow to order the two knuckles separately, so I guess that’s the silver lining…..

C7142AA0-95A3-46A9-BE44-0DD4C09C7E16.jpeg

We’ll I’m getting fast at hub work. After replacing RF steering knuckle and bearings I decided to replace the RF bearings with koyo/Toyota, assuming they were Timkens like I found on the left.
Got it apart and noticed that bearings have spun previously on this spindle too (it actually looks worse than the left one!)….did not notice this when I repacked them a month ago. So I buttoned everything back up and ordered another knuckle.
Makes it feel like less of a wallet blow to order the two knuckles separately, so I guess that’s the silver lining…..

View attachment 2862758
Thanks for sharing. Definitely, something to keep an eye on.

Anderson Powerpole day. Wired up my Redarc BCDC to connect my Overland Solar Bugout 130 solar panel.

And cut into our new National Luna NL 50 fridge DC cord to put on a Powepole to connect to the dedicated fridge wiring that runs from the aux fuse panel to the back.

EB46A8EE-6F41-4656-9EC7-2019258E6B92.jpeg

1AECE8E0-FDF3-410B-8D3B-CA1846222E70.jpeg

1C75D28D-7D6C-447F-9BE1-F25DB424E7AB.jpeg

CDBB0D9D-A7B9-4844-B690-3E8C5E04DC02.jpeg

Nitro Gear UCA this weekend. Hemming and hawing over front wheel bears, lower ball joints, etc. I don’t really want to have it aligned twice, but I can’t drive it as is for long. Guess I have some homework to do (front end study) while I wait for the transit company to figure out where my place of employment is to deliver my front bumper kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom