What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also clocked my first tank of fuel.
2) when corrected for tires it got 17.88 mpg
DO NOT open the hood. Touch nothing! That's a miracle! ;)

Installed WKOR sliders (DOM with full top plate) and stuffed a warn vs evo 12s into my recently installed ARB bumper. Phase 2 is complete beat j can tell.

F1ECE92C-0CD1-46F0-8FA9-172D1C4E8252.jpeg

71D5D79C-A844-4CAA-9915-792B336CEBAC.jpeg

It only took about 7 tons of force to pop out the old bushings. I replaced them a few years ago so I decided to reuse them. They slid right in the new arms. Most of the time spent on this project was waiting for primer/paint to dry. These arms are pretty well built and clear the HD tie rod with room to spare. The trail repaired OEM arm (broke on Rubicon, truck has not been driven since) actually still looked good and probably would have been fine long term...but not something to chance.

51679360452_3eb148ca0c_c.jpg

I was camped with Mudrak and watched the trail side repair of your radius arm! Very impressive from welding by Dave. Cool to see it has held up. I‘ll let Dave know.

Cool,

Seth

I was camped with Mudrak and watched the trail side repair of your radius arm! Very impressive from welding by Dave. Cool to see it has held up. I‘ll let Dave know.

Cool,

Seth

I was fortunate to 1; break that arm within walking distance to the springs and 2; run into Dave. It was really cool to watch that repair. I was pretty impressed with that on board welder set up too..and how amperage could be adjusted via rpm. A bit fancier than a battery powered goweld.

I'm actually sending Dave the arm. He wanted it for a wall trophy.

What happens if you cut off your exhaust PRIOR to removing your rear bumper/mudflaps...
Unexpected since the cut was a couple feet from the mudflap/bumper. Oh yeah, and it whistles like crazy now. I hate it.

PXL_20211124_231029186.jpg

PXL_20211124_231034022.jpg

PXL_20211124_232020060.jpg

Also this happened today...
PXL_20211124_221857718.jpg

PXL_20211124_221903512.jpg

I drilled out two nuts to use as spacers. Mounted up well. 12.5k Gen2 seal or something like that.

Been outta the loop since I lost my password, then didn’t reset. But back in the mix with a 5 year badge today!

Been on a couple good adventures. Rig is running strong!!

Chasing a leak or two in the rear quarter window molding, replacing my ac clutch, and valve cover ventilation hoses. Nothing major, knock on wood.

Loving the Dobinsons IMS.

Happy thanksgiving folks!!

A couple shots from the last few months. Kid Halloween parade, hot wheels, eastern sierra trips, and a sweet ‘93 VX my wife found at a yard sale for a $1.

F2EAF793-72A5-4F20-BDBB-9AE8771DA251.jpeg
D86B2D61-E86A-4529-AEB2-AE41C9A0C232.jpeg
1C3E4808-4ADF-4BD3-BA4E-0C2D725DA679.jpeg
840850C2-88E6-4759-8A51-29425D01A85B.jpeg
3B7061DC-2459-429C-B589-660D6BA6AC63.jpeg

Yup. Finally got it on the stand. Someone has been in here before. Found quite a few WTFs?! so far.
Unfortunately, it is very hard to find quality shops now. Add to that the people who are fixing these themselves will band aid the crap out of them. My buddy had a great observation. When you are renting a home to a person, look at their car before agreeing to lease it to them. When buying a used car, look at the condition of the home first. If one is not taken care of, you can bet the other isn't taken care of either.

Finally finished these bad boys and got them mounted.
bkxYzlfl.jpg

IhgnJpwl.jpg

And the boy wanted a table in the back seat...
JkRobKPl.jpg

uo5FoQzl.jpg

Unfortunately, it is very hard to find quality shops now. Add to that the people who are fixing these themselves will band aid the crap out of them. My buddy had a great observation. When you are renting a home to a person, look at their car before agreeing to lease it to them. When buying a used car, look at the condition of the home first. If one is not taken care of, you can bet the other isn't taken care of either.
More our less had an idea of what I was getting into when I picked it up 3 years ago based on condition of hoses and fluids. Didn't think it would extend to the internals....
It is a testament to just how much abuse, neglect these things can take.

Got my set of White Knuckle Rock Sliders on. Love them!
IMG_1260.jpg

Where did you route the cable for the antenna? I am thinking of using my other Yota Teq for a CB radio.
The coax was installed by the previous owner. It runs from the center console through the driver's side firewall down to the frame and along the frame to the back left corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom