Builds Montana 65 FJ45LV "Tin Zen" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't waist your money on the SOR upholstery kit. I got it and it did not fit. Had to buy more of the darker material to make them fit. The material is also way too thin. Both my front and back seats have rips along the vertical stitching! This was after maybe six months of driving!?
IMG_2990.jpg
IMG_2991.jpg
IMG_2992.jpg
My upholstery guy asked me what I paid for the kit and he said he could do it custom for less with better material! :mad: So talk to an upholsterer before you get the kit from SOR!

Don't waist your money on the SOR upholstery kit. I got it and it did not fit. Had to buy more of the darker material to make them fit. The material is also way too thin. Both my front and back seats have rips along the vertical stitching! This was after maybe six months of driving!? View attachment 2842005View attachment 2842006View attachment 2842007My upholstery guy asked me what I paid for the kit and he said he could do it custom for less with better material! :mad: So talk to an upholsterer before you get the kit from SOR!
Thank you for the heads up @JLawson, that is very valuable feedback. Being a retail business, it appears SOR was too focused on the highest profits instead of the highest quality. As a counterpoint, there will be no profit taking from me on a group buy. I'll do all the legwork for free and split up the invoice from the suppliers with whoever is in with me.

Skipping around a little bit here, been trying to keep a couple of fronts moving forward with this project. I found a nice period correct beating heart for the ole girl. The PO of this motor has documentation to support his claim of 120k miles on this unit. I tried to post a little video clip of it running, but apparently the video is in the wrong format, here's some pics instead. Picking this thing up next weekend. The big blue SD40 that came with my LV will eventually replace the carb on this motor, but for now, I'm one huge step closer to driving this thing.
Screenshot_20211119-143900_craigslist.jpg
Screenshot_20211119-143904_craigslist.jpg
Screenshot_20211119-143910_craigslist.jpg

Motor was pulled from this nicely taken care of rig.
IMG_0152.jpg

And then there's the setbacks. For all of you who have said the FJ40 transmission hump won't fit in the LV, you were absolutely right.
20211120_165030.jpg
20211120_165137.jpg

Last edited:
Steve
I'm gonna use a family run business in Junction for my pig seats. IF you have any interest I could share their info. Since talking to them they are old school, little cranky on phone till they know you mean business but in a respectful kinda way....
Cheers
Jon

Steve
I'm gonna use a family run business in Junction for my pig seats. IF you have any interest I could share their info. Since talking to them they are old school, little cranky on phone till they know you mean business but in a respectful kinda way....
Cheers
Jon
Yes please, that's awesome Jon. I've only cold called a couple shops so far and progress has been slow. Thank you very much sir.

You didn’t know your picture was going to be on their cover?

That’s a great rig, in Steamboat to boot 😆 and worthy of any mag cover. I would think though asking for permission would have been appropriate, maybe even necessary.

Privacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom