Bodyshop in Charlotte (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a good referral for a bodyshop in Charlotte for repairs on an 80? My rear swing out came I hooked and swing around and smashed into the rear driver side panel.
Thanks in advance.

B547B1E6-ED70-44C9-983F-2A770267256A.jpeg

First, you need to make up a better story that involves trails, trees, rhinocerouses, etc. Sounds better than the tire carrier.

Second, Certified Collision Services in Matthews is were we have gone a few times (my wife has frequent visitor card), and they have always done very good work.

Import Paint and Body in Matthews. Tell Christer that Tom sent you.

This post is timely as I am making good headway on my 60 restoration project. I've considered painting the truck in my shop, but the shop is very dusty and I don't think I can do it without getting some trash in the paint. I also need to have a new windscreen installed once it's painted as well. So I'm thinking of finishing the interior and then taking it somewhere for this work. @trichar2 I'm guessing these guys would be a good choice as well?

First, you need to make up a better story that involves trails, trees, rhinocerouses, etc. Sounds better than the tire carrier.

Second, Certified Collision Services in Matthews is were we have gone a few times (my wife has frequent visitor card), and they have always done very good work.
Haha….good point. Probably should have said I was going up Hells Gate when it happened.
Thanks for the referral. I’m actually headed out today to get a couple quotes.

Thanks

This post is timely as I am making good headway on my 60 restoration project. I've considered painting the truck in my shop, but the shop is very dusty and I don't think I can do it without getting some trash in the paint. I also need to have a new windscreen installed once it's painted as well. So I'm thinking of finishing the interior and then taking it somewhere for this work. @trichar2 I'm guessing these guys would be a good choice as well?
They specialize in Porche and other high end work. If that price range and perfection is what you are after, then yes.

They specialize in Porche and other high end work. If that price range and perfection is what you are after, then yes.
Great shop, had them repair front fender on our 2008 - did a good job. Perfect? Incredible? Nah. But this is a 2008 that's had several fender benders so, whatever. Still recommend.

I went to Import Paint and Body and they gave me a quote. I really liked them and price seemed in line with what I was expecting. I am going to schedule to have it fixed after Christmas.

Bumping this up... @Rick Carlson ...Rick, any updates on how it went @ Import Paint and Body?

Or does anyone else have recent feedback, recs around CLT for body work?

Working at the farm last weekend, a combo of mud, remaining snow, trailer with ATVs and my overestimation of the F250s 4WD capabilities (even in 4L and rear locked) resulted in a nice dent and puncture in the rear DS quarter panel. I blame it on driving nothing but Land Cruisers around the farm the last two decades and being accustomed to Mountain Goat mode...

Bumping this up... @Rick Carlson ...Rick, any updates on how it went @ Import Paint and Body?

Or does anyone else have recent feedback, recs around CLT for body work?

Working at the farm last weekend, a combo of mud, remaining snow, trailer with ATVs and my overestimation of the F250s 4WD capabilities (even in 4L and rear locked) resulted in a nice dent and puncture in the rear DS quarter panel. I blame it on driving nothing but Land Cruisers around the farm the last two decades and being accustomed to Mountain Goat mode...
I ended up pushing it out from the inside myself and put some touch up paint on it. I’m still going to take it there when I do get it fixed but holding off a bit longer. May end up having them paint the hood and roof too.

Thanks for the update. Wish I could do the same but with an actual hole in the quarter panel I am SoL.

If anyone has another other recs, I am looking around at options this week. TIA...

Thanks for the update. Wish I could do the same but with an actual hole in the quarter panel I am SoL.

If anyone has another other recs, I am looking around at options this week. TIA...
My number one recommendation is still CarsMetrics on South Blvd. Jeff has told me has has work booked until August, but he' sworked me in, and I would guess it depends on the size of the job.

Thanks for the rec, will check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom