Fan clutch replacement- two sizes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
capeq.com
My fan clutch has locked the fan on somits always roaring.

Have another order going in with Imoex so was going to just replace, but it seems there are two sizes, a smaller and a larger (can't remember which is which, earlier or later)

Is one better than another and are they interchangeable?

Blue is older style for 98-05 (Aisin FTC-021).
Black is new style for 06-07. (thicker/taller Aisin FTC-075)
98-05 FCT-021 vs OEM 07 (FCT-075). Differance 12mm.JPEG

Interchange easy for an '01, or more parts needed?

Thanks.

IIRC: Both fit 01 (98-05) fan blade, but only black fits 06-07 different fan blade. But don't hold me to it. I suggest using yr correct.

Interchange easy for an '01, or more parts needed?

Thanks.

Are you asking about installing the 06/07 larger clutch on earlier model year? You might not want to do that. It looks taller and would move your fan closer to the radiator. Fan blades do flex and might contact radiator fins. Fan is different on 06/07 too.

The blue FCT-021 for 98-05 is matched to the 98-2005 fan and shroud.

The thicker/taller Aisin FTC-075 is also OE spec for non-North American 200's. The US 200 uses a different model.

I have had my '98 100 "flexed out" before to the point where the fan was hitting something... I'm guessing the shroud since my radiator had no marks. Not sure if the taller fan clutch would help or make it worse. Since I have no cooling problems... OE to my year is fine.

Are you asking about installing the 06/07 larger clutch on earlier model year? You might not want to do that. It looks taller and would move your fan closer to the radiator. Fan blades do flex and might contact radiator fins. Fan is different on 06/07 too.

The blue FCT-021 for 98-05 is matched to the 98-2005 fan and shroud.
Thanks for the info.

@hankinid I have an FTC-021 OE sitting in my parts locker NIB you can have for $75 shipped. I bought the wrong one for my 06 (FTC-075). DM me offline if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom