Finally got a 100; which lift kit should I get with a 2 to 3K budget (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have 40k on my Tough Dogs, and do not have the paint issues. I really like them.

After ~3k miles, and some trails around Silverton CO, the front lower half, of my rear Tough Dog shocks, on our 99 LX, looked like they had been sand blasted.

They did ride pretty good, and each “click” of (rear) adjustment did seem to adjust “rebound” enough to be felt in the driver’s seat.

Last edited:
For 2-3k I'd personally get a made in America monotube, rebuildable, 2.5" remote reservoir shock. Tbh it's not a popular option on this board and most people go cheaper. Which I understand but it's not what I'd do.

Last edited:
Ok, I ordered the stage 3 kit from just differentials and now have to wait 3 months
I ordered direct from poly performance is San Luis Obispio as they have the lowest price on the stage 3 and it came in 2 days after placing the order but majority of the quality lift kit companies build times are about the same and ICON did tell me 14 weeks but it came, like I said in 2 days after ordering with Poly Performance. As much as I wanted the King suspension I couldn’t wait 48 weeks for them to build and valve the kit. If you need any updates call Scott at Icon he always picks up and will give you an honest update. Carl at Just Diff and Scott are pretty good buddies and designed the kit together many moons ago for the 100 series.

Downvote. ;)
1638034423263.gif

It's OK, everybody's wrong sometimes :flipoff2:
Even the guys with well engineered SAS's on this board (so you're actually getting a huge increase in travel and it's better front end than the 80 series)... A number of people you can count on one hand... Will publicly say it's a huge undertaking and very tough to do.

I'm sure it's a fun project if you're a fabricator with tons of time on your hand and wanna drop a bunch of money. Otherwise I don't see the point. Just buy a vehicle with a SFA.

And if it was me and it was my money, I'd want a long travel IFS over a SAS.

Ymmv, which is fine, we all have opinions. Iirc you swapped your 100 using a TT kit? Didn't you say you're getting 10.5" of travel or so? Now that I think about it, that might have been someone else.

If it wasn't obvious, saying downvote was a joke because obviously you can't do that for 2-3k and it's so en vogue to think a SAS will solve the world's problems on this sub right now, not a shot at anyone with the swap, haha.

Last edited:
Even the guys with well engineered SAS's on this board (so you're actually getting a huge increase in travel and it's better front end than the 80 series)... A number of people you can count on one hand... Will publicly say it's a huge undertaking and very tough to do.

I'm sure it's a fun project if you're a fabricator with tons of time on your hand and wanna drop a bunch of money. Otherwise I don't see the point. Just buy a vehicle with a SFA.

And if it was me and it was my money, I'd want a long travel IFS over a SAS.

Ymmv, which is fine, we all have opinions. Iirc you swapped your 100 using a TT kit? Didn't you say you're getting 10.5" of travel or so? Now that I think about it, that might have been someone else.

If it wasn't obvious, saying downvote was a joke because obviously you can't do that for 2-3k and it's so en vogue to think a SAS will solve the world's problems on this sub right now, not a shot at anyone with the swap, haha.

No worries, the joke was obvious. "SAS it!" it kind of its own joke, for all the reasons you mention.

Last edited:
No worries, the joke was obvious. "SAS it!" it kind of its own joke, for all the reasons you mention.
Yeah, I wasn’t being serious. Well maybe like 15% serious, because OP implied he had fabricating experience and tools and that money was not an issue.

Add one more to the Dobinsons IMS camp.

I get into a lot of rocky water crossing scenarios where the plush yet controlled ride strikes the perfect balance for me. The upper mounted pistons with lower shaft boots protect the shocks from the small rocks that I kick up on the trails.

A 2" front with a 3" rear lift is a must for the type of water crossings that I like to make. The 3" rear lift reduces the chance for the factory receiver hitch from hanging on rocks. It still happens once in a while, but the lift reduces the likelihood of that occurrence.

Now that people have figured out that Dobinsons torsion bars reduce work for the installer, demand has been increasing. DIY types like Dobinsons installation because the bars are pre-marked at the factory before being boxed. Dobinsons do not require fussing around with a straight edge, a sharpie, and counting spline tickmarks for installation.

Demand for Dobinsons product is running high. I think there may be some Black Friday Sales at the moment. @crikeymike

With a product that is in high demand, they do not need to constantly run "circus tent promotions" to sell products.

View attachment 2846949

Here's a picture of the protective boot in action.

View attachment 2846954

View attachment 2846955
Heads up: boots trap moisture which will blemish chrome-like finish.

see Rancho Rear Shock Boot Filled w/ Water - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans - https://www.f150forum.com/f118/rancho-rear-shock-boot-filled-w-water-355091/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom