ARB bumper lights. Post your pictures (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Corbet Ive been wanting to see what those LP9s look like on an 80 with an ARB. Looks pretty rad! They fit up easy?

I had to build a mounting tab extension to move them forward. The LP9’s have a three point mounting system. It was not hard but did require some fab time. They will not simply bolt up.

0D5DD7CD-8B03-4D65-A3EE-50F8D53DC840.jpeg
18DB27FE-093F-4142-9FD8-15969AE34F22.jpeg

Actually came to this thread looking for ideas (fogs for the truck with lights).

upload_2018-12-29_23-46-54.jpeg

I used to have a set of IPF 800D's on when i first bought it.
IMG_1983_zps6d6ea2f3.jpg

Swapped them for a smaller set of LED lights which suit the type of driving i do with it now.
edit1_zpsb463d7a0.jpg

I had to build a mounting tab extension to move them forward. The LP9’s have a three point mounting system. It was not hard but did require some fab time. They will not simply bolt up.

View attachment 1818102View attachment 1818104
What would it take for you to email me a template of the extension bracket you fabbed up? Long story short, it would save be a lot of money to just have the template with the dimensions.

What would it take for you to email me a template of the extension bracket you fabbed up? Long story short, it would save be a lot of money to just have the template with the dimensions.

I did this all free hand out of basic bar stock. No drawings. The only way would be to completely remove the lights (PITA) and trace it all up. From memory I had to use 1/2' bar to space the main piece up over the round cross bar. Then the actual forward bar stock is probably 3/16" I shaped it with the grinder and a flapper wheel. It really only took a couple hours once I decided on where I really wanted the lights to land.

But here is another inspirational photo. They are well worth the effort.

2A2BB7E5-FBBB-40BB-9917-1C09709A4DFA.jpeg

Last edited:
I did this all free hand out of basic bar stock. No drawings. The only way would be to completely remove the lights (PITA) and trace it all up. From memory I had to use 1/2' bar to space the main piece up over the round cross bar. Then the actual forward bar stock is probably 3/16" I shaped it with the grinder and a flapper wheel. It really only took a couple hours once I decided on where I really wanted the lights to land.

But here is another inspirational photo. They are well worth the effort.

View attachment 1961298
Thanks Man. I figured, but thought I would ask. Just ordered up some LP9 Pro amber/ combos. Your 80 is the only one I could find on the whole WWW with LP9s mounted to the 80 series ARB Bullbar, so thanks!

I'll have to sort this out once I get them. Here's what i'm running now. $100 per Amazon:
unnamed.jpg

3BEFEF6F-9019-4722-9DD9-7DA528492E5A.jpeg
My $100 Amazon spots were filling with water and the reflector cracked on one, so I changed up my setup from 45 watt Amazon round spots and a Baja Onx6 10” to the Baja LP6 spot lights. Basically gained a little output while going from 3 lights to 2. I liked @Corbet ‘s LP9s but decided to try the LP6s and am pretty happy.
AB3ADA47-197F-43A4-A626-6D3B7D7569ED.jpeg
Also cut the ARB for my flush Squadron Wide Cornering lights.

Last edited:
Also cut the ARB for my flush Squadron Wide Cornering lights.

Do those squadrons do much above the output of the LP6s? And I figured the LP6 would be the easiest direct fit to an 80’s ARB tabs. They look like they fit perfectly.

I don't have an 80, but i have a 79 and the ARB bars are basically the same. I have run the IPF halogens, some cibe oscars and fyrlyts. Honestly, i should have just went with the fyrlyts, not a huge light but boy does it do a good job and i like light that is not blue or white. Probably more than some want to spend but i figure that i will keep them if i ever sell the vehicle. These are the fyrlyt nemesis 9000.

Poor quality pic:
2018-09-22-21-46-18.jpg

More like the actual colour of the lights:
2018-10-26-23-47-57.jpg

Excuse the not 80 bit but a general idea

2019-04-25-22-33-32.jpg

View attachment 1961400My $100 Amazon spots were filling with water and the reflector cracked on one, so I changed up my setup from 45 watt Amazon round spots and a Baja Onx6 10” to the Baja LP6 spot lights. Basically gained a little output while going from 3 lights to 2. I liked @Corbet ‘s LP9s but decided to try the LP6s and am pretty happy. View attachment 1961397Also cut the ARB for my flush Squadron Wide Cornering lights.
Which lights are you running in the sidemarker light spots?

Smallish lights, but 6k lumens each. Plenty of light in a compact and efficient form factor.

erica.jpg

cheers,
george.

^ Yes they are.

cheers,
george.

Last edited:
20211120_215613.jpg

21" LED bar, combination of flood and spot beam. Gives me 1lux at 760m, which is good enough to light up the road in front very well, without being so bright I get blinded by every sign reflecting the spots back at me. The flood beams are probably the most important though, lighting up the sides of the road to help me spot kangaroos before they get spooked and hop right in front of my car. Bloody dangerous they are on winding bush trails at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom