No December Meeting... We are going snow wheeling instead! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We usually meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month for our official 406 CRUISERS Club meeting... however, we will not be having our monthly meeting this December.

We are going to go on a snow wheeling run instead.

With the unseasonably warm weather a lot of our trails are still mostly passible, we thought we'd get out in December and play! So grab your ugly Christmas sweater and load up your Toyota for one more off road adventure before the snow sets in!

When: December 11th We can meet in Bozeman and roll over as a caravan or in Ennis if you are coming from somewhere else (We'll top off gas in Ennis).
Time:
  • 9am at the Town and Pump Gas Station in 4 Corners
  • 10am at the Town and Pump Exxon gas station in Ennis.
  • There is no gas once we head over the pass into Virginia City, but we should be fine to get back to Ennis no problem. Even if you get 9mpg.
Where: We are going to try 2 trails near Ruby Reservoir (recent scouting says there is very little snow in the area). Axolotl Lake Trail and another trail in the same area (if we get that far) that cuts over to Ruby Res.

What: A fun Saturday run with new and old friends. Snow wheeling is a blast, we might make the whole trail, we might make it 1/2 way, we may not make it far at all... it is ADVENTURE! Bundle up, pack a lunch, bring a strap or two, maxtraxx's if you have them, snow chains (if you have them) a shovel and a good attitude and we will have a safe, enjoyable day exploring the area. We are planning to head over to the reservoir where @90WT has promised to show us how to pull Gold and Garnett gemstones right out of the ground. Bring snow sleds for the kids, mittens for the dogs and lets enjoy the day.

Why: Because as I right this its 65* in Montana... in December. Let's go play.

We will resume our monthly Meeting in January 2022 and we are going to be meeting at Sailors shop in Bozeman. More details as we get closer.

Who think's they are in!?

Pencil me in with your strongest pencil.

Assuming I can get my E-hubs working reliably I'd love to tag along.

I am at 50% - but this sounds awesome!! Will confirm as we get closer.

I am at 50% - but this sounds awesome!! Will confirm as we get closer.
There is no try... get that amazing 60 dirty!

Count me in!

Electric hubs still aren't 100% reliable but at least I've got them locked now. I don't have any radio equipment/comms, will that be an issue? I do have a spare seat or two in case anyone's rig is under the knife and they want to go anyway!

Electric hubs still aren't 100% reliable but at least I've got them locked now. I don't have any radio equipment/comms, will that be an issue? I do have a spare seat or two in case anyone's rig is under the knife and they want to go anyway!
Come on out man, you can likely try someone's spare HAM radio.

I am working to show up with my boy. It depends on how the week shakes out.

The Christmas tree run set huge expectations. I am not calling this event a success unless Bigfoot rides home shotgun with someone.

I am working to show up with my boy. It depends on how the week shakes out.

The Christmas tree run set huge expectations. I am not calling this event a success unless Bigfoot rides home shotgun with someone.
Maybe we should invite this guy then...
1638973395857.png

Maybe we should invite this guy then...
View attachment 2858870
That is awesome. When I moved up here my friends told me that I was going to be captured by Bigfoot. Whenever I touch base I have to report back the disappointing news that I still haven't kicked back with the big guy!

There are a few different places in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where you can find "Bigfoot Crossing" signs along the roads. Some of them even have brown footprints painted across the road. I loved seeing those signs as a kid and as an adult, realizing that they were actual DOT signs installed by the County, I appreciate them even more.

There are a few different places in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where you can find "Bigfoot Crossing" signs along the roads. Some of them even have brown footprints painted across the road. I loved seeing those signs as a kid and as an adult, realizing that they were actual DOT signs installed by the County, I appreciate them even more.
Taxpayer $$$ hard at work.

When you spend money to make kids happy.
1639002387215.png

That is awesome. When I moved up here my friends told me that I was going to be captured by Bigfoot. Whenever I touch base I have to report back the disappointing news that I still haven't kicked back with the big guy!

I'm guessing most of you weren't here or old enough to remember the annual Bigfoot hunt, put on by Stoners over in Elliston.
It went on for years, up until the bar was sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom